• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Movie Ghost Rider durability downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currently the Movie Ghost Rider profile has a durability rating of Multi-City Block for no-selling a FGM-148 Javelin missile.

The radius of the explosion is consistent with Small Building level, and the Russian Kornet system has comparable if not superior firepower to the FGM-148 Javelin, yet its recorded yield is 10 kg equivalent of TNT which is Small Building level. The MOAB only has a rating of City Block level, which makes the current rating exaggerated.

I agree that the durability rating is definitely exaggerated! It's likely to be the byproduct of a user's inexperience.

Although I think there's more issues than that if you consider the tiering of his Hellfire Manipulation (Which mind you has been removed as a page and has become a section of the Fire Manipulation page only), which lists an 8-C rating with no calculation or source to back it up.

The speed section could also use an overhaul, as it only lists the speed of his motorcycle and the Supersonic attack speed is unsourced.

Other minor issues include listing Transmutation twice for the same reason, some grammatical errors, missing abilities like Surface Scaling, Immortalities without proper justification...

The page is sadly neglected!

Right, might as well fix the profile as a whole while we are at it.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Limited Fate Manipulation (Managed to survive his career as a 'pay-per-view suicide' stunt performer with no regard to his own life without injury, as a result of the deal he made with Mephistopheles), Transformation (Can transform from a human to the Ghost Rider), Enhanced Senses (Used his chain to drag Corrigan from his field of darkness), Immortality (Type 2 & 3), Regeneration (Mid: Can instantly regenerate from bullets piercing his skull), Self-Sustenance (Type 1: As the Ghost Rider he is unbothered by being submerged underwater, and lacks respiratory organs), Vehicular Mastery (Used to perform dangerous stunts with motorcycles as a human. Rides a transmuted motorcycle as the Ghost Rider which he can summon with a whistle. Transmuted a bucket wheel excavator to use as a weapon), Weapon Mastery (Uses a chain for combat and previously used a hellfire transmuted shotgun), Chain Manipulation (Can control a semi-sentient chain capable of increasing its length, and use it as a conduit for hellfire), Hellfire Manipulation (Can create waves of hellfire, and use his chain and other transmuted weapons as a conduit. The intensity of hellfire can easily melt metal and can disintegrate humans upon contact), Explosion Manipulation (Can create an explosion around him with hellfire), Air Manipulation (Can create a vortex of hellfire that sucks air in by spinning his chain, Shockwave Manipulation and Heat Manipulation with motorcycle (Generates shockwaves that sends cars flying and heat that melts metal while riding), Transmutation (Can infuse weapons and vehicles with hellfire to transform them into an upgraded form that conducts his flames), BFR (Can send people directly to hell by slamming them to the ground with his chain), Soul Manipulation (Can burn souls stained by the blood of the innocent with his Penance Stare. His Penance Stare can burn a thousand souls at once), Holy Manipulation (Learned to generate angelic blue flames), Healing (Resurrected a child on the brink of death with his angelic flames), Limited Flight (Floated in midair and swirled in a way that defies physics, though this was not used for combat), Limited Water Manipulation with motorcycle (Caused his motorcycle to float and drive on water), Surface Scaling with motorcycle (Was able to drive up a skyscraper with his motorcycle), Resistance to: Flame Manipulation, Pain Manipulation (Shows no signs of pain or discomfort when injured), Corrosion Inducement (His chain resisted Carrigan's ability to decay objects),

Attack Potency: Small Building level (Can incinerate dozens of humans at once by slamming them with his chain. Can transmute a bucket wheel excavator and use it as a giant flaming saw)

Speed: Subsonic combat speed (Can move as a blur). At least Subsonic travel speed with his motorcycle (Recorded to travel with a speed of over 200 MPH. Suddenly appeared besides a speeding car)

Durability: Small Building level (Himself and his motorcycle were undamaged by direct impacts from FGM-148 Javelin missiles. Shrugged off a collision to the wall from a speeding semi-truck)

I think this covers it?

