• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Sephiroth (Mostly about Supernova)

Currently trying to formulate a defense of Sephiroths Supernova. And while I know Supernova has stopped being used as a main scalining thing for Sephiroth as of now, but I was wondering if some people could help me.

Namely Can someone help me with the "they only tank a fraction of supernova." argument? And I appreciate anyone who can answer this question.

Well, if we talk about the International Version, the, um... "orange balloon" you see in the sequence is not the actual explosion of the Supernova, that's actually the Sun expanding until it reaches earth and the weird galaxy looking thing at the end of the sequence is the explosion. The Ultimania Omega actually explains that, that the Sun swells until it reaches the planet where the heroes are (emanating a heat strong enough to desintegrate Mercury and Venus, that's why those two are destroyed) and then the explosion occures. Details here. (scroll down for the translation on the international version)

If we talk about the Original Japanese Version, the explosion simply occurs in a black spot in the Solar System, but it's not clear if the party is on the Earth of it and Sephiroth in the Sun, as none of them are visible, so we assume they didn't change positions and Sephiroth caused the explosion right there with the party in front of him.

I am talking about the international version, So huh... I guess you could argue they where at the center of the detonation then since the sun expanded around them.

Well, most people think the Supernova is the orange balloon itself which expands and finishes when it reaches Earth. If that was the case, yeah they would be receiving a small part of the explosion coming from all the way where the sun originally was. But since it turns out that's the sun swelling up before exploding it actually at the very least explodes right in their faces or most likely engulfs them and then explodes with them inside.

This isn't something I made up or guessing, btw, as I mentioned, the Ultimania Omega pretty much describes this is what happens.

Back