• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

questions about....what this would garner up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solving a 100 x 100 cube

Morse slowly walked down a street. No matter how busy the street was or how the shopkeepers yelled to bring in customers, Morse did not seem to care. He was focusing on the 100x100 magic cube in his hands — it was one of the top ten most difficult puzzles in his country. A smile spread across Morse’s expressionless face, and he started twisting the cube fast. Others might think he was randomly turning the sides of the cube, but he was actually processing its algorithm in the palace of thoughts in his head...

Before his eyes was a transparent magic cube as enormous as a mountain. With a wave of his hand, he can rotate the cube’s faces. Beside Morse was a talking compass that had long thin limbs. That compass, whose needle rotated constantly, acted as his guide in his thoughts. When it saw Morse, it said with an annoyed voice: “I was finally able to get some rest, and now you’ve come to see me again?!” Morse used his eyes to signal the compass to look at the gigantic cube and contemplated a solution for the puzzle: “Vertical? Or horizontal?” “Even a blind person would know to turn the vertical one first! If you rotate this piece, a few blocks on the other sides would get the same color.” “The vertical is actually a blind-spot which wants me to think that I can solve the puzzle faster this way. If we look at it from a wider perspective...let’s go with the horizontal!” “If you have already decided in the first place, why did you ask me?!” “You being wrong lets me know that I am right.” They continued their discussion about how to solve the magic cube. In a short while, the gigantic cube almost returned to its original appearance and the compass’ needle began to rotate slower. Just then, someone bumped into Morse, forcing him to return to reality. It was a man who inadvertently stumbled against him. He immediately apologized to Morse before leaving in a hurry. Not particularly caring about this interlude, Morse entered his palace of thoughts again.

It was not long before Morse finally solved the entire magic cube.

and would this classify as conceptual manipulation from preventing the notion of destruction to appear?

“Then what is wrong with those creatures?” Yibb pointed at the beings over the land, eating up and preying on each other. They were all primitive creatures in the realm created in Daoloth’s hands.

“They… are devouring each other… impossible!”

“Right, originally the creatures of Daoloth made not have any notion of destruction. They’re pure and flawless. But endless creation has already used up its power and distorted its will…No, this is the truth perhaps, for single entity can’t last forever, even the almighty Daoloth.”

Probably gifted given that it was done so fast.
From what I can tell, Rubik’s cubes larger than the 3x3x3 basically follow a strategy dependent solely on whether they’re even or odd. So a 100x100x100 cube shouldn’t be signifucantly more strategically difficult than a 6x6x6, it just requires a lot more compartmentalizing and steps, and therefore more time for both thought and action.

The second wouldn’t grant concept manipulation. From the quote, all that’s implied is that they were made not to gain that knowledge, so limited mind manipulation would fit better.

Probably gifted given that it was done so fast.
From what I can tell, Rubik’s cubes larger than the 3x3x3 basically follow a strategy dependent solely on whether they’re even or odd. So a 100x100x100 cube shouldn’t be signifucantly more strategically difficult than a 6x6x6, it just requires a lot more compartmentalizing and steps, and therefore more time for both thought and action.

The second wouldn’t grant concept manipulation. From the quote, all that’s implied is that they were made not to gain that knowledge, so limited mind manipulation would fit better.
so it would be gifted if solved in 30 minutes eh. we're still dealing with a cube that has 38416 digits worth of combinations that is 10^38416 combinations., heck it contains more possible combinations than the combinations made in a chessboard, it could be genius to extraordinary genius.

I mean they were pretty much pure and flawless until Daoloth ran out of power to stop the notion from appearing in his creations.

Last edited:
Even a basic Rubik’s cube has 43 quintillion possible combinations, but no one looking to solve one would ever consider looking at all of them. You just need to know how to look for patterns in them.
I’d say gifted is the level of intelligence needed to pull this off in a relatively short time (which for this size, even a couple days would likely be relatively short), I can’t safely say that it’s higher, since it’s generally hard to say how much completing a problem quickly raises the difficulty, and how much more intelligent that would make someone.
So it’s “at least Gifted” in my mind.

