• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning some OFF (game) stats: Part 1 of 3

Howdy! Today I am here because recently I have gone through OFF and find myself questioning some of the stats and feats listed for the verse. I won't be questioning the Player's tier (that is a separate conversation). I will be referencing Mortis Ghost's 15 anniversary Q/A, alongside a summary post for the video (though I will post timestamps as well). This will be in 3 parts since I am sick at this time.

Part 1: Guardians making their zones and it being rated at 5-B

Zones and Guardians:
According to Mortis Ghost (creator of the game), Zones are floating continents of a broken world (2:33:34-2:24:30). According to the Guardians in the section of the Room that details the past, the world is a post-apocalyptic Earth. This matches what Mortis says, in that the world of OFF is a dead world after apocalypse occurred (1:30:57-1:31:51). Dedan mentions in the flashback that they (himself, Enoch and Japhet) and the Queen will rebuild the destroyed countries and chart them out. Later on, in the game the Queen asks the Batter why he has destroyed the land she rebuilt.

Book in the Zone 2 Library shed a little more clarification. The Queen selected the Guardians to rule and watch over the Zones. Furthermore, the Guardians receive energy from the Queen in order to shape said energy in to living spaces for the Elsen. According to Mortis, the Queen and Hugo emanate power to "strong willed people" in order to make places (1:56:28-1:58:06) (example he gives is Judge and Zone 0, Dedan and Zone 1). The Book of Japhet shows how this works, detailing Japhet drawing from the last of his energy pool to make his library, grander than it ever was (this part is interesting because it suggests he is rebuilding a destroyed library from the past).

Given the details we have, I propose instead of the Guardian creating country/continent sized landmasses from the Queen/Hugo's energy, they instead created living spaces on the floating continents, rebuilding destroyed structures overtime from before the apocalypse occurred. This is still done via turning energy to mass, so I am not against this process applying to AP (official artwork also depicts Dedan's competence as energy, likely from the same energy pool). Japhet's book confirms the process of creating living spaces is overtime, which lines up with Dedan's speech in the flashback. Japhet making the library could potentially use a calc, though the timeframe he made it in isn't detailed.

Evidence that has been presented to me prior for the creation of the landmasses is the fact Guardians sustain the existence of the Zones. Enoch comments that guardians are the living engines of their zones. Enoch comments that Zone will disappear when he dies, which is consistent with what Mortis says, in that a Guardian's death causes a Zone to turn white and disappear. My issue with this is that the disappearance takes a while to occur. Initially the Zone turns fully white and text present within said Zone becomes unreadable, but the Zone is still physically present (for example Judge is seen crying on the library rooftop in Zone 2 after Japhet's death). Judge's ending has him walking through all the purified Zones until he eventually walks through a white void. It is interesting to note though, that parts of Zone 3 "white out" as if purified when Enoch tires out from chasing the Batter. Overall, Zones do not immediately disappear when Guardians die. The reason they lack any life is because the secretaries murdered all the Elsen, as stated by Mortis in a DeviantArt Q/A.

Summary: I think there is more evidence to suggest Guardians created all the living spaces in the Zones rather than the landmasses themselves. The argument of sustaining the Zones also does not detail that it takes a long time for said zone to fully disappear after the death of Guardian. I am proposing the removal of the 5-B tier for Enoch, Japhet, and Dedan. It can be replaced with the calculation for a Burnt Elsen stopping a train (more on this in another CRT) or a calc going over Japhet making the Library of Bismark.

Book in the Zone 2 Library shed a little more clarification. The Queen selected the Guardians to rule and watch over the Zones. Furthermore, the Guardians receive energy from the Queen in order to shape said energy in to living spaces for the Elsen. According to Mortis, the Queen and Hugo emanate power to "strong willed people" in order to make places (1:56:28-1:58:06) (example he gives is Judge and Zone 0, Dedan and Zone 1). The Book of Japhet shows how this works, detailing Japhet drawing from the last of his energy pool to make his library, grander than it ever was (this part is interesting because it suggests he is rebuilding a destroyed library from the past).
Given the details we have, I propose instead of the Guardian creating country/continent sized landmasses from the Queen/Hugo's energy, they instead created living spaces on the floating continents, rebuilding destroyed structures overtime from before the apocalypse occurred.
I'm not sure what the evidence that they didn't rebuild the entire continents is supposed to be. The only thing you point at is that they recreated a previously existing library, but I don't think that makes more or less sense with either interpretation- whether there was a landmass or not before Japhet rolled up, the structure wasn't there, so either way it would have to be built in the image of a former one, not literally building on top of it.

The fact that they're continents floating on top of the oceans is also evidence that they were rebuilt from scratch in my opinion. If this is a post-apocalyptic Earth, well our continents don't do that obviously, so it makes more sense to say that they're new ones. There's also the fact that the sea is now all plastic and such- whatever this apocalypse was it clearly affected all of the planet pretty radically.

Finally, "sketch out the maps for the countries that will be ours" absolutely implies that they're at bare minimum reshaping the landmasses significantly, and likely making them for scratch (it can't just be "drawing borders between them", given they're all separated by the ocean).

I actually no longer agree with the creation stuff for OFF (these keys at least), but not really because of this stuff- my issue regarding both the library creation and the Zones as a whole, is that all of it is done overtime as far as we can tell (and I don't think there's a timeframe?). That is a fairly significant concern that could invalidate the feats. This, though, I don't really give much validity to.
This is still done via turning energy to mass, so I am not against this process applying to AP (official artwork also depicts Dedan's competence as energy, likely from the same energy pool). Japhet's book confirms the process of creating living spaces is overtime, which lines up with Dedan's speech in the flashback. Japhet making the library could potentially use a calc, though the timeframe he made it in isn't detailed.
I would actually disagree with this being E=mc^2- we have pretty clear standards that it should only be used if the process is clearly brought up, essentially by name, and that isn't the case in OFF.
Summary: I think there is more evidence to suggest Guardians created all the living spaces in the Zones rather than the landmasses themselves. The argument of sustaining the Zones also does not detail that it takes a long time for said zone to fully disappear after the death of Guardian. I am proposing the removal of the 5-B tier for Enoch, Japhet, and Dedan. It can be replaced with the calculation for a Burnt Elsen stopping a train (more on this in another CRT) or a calc going over Japhet making the Library of Bismark.
There's a higher tier 8 calc, albeit it's not evaluated yet.

as discussed on the cord:

I guess I could have explained it better but the reason I believe it's not necessarily creation is that the books pretty much imply the guardians inherited the zones from the queen meaning they already existed, and when talking about zones, Mortis mentions they are the floating continents present in a destroyed world with light spots meant for travel. I'm not sure their creation would produce connections to the nothingness?We know the world OFF is super weird given the oceans of liquid plastic and seas of liquid meat

Discussion is still in progress there

to be honest If you watch the scene for the elsen and the train. I think the train just stopped naturally. There is no impact with the elsen and when the batter comes of the train the elsen is some meters away from the stopped train.

to be honest If you watch the scene for the elsen and the train. I think the train just stopped naturally. There is no impact with the elsen and when the batter comes of the train the elsen is some meters away from the stopped train.

I'd rather not use the Markiplier walkthrough as it uses the Translation 2.0 which is just outdated here.

However, it says the same for the 3.0 version, and... I guess so?

Back