• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Glass Joes durability and AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to ask why is Glass joes durability only put at wall when we have he can tank hits from Sandman (who's small building) and Little mac (who's 3 star punch is Much stronger than any of sandmans attacks. So small building at least) And his defense helmet can block Macs physical attacks after the title fight. Unless they be a Star Punch. This should give his a trial durability Small Building via surviving Mac attacks and his star punches before and after the championship fight.

As well. While he may be the weakest of the Punch out verse, his AP shouldn't be Just human level. He should at least get a Low end Wall maybe higher Buff for being able to do any damage to Little mac. As Mac has small building durability via sandman. And Joe does fight him After the Title fight in the rematch. Meaning he is injuring the Mac who actually got small building durability. Not entirely saying Glass Joe should be put at small building right next to sandman and Mac. But Human level is just ridiculous. A human couldn't even hope to scratch Small Building durability. Anything under Wall would kind of be unfair.

Also Mac needs his profile bumped to Small Building via sandman scaling.

Summary Durability buff to Small Building

AP low end wall to higher.

I'm not sure if scaling to Sandman should count, since Joe was presumably knocked out extremely easily by Sandman. If he managed to put up a fight against him maybe, but from the looks of the cutscene Sandman seems to have wiped the floor with everyone but Mac.

CBtheDB said:
I'm not sure if scaling to Sandman should count, since Joe was presumably knocked out extremely easily by Sandman. If he managed to put up a fight against him maybe, but from the looks of the cutscene Sandman seems to have wiped the floor with everyone but Mac.

Eh to be fair. We never saw the fight. We just saw pictures of him punching them. There could have easily have been a fight. But we just don't see it. And If they couldn't even compete with Sandman. How did they just fight with little mac. And also fight him again in the title defense bout. Where everyone fights (and have animations for winning. Which can canonically happen, and can both do and take damage.

in before I bring up that it's canon that Glass Joes one win came from the world champion in super punch out

Andytrenom said:
Mac is wall level not small building level, in durability or anything.
Sandman is put at small building and Mac just hadn't been updated. He should be via tanking hits and beating sandman. Which is why I'm also saying mac needs a quick update

Little Mac is only 9-B but where did Sandman's 9-A feat come from? Anyway, Glass Joe is still an athlete, so anything lower than 10-A seems a bit low. And as the others said, Joe is usually one shotted by other boxers. Mac also gets one shotted by some of the other boxers as well and it's generally sheer skill and speed, and building up his power over time that he's able to win most of his fights.

If that's the case, he might need to be downgraded back to 9-B if he didn't actually one shot the building.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Little Mac is only 9-B but where did Sandman's 9-A feat come from? Anyway, Glass Joe is still an athlete, so anything lower than 10-A seems a bit low. And as the others said, Joe is usually one shotted by other boxers. Mac also gets one shotted by some of the other boxers as well and it's generally sheer skill and speed, and building up his power over time that he's able to win most of his fights.
No idea tbh why it's small building. I just brought it up cause Sandman was accepted there

As well. No boxers don't one shot mac. They can get him down in a few shots. But they aren't one shoting. Not even Sandman. Mac can take several hits from him

Andytrenom said:
The feat putting Sandman at 9-A, it wouldn't happen to be the one debunked in this thread would it?
No idea. I said it just above. But I only bring it up cause

Human level is kinda ridiculous for someone who can injure an at least wall. And possibly small building (not sure if that's the feat for Sandman. But if it is. Wall regardless)

There are a few who oneshot Mac; King Hippo and Doc Louis do iirc. And I know for certain Donkey Kong does.

No they don't. Only one character can actually one shot. And that's the Orginal Mike Tyson or Mr Dream. Other than that. Max Can take several hits from people like Sandman.

Sandman is stronger than Hippo right? If so, being one shot by hippo probably won't mean much either way if he can take hits from Sandman.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
There are a few who oneshot Mac; King Hippo and Doc Louis do iirc. And I know for certain Donkey Kong does.
4:28 1:25

Watch and you see mac can take hits and it takes a small chunk of health. So no. Nobody One shots

I meant some of the bosses are capable of it; there is a difference between the regular punches and charged punches. The charged ones actually could KO in one or two hits from the stronger boxers; and Donkey Kong being the strongest for sure.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I meant some of the bosses are capable of it; there is a difference between the regular punches and charged punches. The charged ones actually could KO in one or two hits from the stronger boxers; and Donkey Kong being the strongest for sure.
Oh dear god, let's not bring DK scaling into this. Then this thread will turn bananas, lol

DarkDragonMedeus said:
1. There's only like 1 attack that I recall that can take you down. Which is the bull charge.

2. Irrelevant. Cause Mac can tank hits from Sandman and his heavy attacks and keep going. And since everyone fights Mac again. They can scale to championship mac.

Tho we are steering off topic. The main point is here.

Joe not only can take hits from mac. But if you use the argument it was early mac.

Title defense changes that. Mac fights Joe more than once (cause you get to the point where you fight until you lose 3 times) And can hurt championship Mac. And take a 3 star Punch from him.

So alright. If small building isn't accepted. That's fine. But Wall level AP seems only fair. Mind you. A causal punch from the start of the series was calced at 114,110 joules. And Joe can tank a 3 star punch from end Game mac. And injure this mac as well (who should be more durable but by default. And this comes from Don. So it's likely they are a lot stronger as Sandman is much stronger than him, and Mac trained after beating Sandman. And can fight and take damage from Glass Joe. So Wall just seems fair, this isn't like Joe is the first guy you fight and you never see again. You see him after Beat the champion. Trained more, and fought again. And can still canonically lose. (Albeit that you suck or you relied on punching him in the head and don't know how to get stars. But none the less. Doing any damage to this mac justifies wall)

3. Also what shin said. less we want to debate a country level Punch out... I'm down for it

I suppose Likely works. But after the championship. I think he straight up is. Just because how high they already were in wall at the start of the game

Also possibly in his durability having it Wall level (reasons why) | At least wall level

Because his headgear can block all of Macs blows less they be star Punch

And since it shows He is athletic to a degree. And to macs degree of blocking punches and even avoiding star punches. Goes into his movement and reaction

If it's alright. Since nobody seems to have any issue to bumping Glass Joe to Likely 9-B

Also debuffing Sandman to At least wall (as that what the thread says) since his feat seems to have been debunked from small building. I'll do that if it's fine

Well Ant Just undid the Debuffs on Sandman. I'm not sure why. But that ended up happening to Sandmans page.

Forgot to mention, always link the URL of the Content Revision thread when you perform notable edits of a page such as statistics changes as to not cause confusion. I'll will look over them though.

Ant usually revert edits to profiles done by newer users and then tells them they should create a content revision. There was other errors and we don't usually link threads on profiles; we link blogs, Imgur images, Narutoforum calcs, and sometimes YouTube videos. But I took care of editing Mr. Sandman's page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back