• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

question about the infinity possibilities in gurren lagann.

Let's start by knowing that the Multiverse is most often identified as a field of stars. Keep in mind that the Multiverse will always be branching, due to quantum cosmology, which implies infinitely branching parallel universes, we must also recognize that several theories are taken into account to form the Multiverse cosmology.
There are an infinity of universes in the multiverse, with each universe always branching and proceeding at the same time, such universes are created through observers' perception of possibilities, the possible futures being perceived or recognized are transformed in universes,in the game, let's say, there are 6 observed possibilities, and after one of them is realized, the remaining possibilities don't disappear, they are realized in another part of their own universes.
Let's also take into account that there were direct mentions of probability space.

what is the interpretation of hilbert space(infinity dimensions).

so I wonder why there are not infinite dimensions in ttgl?

when literally the possibility of it is all in the labyrinth of the multiverse

I mean if the possibilities are infinite and the universe works through vision.
I mean a universe becomes real when you see it, but since most of the universe is unknown, you can't see the universe.
but the multiversal labyrinth makes you see infinite universes of infinite possibilities that branch out, the more you see the more universes become real
lordgenome says that the anti spiral space or the super spiral space or whatever, is hidden between the 10th and 11th dimension universes, and they can't see it, but thanks to Nia's ring, they can locate the universe and when they reach it they succeed see it and that universe becomes fixed and they can detect it without needing the ring.
this is explained since being in uncertainty for a universe to be real and visible you have to see it and there it becomes fixed.
ashtangas can manipulate probability to hide in all dimensions, with a multidimensional srchodinger (the number of ashtangas is from 10 to power 68) super galaxy gurren lagann's attack can attack any existing dimension, space and time, even with srchodinger's multidimensional probability.
so actually even if the enemy is in a super distant dimension, he will still get hit even without being seen (unless he is a universe or transcendental plane, which was the case with anti spiral)
but it is also that the universes dimensions 10 and 11, are dimensional layers (that is, they are multiple layers).
this is confusing but it would have been better explained in a cosmological explanation

Last edited:
The point is that infinite possibilities allow unseen universes to be real, with the possibility of: what if?
possible automatically.
so a possible, more dimensions, is possible, but the normal ttgl universe or multiverse has layers that transcend the multiverse (and the labyrinth multiversal)
that is, the dimensional universes 10 and 11

Lot to read but I get the point. A hilbert space, gets infinite dimensions either by:

1. Multiplying the wave functions through complex numbers
2. Extending it's Euclidean plane to infinite directions.
or 3. Adding up the inner product of an infinity of vectors but meh.

Point is, TTGL, I don't think uses any of these three.

waitin
if other series of the verse trigger also have infinite dimensions...........and they are not universes, because it is also said worlds (and let us remember that in Japanese culture world can be either planet or all of existence, or the universe or cosmos).
and in this case, as I already said, this is uncertainty and they don't know about the rest of the dimensions because they are not observed (anti spiral I suppose that he does know about that because well, he is omniscient) what the multiversal labyrinth does is make everything possible universe be real.
and there are all the possibilities

In fact, the creators of Trigger Studio themselves used this logic later in their works (Kill la Kill, Little Wicha Academia, Space Patrol Luluco and Promare) that are practically in the same cosmos.
and it's two
1.gurren lagann is part of the trigger-verse
2. gurren lagann created the trigger-verse or is it beyond the trigger-verse

but this will be important for another post

Well, it is not very noticeable at least for me, sometimes it is noticeable and other times it is so discreet that it seems that he is saying it genuinely, it is confusing

anyways afaik you might have made the common mistake of confusing mathematical dimensions with universal dimensions.
Infinite possibilities in a multiverse with parallel universes grants infinite universes most of the time. Universes are also called dimensions sometimes.
Meanwhile, mathematical dimensions are a whole nother thing.
A mathematical dimension is a measurement. Like look at a cube. It has height width and length, all of which make it 3 dimensional. Time is most often considered the 4th dimensions and dimensions above the 4th are unknown and fall under the realm of theories and hypothesis.

No problem. Always here when there's a need for more detailed explanations.
Yuri's explanations
Story-about-happiness-The-meaning-of-the-black-dot-on-a-white-paper.jpg

And just like that, they beat me.
At least this is better than what happened on twitter (which wasn't even about cosmology).

but ok thanks for answering my question, now can you close this please?

And just like that, they beat me.
At least this is better than what happened on twitter (which wasn't even about cosmology).

but ok thanks for answering my question, now can you close this please?
can't i ain't a mod.
Anyways don't consider it a loss. What we're looking here is truth, at least the small part of truth that we can get. You asked a question and you were given an explanation. You weren't "beaten", you were given an explanation of something newbies confuse all the time.
And don't argue on twitter. Reddit, tik tok and twitter are hellholes for vs debaters, though out of the three reddit has the most people with more than 2 braincells.

