• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about Dante's firearms.

Always interested in this. I am not very knowledgeable about Devil May Cry, and therefore I had a question. Do Dante's pistols and any other firearms have the same power as Dante himself? If not, how can he finish off the final bosses with them, if some of them have the level of the Low Multiverse? And do they have any unusual feats?

It is rather strange for a character to carry a human-made firearm with them while fighting Mundus-like creatures.

Is this story armor? Are the firearms themselves incredibly powerful? According to the game's lore, Dante doesn't use them against cosmic entities? Or is there another explanation?

All I found in the profile is that Dante only doubles the base power of the pistols. Doubling the power of pistols is still wall level. I would like you to have scans attached to each application, because I am really very interested. DMC profiles are my favorite.

Simply put dante channel his demonic energy in it to make it strikes more effective and from you got that he doesn't use it against the high tiers?cause he actually used it to kill argosax

And double power part shouldn't be taken seriously cause it's either flowery language or them not understanding how multipliers work like with the devil trigger

He can literally amp his weapons with his own energy to his own power level, otherwise if he tried firing them in full auto or nunchucking them like he usually does, their barrels would simply put, explode. Considering Lady's own 9-A-ranked weapons have a tough time taking out Demons, it'd be silly to assume that Dante's guns actually go up Wall level. Because he uses long-slide 1911-style guns that shoot .45 ACP.

Thanks you all.
Indeed, Mundus and Argosax are defeated in the final battles due to the demonic energy in the pistols.

Arkham, apparently, died because of her, since the bullets were multi-colored.

There's also the fact that DMC features other weapons made by humans that are clearly more powerful than real life machines, like Nico's Devil Breakers which bring abilities like slowing and stopping time and carrying far more power than their small size would typically allow. Also Pinnacle of Combat describes weapons made by humans for demon hunting having regeneration negating qualities. Even Lady's weapons are stronger than normal, with the huge holes they leave in demons, and their apparent ability to kill things that are able to become intangible.

Dante needs bigger guns. Which give me an idea for the next game!

Devil May Cry 6: Dante goes to Bermuda Triangle to beat the crap out of his father living tax-free in some Caribbean Island having never bought the milk for him and his brother.
FTFY

And gets a set of gauntlets that are bigger than his body and a giant rifle that somehow grows to the size of a skyscraper. And Sparda somehow has an even bigger weapon and certain innuendos are made. And then Vergil proves size isn't everything (it's how you use it) by shaming all their weapons with Yamato. There's got to be some kind of hint there, a verse full of huge weapons and the strongest weapon is a normal sized Japanese sword.

In all seriousness though, the idea behind Pandora was for him to have a transforming gun with one form that was larger than himself.

Seriously though, Dante's guns have on-screen feats vastly higher than the power of a real pistol, like blowing Echidna apart. Even by sheer size alone you'd need a large missile to do that. Even Lady's guns have been shown to leave far bigger holes than they normally would.

Edit: there's also the fact that 5.6mm bullets fired from assault rifles at close range were barely affecting the Empusa, which are literally just worker ant demons. So demon hunter's bullets tearing apart demons is even more impressive with that in mind.

Back