• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about Sonic reality warping

My_area

He/Him
Seeing game Sonic's profile,the justification for resistance to reality warping is odd.

It says this
"Resistance to Reality Warping (Left unaffected by Alf Layla-Wa Layla warping reality)"
Upon clicking the link,the video just leads to Afl Layla Wa Lyla introducing itself and making the world into its own image.I can't really find where Base Sonic exactly "resisted" the reality warping.so how does he resist the reality warping and why does he have resistance to reality warping

Also how does Alf Layla Wa Layla reality warping exactly works?
It says in his profile under Erazor Dijin profile
"Reality Warping (As a Djinn, Erazor can reshape reality in accordance with wishes he grants)"
And in Alf Layla Wa Layla the closest part to mentioning reality warping is this
"All previous abilities on a vastly enhanced scale"

I get that Erazor Dijin reality warping works in the way of warping reality in order to grant users their wish like a genie but since Alf Layla Wa Layla reality warping which I assume is superior than Erazor Dijin so my question is how does it work? Was it ever shown?

This is to clarify confusion since in the thread of Kirito vs Sonic,the arguments were made that Kirito probability manipulation would be resisted by Sonic because it increases his winning chance and decreases Sonic's winning chance so hence Sonic would have resist it

You could literally add a word on Kirito's profile and the match would've been redone hut this is more important

At the beginning of the scene the surroundings depict a castle (0:00 - 2:00) but upon transforming Alf Layla wa-Layla’s existence warps the world into the black void seen throughout the boss fight, something Sonic was unaffected by. At the end of the fight Sonic warps the world back to its original state, showing that Erazor’s transformation indeed distorted the world beforehand.

The justification should probably be tweaked a bit to avoid future confusion. Maybe something like:

"Resistance to Reality Warping (Left unaffected by Alf Layla-Wa Layla warping reality and leaving the world a distorted void)"

And in Alf Layla Wa Layla the closest part to mentioning reality warping is this
"All previous abilities on a vastly enhanced scale"

I get that Erazor Dijin reality warping works in the way of warping reality in order to grant users their wish like a genie but since Alf Layla Wa Layla reality warping which I assume is superior than Erazor Dijin so my question is how does it work? Was it ever shown?
You didn’t read the whole profile?
image0.png

This gets into the main problem and that it doesn't seem to affect sonic at all it seems to affect the place he is within and going by alf statements most of them seem to refer to the already existing world like
Statements like this
"let us rule the world(already existing) together"
"i am the arabian nights i will be it's creator"
"I will remake this world and reality into my own image" "
" the stories of this world are mine"
It just seems like he'll erase the world and just remake thus rewriting it nothing says he outright warps the worlds in any way

image0.png
Did you miss when I said Alf’s presence warps the world into a black void?

It doesn’t need to be targeted towards Sonic specifically. Warping the world would naturally involve warping everyone and everything in it, so unless Sonic was outside the universe (he wasn’t) he would’ve been affected unless he had a Resistance.

I also agree with Maverick. Especially when there's still that orb/Sun in the background, which wouldn't be there if it was passive Void Manip or EE since it extends farther than where it was.

At the beginning of the scene the surroundings depict a castle (0:00 - 2:00) but upon transforming Alf Layla wa-Layla’s existence warps the world into the black void seen throughout the boss fight, something Sonic was unaffected by. At the end of the fight Sonic warps the world back to its original state, showing that Erazor’s transformation indeed distorted the world beforehand.

The justification should probably be tweaked a bit to avoid future confusion. Maybe something like:

"Resistance to Reality Warping (Left unaffected by Alf Layla-Wa Layla warping reality and leaving the world a distorted void)
Good point,I didn't notice that Alf layla wa layla after coming literally transforms the castle into black void.However I dont see where it was "warped" into black void exactly,it appeared to me that it just transformed into one which could necessarily not be through reality warping.It also doesn't look like Sonic exactly "warped" the reality back,he just used a ring and the castle and scenery and all was back.

Yeah,that seems somewhat better.
You didn’t read the whole profile?
image0.png
Thats my fault,I did read his profile but I read it quickly so I somehow missed the justification of reality warping in Alf Layla Wa Layla page.To this my question would be,how do we know that he is going to reshape the reality in his own image through reality warping and not simply destroy the reality and recreate one?
Went ahead and added the link for that to the profile.

Although, OP claimed Alf Layla wa-Layla’s tabber made virtually no mention of reality warping, which is just flat out untrue.
Thats clearly my fault,it seems that I didn't read Alf Layla Wa Layla tabber properly.
image0.png
Did you miss when I said Alf’s presence warps the world into a black void?
Uh I watched the video and I dont really find much indication where he "warped" the world into black void rather than just reduce it into one.
I also agree with Maverick. Especially when there's still that orb/Sun in the background, which wouldn't be there if it was passive Void Manip or EE since it extends farther than where it was.
If that's the case then why did Orb/Sub remain unaffected but not the castle?it was clearly destroyed...

Examples include erasing things out of existence, granting wishes, creating universes, creating/altering matter, time manipulation, spatial manipulation, etc.

Just gonna leave this here

Main problem I see with the counter argument above it's that it's trying to argue that it could not be reality warping, yet it doesn't show any proof of it, meanwhile everything Maverick argued is based on what reality warping gives

If anyone want the link to the Djinn vs Sonic fight:

(If for some reasons the video starts at the beginning, just skip to 3:14:31).

Just gonna leave this here
Examples for reality warping?
Main problem I see with the counter argument above it's that it's trying to argue that it could not be reality warping, yet it doesn't show any proof of it, meanwhile everything Maverick argued is based on what reality warping gives
Its not really a "counter argument" because I was just asking him that what evidences points towards it being a reality warping rather than some other abillty,not that its the other ability for sure.If I wanted to really make a counter argument against reality warping,I would have made CRT and not Q/A thread whose main purpose is just to ask the confusions regarding resistance to reality warping and reality warping itself.I saw Maverick arguments but I dont see where it shows that its definitive reality warping though ShakeResounding does make the good point that if it was void manipulation or EE then Orb/Sun would have been gone but I still had question so I asked him that which you can see above.
If anyone want the link to the Djinn vs Sonic fight:

(If for some reasons the video starts at the beginning, just skip to 3:14:31).

Thank you,I appreciate it.

Ah,I didn't mean the examples of reality warping but thanks anyways
Ah. That might take a bit of time to find, but sure, give me some time.
Looks like,I didn't express myself well.

When you quoted this

"Examples include erasing things out of existence, granting wishes, creating universes, creating/altering matter, time manipulation, spatial manipulation, etc."

I asked if these abilites you listed are example of reality warping ie its application but I checked the page and got the answer.Thank you anyways,no need to search for examples.

Nothing to bump. In fact, this probably grants more than just resistance to Reality Warping but that's for a future thread

I did ask a question regarding the evidence given to show that Sonic has resistance to reality warping but it was never answered so welp. Also this thread became really old..so yeah if there are new discussions regarding the same topic then this can be closed

Back