That’s not how the multiverse works, especially in TTGL. It wasn’t infinite from the beginning, it all started from a single universe, and branched into more universes because of more outcomes basically. If the first universe was 11 dimensional which would logically be assumed, every other universe would also have an 11 dimensional structure. It’s impossible for a universe to have a more complex structure, than its parent universe, (I guess u could call it) just by being born.

it’s completely illogical to assume it has more than 11; there is nothing alluding to something greater

(sarcasm star)thanks admin for answering me when they had already answered me.
by the way anti spiral is not 1-C high it is higher than that, I did not like that range at all (specifically when some more things were skipped)

didn't you notice that the universe/dimension space(whatever is confusing they don't say one way they say 8 ways to call it)exists outside dimensions or space-time(11 dimensional time according to writer nakashima)

And not to mention that love transcends space-time and dimensions (yes, the power of love, now I can apply that meme for real)

The “existing outside of the multiverse” thing isn’t anything notable without further context. Transcend can mean to be unbounded by something, needs more context like “transcends and exists in a higher reality than this universe” or something like that. Even Simon before fighting Antispiral integrated an 11 dimensional multiverse to himself. He wasn’t capable of matching Antispiral in the beginning but eventually caught up, and we all know you can’t get a higher dimensional tier by simply multiplying your power. That alone proves Antispiral is just High 1-C, he died against someone who integrated an 11 dimensional structure, who after, got a bit stronger

wait, wait, wait looks around and pulls out a gun, then shoots across the screen and across the web, this person's character leaves for at least a while and comes back with something else
in the official books it says ttgl does not exist in the physical universe, because it is a materialized thought, the physical universe refers to the entire cosmos (including time, which is 11 dimensions)

wait, wait, wait looks around and pulls out a gun, then shoots across the screen and across the web, this person's character leaves for at least a while and comes back with something else
in the official books it says ttgl does not exist in the physical universe, because it is a materialized thought, the physical universe refers to the entire cosmos (including time, which is 11 dimensions)
That’s because Antispiral’s universe is an abstract universe, even Lordgenome says so, because it has never been observed (until now). A materialized thought (abstract object) logically could exist in such a universe. Antispiral’s universe is separate from the multiverse, but it doesn’t mean it had a more complex structure

It may act separate, but it’s still just in between the membranes of the 10th and 11th dimensions. Antispiral’s universe doesn’t transcend the cosmology based off of its place in the story

the universe of anti spiral? if now I was referring to ttgl.
Furthermore, even if the world of anti spiral does not transcend the universe, anti spiral, ttgl and sttgl do.
since it was said again it was said that he transcends space-time.
in another it was said that ttgl had a power greater than space-time and dimensions.

by the way I'm still confused about the function of the mega what's-his-name of the super galaxy gurren lagann.
because in reality what was said was or is:
an attack that attacks any point in space-time including dimensions, through the fluctuation of probability and multidimensional srchodinger

what the hell is this?

You are telling me that even if you don't know the location of some hidden or unseen dimensions or universes, you can still attack those points.
I mean, it's as if there were a universe in the 23rd dimension and it could attack that universe(or at least that's what I interpreted)

Last edited:
Furthermore, even if the world of anti spiral does not transcend the universe, anti spiral, ttgl and sttgl do.
Yes it does. In the way TTGL uses it, his universe is free from the multiverse, so it also transcends, given that it’s existence is tied with Antispiral. Also, Team Dai-Gurren all transcend the universe too
in another it was said that ttgl had a power greater than space-time and dimensions.
That doesn’t answer to existence tho
by the way I'm still confused about the function of the mega what's-his-name of the super galaxy gurren lagann.
because in reality what was said was or is:
an attack that attacks any point in space-time including dimensions, through the fluctuation of probability and multidimensional srchodinger

what the hell is this?

You are telling me that even if you don't know the location of some hidden or unseen dimensions or universes, you can still attack those points.
I mean, it's as if there were a universe in the 23rd dimension and it could attack that universe(or at least that's what I interpreted)
Maybe it’s because of Lordgenome being aware of the dimensions? Idk, Lordgenome is super knowledgeable, he even knows about the Super Spiral Universe which he never been in before (to my knowledge). The Mega Vortex Maelstrom Cannon only reaches through 11 dimensions, let’s not bring other higher dimensions, they’re irrelevant

There's nothing indicating TTGL transcending the Multiverse or anything, he's just infinitely stronger than 11D, that's actually impressive.

still doesn't understand why ttgl itself shouldn't be 1-B low.
it is easy to understand, also how many feats are needed, that they have to say it in three books or three times in the same book

Transcending space time without further context doesn't mean much, since it doesn't indicate uncountable infinity difference. Breaking through universes to reach the Anti Spiral is only dimensional travel IIRC.

transcending time in itself is something important because time has 11 dimensions(or control all 11 dimensions)

transcending time in itself is something important because time has 11 dimensions(or control all 11 dimensions)
Except they were directly said to be fighting between the 10 and 11 dimensions in Super Spiral Space.

ok I'm a bit tired of your weird logic so I'll just do my thing takes out a gun and shoots at a wall and then leaves
btw i'll have to explain after the trigger-verse/multiverse when i have time

Then you should realize transcending time and space without further context wouldn't result anything, but do as you please.

Back