• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions About Devil May Cry Canonicity And Speed

Why Devil May Cry Peak of Combat is considered canon ?, and if the Immeasurable speed feats are indeed valid, wouldn't this break DMC'S lore ? i mean if Dante has this kind of speed, what stops him from running back in time and saving his mother? or when he woke up from his coma in DMC 5, why didn't he run back in time and stopped Vergil from ripping off Nero's arm?

Why Devil May Cry Peak of Combat is considered canon ?

For the same reasons mangas, novels, games, anime and cd dramas are canon, duh.

and if the Immeasurable speed feats are indeed valid, wouldn't this break DMC'S lore ?

Immeasurable/infinite speed breaks the lore of almost everything.

i mean if Dante has this kind of speed, what stops him from running back in time and saving his mother? or when he woke up from his coma in DMC 5, why didn't he run back in time and stopped Vergil from ripping off Nero's arm?

For the same reason the other games happen. Or would you rather spend 60 bucks to play only 1 mission that last 5 minutes?

Why Devil May Cry Peak of Combat is considered canon ?
It is stated to be a orthodox sequel in the series set between DMC3 and DMC1, pretty much nothing shows it being non canon, not even the story
and if the Immeasurable speed feats are indeed valid, wouldn't this break DMC'S lore ? i mean if Dante has this kind of speed, what stops him from running back in time and saving his mother? or when he woke up from his coma in DMC 5, why didn't he run back in time and stopped Vergil from ripping off Nero's arm?
Being Immeasurable doesn't mean you can travel years, decades or any amount of time in the timeline, that's just a common misconception. It's one application/type for the rating, true, but not a necessary one

Immeasurable speed doesn't mean you automatically get time travel as an ability unless you show feats for it.
Same reason infinite speed doesn't give you ability to teleport even though that may feel intuitive.

Speed based time travel is one ways to get Immeasurable, doesn't mean other ways of getting Immeasurable speed will automatically give time travel.

For example Wally once outran instant teleportation, no time travel there but it is Immeasurable speed. Same here.

For the same reasons mangas, novels, games, anime and cd dramas are canon, duh.

I'm pretty sure that the mangas, novels, games, anime and cd dramas are canon, due the fact that capcom indeed confirmed them to be, and we have references (Mostly in DMC5) that their events did happen. In Devil May cry Peak of Combat however there's nothing as far as i know, that really confirms that is canon, is not even made by Capcom it is made by the Chinese NebulaJoy.

Being Immeasurable doesn't mean you can travel years, decades or any amount of time in the timeline, that's just a common misconception. It's one application/type for the rating, true, but not a necessary one
Oh i see, thanks for clarifying

It is stated to be a orthodox sequel in the series set between DMC3 and DMC1, pretty much nothing shows it being non canon, not even the story
Stated by who ? I think Vergil is supposed to appear in this game, doesn't this contradict the other games ?

Last edited:
Immeasurable speed doesn't mean you automatically get time travel as an ability unless you show feats for it.
Same reason infinite speed doesn't give you ability to teleport even though that may feel intuitive.

Speed based time travel is one ways to get Immeasurable, doesn't mean other ways of getting Immeasurable speed will automatically give time travel.

For example Wally once outran instant teleportation, no time travel there but it is Immeasurable speed. Same here.
I understand now, thanks for explaining

As for now, the only reason that DMC has Immeasurable speed is beacuse of Peak of Combat right ?

I'm pretty sure that the mangas, novels, games, anime and cd dramas are canon, due the fact that capcom indeed confirmed them to be,
Games are never called canon technically speaking... yet they are... common sense dictates why. Same for novels and anime... even though we have confirmation for them as well, not that we ever needed them.
In Devil May cry Peak of Combat however there's nothing as far as i know, that really confirms that is canon, is not even made by Capcom it is made by the Chinese NebulaJoy.
I must sincerely ask if you have even watched anything about said game on YT or wherever else. Its pretty blatantly a sequel to DMC3 from first glance... that alone is enough confirmation, a casual once over of the story is more than enough proof of its canonicity. If it is non-canon then it must be proven... not the other way around.
Not the first time in game industry a company hires another party to make sequels of games.