The Hellfire Manipulation is fine since Chain Manipulation was discontinued and now reroutes to the Metal Manipulation page. We should just delete Fire Manipulation as it is a duplicate.

There are a couple of scenes that can upgrade to 8-C.

There is the excavator scene, which will need a calc:

5174450-gr%20ability%20hell%20transmutation%20%283%29.gif

There is incinerating dozens of humans with his chain at once. If it counts as vaporization, then we just need to multiply by the value to vaporize a human.

Those don't look like vaporization, you can clearly see ash and all, which you wouldn't if they were turned to vapor. As for the rest I'm not sure how it would be calculated but it could very likely give 9-A/8-C

Those additions look good from my recollection of the films, although you yes incineration requires significantly less than vaporization.

I don't believe you can directly scale Ghost Rider directly to what's done with the excavator, he's enhancing it yes but it's entirely dependent on the thing he's enhancing to perform the feat, so it doesn't realistically scale.

Slight correction on the Hellfire Manipulation bit because that page was specifically deleted, so whatever is listed as Hellfire will just be linked as Fire Manipulation!

I don't believe you can directly scale Ghost Rider directly to what's done with the excavator, he's enhancing it yes but it's entirely dependent on the thing he's enhancing to perform the feat, so it doesn't realistically scale.
Perhaps "9-A, up to whatever that calc gets with Vehicular Control"?

Perhaps "9-A, up to whatever that calc gets with Vehicular Control"?
We'd be giving him a tier for something he has access to one time based on a general enhancement that applies to objects he wields/operates, and the issue with it is we can't tell how much the excavator and how much the buff are doing separately, so how we quantify how much his power is impacting it is up in the air.

Chain Manipulation used to be a unique power with its own page too, now its page is deleted and simply links to Metal Manipulation. So it would be more concise and informative to use the name of the sub-power.

I agree that he wouldn't scale to the excavator. If he hijacks a Tier 8 tank that exists in the battlefield, then he will temporarily have access to its AP.

I have the fixed profile done on my sandbox, so it can be added if it passes evaluation.

I would avoid using terms such as "comparable to his durability" as, while we scale Durability to AP/SS per the idea that they don't break their own bones when they fight, we don't scale AP/SS to Durability this way.

The incineration of people should be fine for the moment, but how this may change with heat revisions (whenever those occur) I do not know. I'm sure there's at least one instance of him fighting someone who can harm him anyway.

You may have to change "Shockwave Manipulation" to Vibration Manipulation and simply change the redirect in Hellfire Manipulation, which can be done doing this: "[[Fire Manipulation|Hellfire Manipulation]]"

Flame Manipulation resistance also being the same thing should just be labeled Fire Manipulation.

That looks to be all!

EDIT: I would also consider this when you are editing the page, regarding the Hellfire bit.

EDIT 2: Fixed my phrasing.

Last edited:
"I would avoid using terms such as 'comparable to his durability' as, while we scale AP/SS to Durability per the idea that they don't break their own bones when they fight, we don't scale Durability to AP/SS this way."

Wait, we don't scale SS to Durability though. We do scale Durability to SS because they don't hurt their bodies when they attack, because they have to withstand their own attacks, not the other way around. If you have lower SS than Durability that just makes you a stonewall.

Wait, we don't scale SS to Durability though. We do scale Durability to SS because they don't hurt their bodies when they attack, because they have to withstand their own attacks, not the other way around. If you have lower SS than Durability that just makes you a stonewall.
This is entirely what I meant, I just wrote it out wrong.

Thank you, fixed the typos with flame/shockwave manipulation, made the redirect to Fire Manipulation in the specified way, and made the AP justification scaling to Blackheart since he was overpowered and disorientated Ghost Rider with physical attacks.

I applied the changes

If everything checks out, then this thread can be closed.

Looks good! I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back