• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, you'll need to express yourself better, I do not u derstand what you are trying to say...
oh srry my english kinda sucks
A character use 9-A weapons for years and B constantly figth agaist that weapons
so.. B tanks the 9-A weapons or what
PD: the feats are off screen

Wait it a minute so that means by the reazoning of the wiki that B character havent got a hit by A characters?

Really dude? Your thread gets closed for being incorrect so you just make another one?
not really i make this thread a while ago to answer if my reasoning was correct so.. no this treath wasnt created by getting that characters to certain levels

Eh, you'll need to express yourself better, I do not u derstand what you are trying to say...
To clear up livin's purposeful vagueness, Team Fortress 2 has weapons that atomize the characters in the verse, livin is asking that even if they are not shown to tank them can they be assumed to have tanked them off-screen at some point due to the characters having been fighting for years

To clear up livin's purposeful vagueness, Team Fortress 2 has weapons that atomize the characters in the verse, livin is asking that even if they are not shown to tank them can they be assumed to have tanked them off-screen at some point due to the characters having been fighting for years
yep that i just dint specify because i dint want to become another *cough *cough 8 bit theather *cough *cough

Either way, when people says "tank" means they are stroke and receive moderate damage, not if they are severe injured, in whose case they does not scale.

Either way, when people says "tank" means they are stroke and receive moderate damage, not if they are severe injured, in whose case they does not scale.
i am 100% that they just downscale that certain feat to a uknown amount because someone did a thread in the old wiki

Too vague.

It's probably safer to use the actual confirmed tier justifications for "B character", rather than use a "possibly this tier" for fighting against A offscreen? Because I think using the term "possibly" should be used minimally, and it is the most you'd be able to accomplish at best. Not to mention, there are also issues such as these that you have to be careful of. If there's a lot of feats that relates or are comparable to B character's physical justifications, then it's probably best to keep it at the confirmed tier (which is at B character's level), rather than using something that exceeds theirs, to make it even more consistent.

It also depends on what the weapon does, if it attacks with actual quantifiable AP, or just plain hax.

Too vague.

It's probably safer to use the actual confirmed tier justifications for "B character", rather than use a "possibly this tier" for fighting against A offscreen? Because I think using the term "possibly" should be used minimally, and it is the most you'd be able to accomplish at best. Not to mention, there are also issues such as these that you have to be careful of. If there's a lot of feats that relates to B character's physical justifications, then it's probably best to keep it at the confirmed tier, rather than using something that exceeds theirs, to make it even more consistent.

It also depends on what the weapon does, if it attacks with actual quantifiable AP, or just plain hax.
so.. is valid if anything the feats doesnt contradict other feats? if is then thanks

so.. is valid if anything the feats doesnt contradict other feats? if is then thanks
also figthing character off screen can give a possibly tier example crocodile
Too vague. I won't exactly answer to that.

My answer will not be applicable to every case. It has to be discussed on a case by case basis. It has to be proved that it happened, and that the offscreen fight implied that A (Mostly A's weapon), and B are at least physically comparable to each other.

Last edited:
also can you explain in more detail what would fall into vagueness in this situation and then i am fine

At this point, just leave it.

The Team Fortress cast scaling to these weapons is not going to be accepted on here, and pushing for it any further is just unnecessary as long as you don't present concrete evidence supporting your stance.

Them tanking shots by, say, the Cow Manger is gameplay-only, in none of the cinematics or comics were shots by it tanked by anyone. At this point, this is your best bet for 9-A mercs in any way, shape or form.

Simply "fought x" is not reason to scale to anything; fights are not like pokémon battles in the games, is not "A attack, B losses x amount of HP, now B attacks and A losses y amount of HP", its more complicated than that.

At this point, just leave it.

The Team Fortress cast scaling to these weapons is not going to be accepted on here, and pushing for it any further is just unnecessary as long as you don't present concrete evidence supporting your stance.

Them tanking shots by, say, the Cow Manger is gameplay-only, in none of the cinematics or comics were shots by it tanked by anyone. At this point, this is your best bet for 9-A mercs in any way, shape or form.
not really just a random say that it can be valid
also TF2 has 10 9-A feats

Simply "fought x" is not reason to scale to anything; fights are not like pokémon battles in the games, is not "A attack, B losses x amount of HP, now B attacks and A losses y amount of HP", its more complicated than that.
i am pretty sure that is how it works because you know scaled specially if the figth constantly can make the scalling more constant

People parry attacks, dodge, aim dodge, keep their distances, use variable powers... There's a bunch of maneuvers that can be performed during a fight than simply "I hit, then you hit me".
yes but at some point they should tank the atacks and it would be extremlly stupid to say they dont get hit specially if the strategy of the characters are use AP instead of hax

If this thread is being used for justifying a verse upgrade, I think it'd be better to make a CRT, rather than a Questions and Answers thread, no?

If this thread is being used for justifying a verse upgrade, I think it'd be better to make a CRT, rather than a Questions and Answers thread, no?
not really i tried to make it but... while umm 3 people gang me up with MUH PROBALITY also i am gona do it in the future so.. there is that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back