• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GER

For instance, consider a male character who transcends the platonic concept of existence and yet in the novel or story he resides in, he's still able to speak and cause change in the story. Shouldn't that be contradictory? Because from what I've heard, transcending platonic concepts doesn't make any sense since they're literally perfect ideas or forms for the objects they encompass. Another example is a domain transcending all forms and types of platonic concepts. How does it remain a domain? How can one be in or not in it? If it's like a place, then it instantiates the form of space and so can't be beyond that form. If events can happen there, if people have the power to change it, then it's not beyond time, history, or agency.

I know this is fiction and anything can be possible, but it doesn't just make sense for characters, who transcends all types of platonic concepts, to exist when they should transcend the platonic concept of existence. It breaks the suspension of disbelief if the audience even if the author said so. Thus, how can one make a good story about everything I mentioned? Or am I, perhaps, perceiving platonic concepts the wrong way? I don't know. It's just too confusing for my head to wrap around the idea.

Yeah there perfect ideas transcerding them would be against there perfection if am right.
No one can transcerds all platonic forms because it is tier 0 in nature. If you remove the tier 0 part which is the form of the Good and The one. so basically only a tier 0 can transcerd the forms if there not tier 0 they dont transcerd the forms to begin with like the Form of the Good is tier 0 because it transcends all other Forms and is the ultimate source and foundational form to all other Forms providing there perfection,qualities and what ultima said in the omnipotent page
This very notion, in turn, springs from the sixth book of Plato's Republic, which features a dialogue between Socrates and Glaucon, where the former expounds on the central idea of the work – The Good, which he describes as that which is over and above the Forms in the Intelligible Realm. Indeed, while the Forms are essences ("Ousia," the "what"ness of all things), the Good "transcends essence."

Last edited:
Yeah there perfect ideas transcerding them would be against there perfection if am right.
No one can transcerds all platonic forms because it is tier 0 in nature. If you remove the tier 0 part which is the form of the Good and The one. so basically only a tier 0 can transcerd the forms if there not tier 0 they dont transcerd the forms to begin with like the Form of the Good is tier 0 because it transcends all other Forms and is the ultimate source and foundational form to all other Forms providing there perfection,qualities and what ultima said in the omnipotent page
Wait, was the Tiering System updated? Because from what I remember, Tier 0 is only an extension of High 1-A and omnipotence doesn't automatically place a character to Tier 0 and that platonic concepts isn't automtically 1-A unless proven with enough context and evidence given by a specific verse. I haven't been up to date in VS Battles since 2022.

Wait, was the Tiering System updated? Because from what I remember, Tier 0 is only an extension of High 1-A and omnipotence doesn't automatically place a character to Tier 0 and that platonic concepts isn't automtically 1-A unless proven with enough context and evidence given by a specific verse. I haven't been up to date in VS Battles since 2022.
yeah it has changed here you can find all the pages you need to read

So, would it be contradictory if a character can still fight (like shonen style) if it transcends all forms of platonic concepts? To add more context as to what I'm saying, let's just say there exists a "place" transcendent of all platonic concepts. It's transcendent of the abstract domain (all supernatural worlds and afterlife) and the material domain (aka reality). The cosmology isn't necessarily Tier 0. Thus, is it possible to still make a coherent story with thereof without breaking the suspension of disbelief of the audience?

So, would it be contradictory if a character can still fight (like shonen style) if it transcends all forms of platonic concepts? To add more context as to what I'm saying, let's just say there exists a "place" transcendent of all platonic concepts. It's transcendent of the abstract domain (all supernatural worlds and afterlife) and the material domain (aka reality). The cosmology isn't necessarily Tier 0. Thus, is it possible to still make a coherent story with thereof without breaking the suspension of disbelief of the audience?
They'd just be false platonic forms (which is still like 1-A if it sticks to motto of being transcendent to material and everything being a shadow of it)

They'd just be false platonic forms (which is still like 1-A if it sticks to motto of being transcendent to material and everything being a shadow of it)
Are true platonic forms Tier 0, then? As grabbing dragon had stated? Because like I mentioned earlier, I haven't been up to date with VS Battles for the past 2 years.

Back