• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about Mewtwo Mind Manip

Just a question about both Mewtwo's Mind Manipulation resistances and potency.

1. How effective are Mewtwo's mind manip resistances. What aspects of mind manipulation has he shown to resist, and are these resistances layered at all? Would it prevent his mind from being read, amnesia being induced, afflicted with hypnosis, etc etc?

2. How powerful are his own mind manip abilities? Are they layered at all? What's the full list of mind related abilities he can perform? I know he can read minds, as well as wipe memories, but what else?

How effective are Mewtwo's mind manip resistances. What aspects of mind manipulation has he shown to resist, and are these resistances layered at all? Would it prevent his mind from being read, amnesia being induced, afflicted with hypnosis, etc etc?

Low 2-C resistance but it won't be accepted on this wiki

2. How powerful are his own mind manip abilities? Are they layered at all? What's the full list of mind related abilities he can perform? I know he can read minds, as well as wipe memories, but what else?

Low 2-C as well, if not higher

Well, I assumed that much at least, with all the others L2Cs in the verse, but what about the rest of what I asked?

mewtwo has 1 layer of mind hax (bypassed ash's and TR's resistances) + an extra layer with miracle eye

his Mind hax can control people, erase their memories, warp their emotions, can control machines

his own resistance can resist effects of other psychic pokemon comparable to him such as, best case here, Mew who has mind hax slightly below Mewtwo's.

so generally basic resistances, but his own haxx has 1-2 layers depending on if he uses Miracle Eye or not.

He has mind control, memory erasure, emotional manipulation, and... machinery control.

Thanks!

so generally basic resistances, but his own haxx has 1-2 layers depending on if he uses Miracle Eye or not.

He has mind control, memory erasure, emotional manipulation, and... machinery control.

Thanks!
no problem. He generally has very well rounded mind control, he can connect minds on a planetary scale as well and should theoretically upscale from galarian ponyta with illusion creation on an intercontinental range

Human minds stretch beyond space and time in Pokemon and Mewtwo can control them (though what I said isn't accepted on this wiki)

mewtwo has 1 layer of mind hax (bypassed ash's and TR's resistances) + an extra layer with miracle eye
Ash's resistance feats came after the movie, so he didn't have resistance yet. Ash's mind resistance is like a typical shonen character adapting and fighting through mind manipulation so it can grow stronger over time

he can connect minds on a planetary scale
Unfortunately that's PMD, Mewtwo isn't really a species Pokemon, every one is different

Ash's resistance feats came after the movie, so he didn't have resistance yet. Ash's mind resistance is like a typical shonen character adapting and fighting through mind manipulation so it can grow stronger over time
i see no evidence on that, not to mention that according to beeheyem mind hax works bad on people who are stupid and didn't work on TR and Ash. It's not like Ash's stupidity advanced since then.

that just proves my point. Ash's brain isn't gonna suddenly change. Lysandre's is one thing but if his brain is normally resistant to mind control then that just means that Mewtwo can bypass resistances.
Lysandre thing proves his mind resistance can grow over time

but it doesn't prove that it didn't exist beforehand
If his mental resistance can grow over time, you can't use mind resistance feats from future episodes for the same reason why you won't say beating Pikachu in orange islands scales you to Kalos pikachu

If his mental resistance can grow over time, you can't use mind resistance feats from future episodes for the same reason why you won't say beating Pikachu in orange islands scales you to Kalos pikachu
i am not scaling to lysander. His resistance can grow but you haven't proven that his brain can change. If his mind is special then mind haxing him would have been hard before as well. lysandre's case is mental strength, the beeheyem thing is more biological or existential in nature, meaning that the two resistances don't intertwine

i am not scaling to lysander. His resistance can grow but you haven't proven that his brain can change. If his mind is special then mind haxing him would have been hard before as well. lysandre's case is mental strength, the beeheyem thing is more biological or existential in nature, meaning that the two resistances don't intertwine
He must have meant mind when he said brain

Alright, you guys seem to have covered everything I needed to know for what I was looking into for Mewtwo.

Someone can have this thread closed now.

Back