• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about the speed of massive explosions

A cooks formula standards related question

Long story short in a certain verse there was a massive explosion I already calculated that had its released energy extend past a 672km radius in like 4 seconds

But the verse has a hypothetical explosion that was described as being powerful enough to destroy all of Singapore (Measurements on Google maps for the radius is 20km)
and both explosions literally work the same just one is on a bigger scale

So would it be ok for me to say the explosion would take 1 second to travel its far smaller distance based on the massively hypersonic speeds of an explosion similar to it?

I mean, if it is only going to destroy 20 km, it is far weaker than the first one, so no.
It was just stated it was going to destroy at least Singapore although the threat to neighboring countries wasn’t mentioned so it likely was close to but not far above 20km

So thx for the input I guess if that’s the standards with explosion speeds then that’s fine. (Darn it well there goes a potential upgrade)

Back