• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick addition to the Ice Manipulation & Radiation Manipulation pages

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
"[[Resistance]] to [[Ice Manipulation|Extreme Cold]] and [[Radiation Manipulation|Cosmic Radiation]]" is often added to profiles of characters who can survive fine in space, but the way one (Any new user) notices that a character they know can survive in space should have those resistances is by being aware of other profiles with the same, assuming they don't believe it to be due to being too deep into space or something.

The Ice Manipulation & Radiation Manipulation pages should clarify/reinforce this, simply having a text at the bottom saying something among the lines of:

"If a character is proven to be able to survive safely in space, they should have [[Resistance]] to [[Ice Manipulation|extreme cold]] and [[Radiation Manipulation|cosmic radiation]]."

If anyone feels like it in the future, how much cold, how much radiation, and which type of radiation there's in space could later be written in those 2 pages, which realistically no profile with those 2 resistances will ever have listed.

Also note that I removed the caps in extreme cold and cosmic radiation. There're not some special attack.

Seems fair. I know a few characters who went n space, lived, but suffered great damages or couldnt be there for very long.

TBH I don't think being in space immediately translates to a resistance to coldness, space has next to no matter to transfer heat with, so to reach coldness a significant amount of time with no sources of heat (for example, a sun), should be the case at least.

What I exemplified in the OP works on 2 ways, maybe someone doesn't add the resistances to characters that deserve to have it, or maybe someone adds it to character who do not deserve to have it. After all, they're only based off some vague, unevidenced claim they saw in profiles, why would they know better?

Any wording proposed is better than nothing, like saying the area of space one has to be in and amount of time.

Actually, DontTalkDT has discussed in detail why surviving in space does not grant resistance to extreme cold.

In most cold places such as the inside of a refrigerator, or the cold air of Arctic regions, there's a lot of thermal conductivity that attempts to extract heat from your body faster than you can produce heat. But in outerspace, there is not atmosphere to extract your heat and thus maintain the same temperature and thus you're not actually resisting the cold influence.

Cosmic Radiation is fine to my knowledge but not cold.

Sorry for the necro, but this seems quite relevant to ensure proper indexing and all
Even if we shouldn't just add resistances to these out of being in space for a minimal amount of time or whatever, I really think that should be brought up if that's the case, as I'm seeing pages having these resistances added for just minimal space travel

Back