• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I'm a big Digimon fan -- not the "Analyse everything about this series" fan(like I am for KHR) but rather a more "Sit back and enjoy the great story and characters" kind of fan, however, I've been wanting to get more acquainted with the context of different Digimon feats and whatnot for personal debates(My friend insists for some reason that any AI out there is stronger than Yggdrasil and I have no idea how to even begin debating that).

So first I have a question about these:

According to Tamers, the digital world is separated in different layers with "small universes" in between them. Then, according to Xros wars, there are actually 108 zones, the real world is one of them that are actually universes they have to traverse. Then there are the terminals connecting to different timelines. How is the Digital world actually structured?

Secondly, though the digital world is stated to be another universe far bigger than the real world(xros wars and the Zones), can destroying it be called a Multiversal Buster feat? Because technically it's a digital world, or can Digimon also do the same in the real world without human interference (in the anime/manga Digimon travel to the real world via the Real World and the digital world merging or by humans bringing them there in one way or another).

The third question, could anyone(human) just go to the digital world servers, destroy/hack Yggdrasil and be done with it? Or is there something preventing that from happening?

For most of the question asked, check the blogs linked to important information section in our verse page.

For first one, check the cosmology blog (world hierarchy one).

For second one, its current listed as Complex multiversal feat in this wiki, however there is a much higher upgrade planned, which is currently delayed for a few months.

For 3rd one, no. As said in ReArise, no human, Digimon, or Spirals can control power of Yggdrasil's realm (Kernel). If one isn't a god like Yggdrasil, they can't affect Kernel.

For most of the question asked, check the blogs linked to important information section in our verse page.

For first one, check the cosmology blog (world hierarchy one).

For second one, its current listed as Complex multiversal feat in this wiki, however there is a much higher upgrade planned, which is currently delayed for a few months.

For 3rd one, no. As said in ReArise, no human, Digimon, or Spirals can control power of Yggdrasil's realm (Kernel). If one isn't a god like Yggdrasil, they can't affect Kernel.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Huge help

According to Tamers, the digital world is separated in different layers with "small universes" in between them. Then, according to Xros wars, there are actually 108 zones, the real world is one of them that are actually universes they have to traverse. Then there are the terminals connecting to different timelines. How is the Digital world actually structured?
Its explained in our blogs
Secondly, though the digital world is stated to be another universe far bigger than the real world(xros wars and the Zones), can destroying it be called a Multiversal Buster feat? Because technically it's a digital world, or can Digimon also do the same in the real world without human interference (in the anime/manga Digimon travel to the real world via the Real World and the digital world merging or by humans bringing them there in one way or another).
Destroying a zone of the digital world is a low 1C (soon to be high 1C) feat, not just 2C or something like that
The third question, could anyone(human) just go to the digital world servers, destroy/hack Yggdrasil and be done with it? Or is
No, definitely not, no one in the entire verse is truly stronger than yggdrasil except like 5-7 characters at most

About the upcoming revision, there's no official structured map of the Digital World. Konaka made one for Tamers on his personal visions and different products and gave different explanations of the structure with some overlapping concepts. I'm working on getting some obscure stuff from Japanese books with some friends that include some unique explanations about the series and also some obscure setting documents and interviews that can explain a lot more of how the generalized Digital World works. If you want to see a bit of what I'm preparing, my Personal Blog has already some of this stuff as I go across the history of the development of the Digimon series and gather the overall concepts there. When I finish (Hopefully with the stuff from the books already scanned and translated), I'll make a final blog post (That I'll bring here too) with all the updated information that you basically will not find anywhere else (At least in English).

The level of stuff from these things can really put in question a lot of things in Digimon like something at the level of "Planets in TES are in fact infinite planes of existence and Outerspace is in fact the multiversal space between universes"

Back