• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about soul and death manipulation

I've been wanting to ask: does killing ghosts/spirits count as soul manipulation? I looked at the page for soul manipulation and wanted to make sure because I thought it was a bit unclear whether killing of souls using, say, magic was NPI or straight soul manip.

And for my other: what does "dispersal of life force" mean here exactly? If we have a character who has been shown to drain a life force from another to the point where they die, or even be reduced to dust, would that be death manipulation? What about an artifact that passively absorbs the life force from a surrounding region causing all plant life to whither and die and nothing to grow as long as the artifact remains? Would that also be death hax?

Death Manipulation is the ability to directly induce death in beings, objects or even concepts via supernatural means. This can manifest as the inexplicable death of an individual, the direct cessation of biological functions, dispersal of life force and more

Destroying the soul with some kind of magic beam, would be NPI, while directly casting a spell that destroys the soul, would be Soul Manipulation.

As for your second question, I think it's referring to how Death Manipulation is perceived. In some media, a person hit with instant death will just drow to the ground, with their body ceasing all functions, while in others, their life force suddenly disappears seemingly without cause or reason.

I would imagine a guy ripping a ghost in half with their bare hand's wouldn't be soul hax.
I'm talking more about, like, directly attacking the soul of a living being of flesh and blood. Whether with physical or magical attacks.

Like throwing lightning at someone and destroying their soul.

Back