That still doesn’t really seem to do anything that would qualify concept manipulation. Making something flawless, or making them unable to have certain ideas is still just creating them in a specific way, there’s no reason to assume it would need to involve applying an abstract concept to them.

Even a basic Rubik’s cube has 43 quintillion possible combinations, but no one looking to solve one would ever consider looking at all of them. You just need to know how to look for patterns in them.
I’d say gifted is the level of intelligence needed to pull this off in a relatively short time (which for this size, even a couple days would likely be relatively short), I can’t safely say that it’s higher, since it’s generally hard to say how much completing a problem quickly raises the difficulty, and how much more intelligent that would make someone.
So it’s “at least Gifted” in my mind.

That still doesn’t really seem to do anything that would qualify concept manipulation. Making something flawless, or making them unable to have certain ideas is still just creating them in a specific way, there’s no reason to assume it would need to involve applying an abstract concept to them.
hmmm...lets wait for the input of others

This is at most Gifted. It just takes a very good grasp on patterns and memorization of the order of steps. Nothing particularly Superhuman from what I can garner.

This is at most Gifted. It just takes a very good grasp on patterns and memorization of the order of steps. Nothing particularly Superhuman from what I can garner.
The thought process would definitely be much faster than a human's and comparable to that of a computer tho. as shown when Morse in the palace of thoughts is telekinetically moving the sides of the cube while others only saw the cube turning around randomly.

even a wish granting genie when he was wished to protect the country from any invasions, it used morse's design draft of a particular maze that encircles an entire country out of everything else. as shown below.

Inside the box was surprisingly an old lamp. The king picked it up, lightly rubbed it and read the ancient language carved on the bottom of the lamp. A gigantic genie then floated out from the lamp! “I am Genie, the Wish Granter, of this lamp. I can fulfill three wishes for you. What do you wish for?” Everyone, including the king, were all too shocked to respond. Just then, Morse reminded the king, “Weren’t you trying to use his power to save your country and subjects?” The king then cleared his mind and said, “Right...thank you for the reminder.” “You’re welcome. I only want my draft back.”

The king smiled and walked to the genie: “Great Genie! Please grant my country ever-lasting warmth!” Upon hearing this, Genie conjured light particles and let them flow with the wind; all that were present immediately felt the comfortable change of temperature. “Please protect my country from storms!” Genie then shot his power toward the sky and created an aura of light. “And my last wish. Please protect my country from any invasion.” Genie then took a design draft from one of the king’s men. Using the design, he controlled rocks and mud to create a maze that enclosed the entire country. After granting the king’s three wishes, the lamp suddenly disappeared; and the king believed that they had avoided peril.

Morse walked forward, picked up the design draft and carefully put it into his pocket before murmuring, “Stole my idea, huh? What kind of genie is that!"

No, it wouldn't necessarily even have to be faster than a human. He's definitely better than the average person in memory capacity and pattern recognition but it isn't particularly obscene.

The latter is at most Gifted.

off topic but...

what's the difference between a thread moderator, a content moderator and a sysop?
A Thread Moderator manages the threads on the vs battles forums and is at liberty to move, delete or close them as well as being responsible for keeping discussions civil and preventing rule violations here.

A Content Moderator manages the pages on the wiki itself, being at liberty to lock or unlock pages as well as deleting them when they no longer meet the standards.

A sysop is a general administrator of the wiki and forum.

A Thread Moderator manages the threads on the vs battles forums and is at liberty to move, delete or close them as well as being responsible for keeping discussions civil and preventing rule violations here.

A Content Moderator manages the pages on the wiki itself, being at liberty to lock or unlock pages as well as deleting them when they no longer meet the standards.

A sysop is a general administrator of the wiki and forum.
ah, understood.

You can ask them to participate in the match but I'd opt against just gathering people for an FRA chain.

And tagging only works for staff.

Anyways, the thread topic was addressed so I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back