Tho as @Lightning_XXI explained, we already convered all our bases and officially proven its canonicity on this wiki.

As for now, the only reason that DMC has Immeasurable speed is beacuse of Peak of Combat right ?
Yes.

Games are never called canon technically speaking... yet they are... common sense dictates why. Same for novels and anime... even though we have confirmation for them as well, not that we ever needed them.

I must sincerely ask if you have even watched anything about said game on YT or wherever else. Its pretty blatantly a sequel to DMC3 from first glance... that alone is enough confirmation, a casual once over of the story is more than enough proof of its canonicity. If it is non-canon then it must be proven... not the other way around.
Not the first time in game industry a company hires another party to make sequels of games.
I must confess that i haven't watched it yet, has the game been fully released ?
Tho as @Lightning_XXI explained, we already convered all our bases and officially proven its canonicity on this wiki.
When did you guys proved its canon on this wiki ?
I saw some scans that may imply Immeasurable speed in other DMC media

1: Void Mundus is stated to be free from the flow of time. (Devil May Cry Volume 2)
2: Dante moving in a house that transcended space. (Devil May Cry 1)
3: Mundus's palace being separated from the flow of time. (Devil May Cry 1)
4: Space and Time Concepts do not apply to Chen. (Devil May Cry Volume 2)

There's also the Fury's space-time jumps, i know that a lot of people don't consider this feat valid because Fury is a fodder, but he's really supposed to be much faster than other demons, it's just that his AP isn't so great, similar to the Rippers in POC, who's Pluto scales above.

Shouldn't these feats be used to back up their speed ? if POC turns out to be Non Canon ?

I must confess that i didn't watched it, has the game been fully released ?
Its a mobile game with RPG and gacha features, so similar to such types of games.. we periodically get new missions and content.
Although we do expect main story to be finished at somepoint...you can watch the entire walk-through of game as it is available on YouTube. It has been officially released in China last year, its been planned to release on other platforms worldwide in some foreseeable future.
Where you guys proved its canon on this wiki ?
It was a thread for Names in DMC, I might have linked it but I can't find it cuz forrum is being ass about its search function.

That's Acausality Type 4.

Moving in some extra-dimensional space isn't immeasurable speed.

That's not immeasurable either.

Maybe?? On its own it means nothing whatsoever

There's also the Fury's space-time jumps, i know that a lot of people don't consider this feat valid because Fury is a fodder, but he's really supposed to be much faster than other demons, it's just that his AP isn't so great, similar to the Rippers in POC, who's Pluto scales above.
Official raw for Fury doesn't cite anything like that. Its just teleportation via space manip.
Whatever speed it has besides teleportation is due its raw power which isn't scalable to anything because its featless and and has no relative scaling to other demon's speed.
Shouldn't these feats be used to back up their speed ?
Sadly they don't work as support.

if POC turns out to be Non Canon ?
Unlikely to happen, if it does... well we will deal with it if when it happens. No use fretting over it now.

Its a mobile game with RPG and gacha features, so similar to such types of games.. we periodically get new missions and content.
Although we do expect main story to be finished at somepoint...you can watch the entire walk-through of game as it is available on YouTube. It has been officially released in China last year, its been planned to release on other platforms worldwide in some foreseeable future.
Alright, thanks for the info.
It was a thread for Names in DMC, I might have linked it but I can't find it cuz forrum is being ass about its search function.
That sucks, i really wanted to take a look at it
That's Acausality Type 4.
Is it ? dammit
Moving in some extra-dimensional space isn't immeasurable speed.
Makes sense
Official raw for Fury doesn't cite anything like that. Its just teleportation via space manip.
Whatever speed it has besides teleportation is due its raw power which isn't scalable to anything because its featless and and has no relative scaling to other demon's speed.
Oh ok.

Back