• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Gladiator fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Gladiator (Marvel Comics) needs to have a varied file. I am pretty sure anyone who has ever read any of his comics knows that his and his race's powers varies based on their confidence, which is why they can go extremely high, and extremely low. For example: from War of KIngs Vol 1 1

As such, his rating should be; Varies up to 4-B

Yeah, he requires heavy revisions, but i am busy with other stuff. maybe later down the line

This seems uncontroversial to apply to me.

I am not sure if additional input is necessary in this case.

made the changes. I also went ahead and updated his stamina section to be more in line with the new standards.

On a side note, is this even necessary?
Gladiator and the Imperial Guard were created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Dave Cockrum as a homage to DC Comics' Legion of Super-Heroes, with all the Imperial Guard's original members created as analogs of Legionnaires. Gladiator was the analog to Superboy, and the name "Gladiator" was a conscious homage to the Philip Wylie novel Gladiator on which Superman was partially based. Gladiator's name, Kallark, is a combination of Superman's Kryptonian and human names: Kal-El and Clark Kent.

I think that it is a bit of interesting trivia, but it should probably be moved to the footnotes section.

I think its better to just remove it.

I will redo his entire summary in a bit. It's doesn't show much about Gladiator as a character

I don't think this kind of trivia is necessary tbh. They can just go to Wikipedia if they wanna see this sort of things.

Creator names are fine tho

Wiki is a standard name, yes. But summary section needs to have useful stuff.

Okay. I suppose that you can probably remove the trivia then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back