• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Rela/FTL Kinetic Energy

I'll say right here first, this is not a proposal for FTL KE to be used. Getting that out of the way

So, there is hundreds to thousands of verses that have feats that can't be used due to FTL not working KE wise. But I have one question to this, which is could they scale to the highest level of Rela KE that we have, being 93 percent Rela speed.. Example,

Alex Russo scales to a star moving feat, and while this puts her in the Star/SS range, the KE of it is FTL, meaning it can't be calced. However, wouldn't she logically be able to scale to our highest Rela KE since that is just moving the object Slower rather than faster. If I'm reading this right, we don't go above 93 percent the speed of light, so anyone who can move objects at FTL, should at least scale to 93 percent Rela KE since that only requires moving an object slower rather than faster which should take less energy to do. (Assuming of course it's consistent to their degree of power). And if we don't do that, then why? Is there any reason we couldn't use this?

Just a question that I've been thinking about. Seemed like it should be scalable, but I wasn't sure how that is looked upon.

I think we can use a result above 93% but limited by 99%, the result is multiplied by 4

That doesn't really answer the main question I had.

When someone moves something at FTL speeds, while we can't use FTL KE. Shouldn't we be able to use Max Rela KE since that's just moving the object slower, and thus requiring less energy to do so

Buttersamuri said:
That doesn't really answer the main question I had.

When someone moves something at FTL speeds, while we can't use FTL KE. Shouldn't we be able to use Max Rela KE since that's just moving the object slower, and thus requiring less energy to do so
Already brought up by me and rejected.

I personally agree. I find it ironic that a character pushing a star ftl was considered weaker than a character pushing a star at 50% c on this wiki.

Inhonestly believe they should scale above the highest relativistic percentage we use. Of course they scale above to an unknown degree but still.

To quote DontTalkDT "FTL KE feats, that are inherently unquantifiable, end up lower than high end quantifiable KE feats is not only unavoidable, but also natural/desirable as any unquantifiable feat should be approached with greater reserve than quantifiable ones."

Sounds weird we consider it less KE. But alright. Damn you FTL. Why can't we achieve you so we can figure out what FTL KE does

Back