• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about eclipse calcs

Knowing the time frame of the feat, how do I calculate the energy expending in manually causing a lunar eclipse? The celestial bodies in question are just our irl sun, Earth, and moon.

obviously depends on context of the feat but why not just calc the KE of the moon moving at whatever speed it did

if the sun is being moved and the movement is fast enough to be noticeable then its probably moving at FTL speed right

if the sun is being moved and the movement is fast enough to be noticeable then its probably moving at FTL speed right
Pretty sure the sun being moved is never used as an assumption except in wank calcs. Plus, I'm referring to a lunar eclipse, which is where the moon moves into the Earth's shadow and turns ruddy/red in shade, not a solar eclipse where moon moves in front of the sun

Pretty sure the sun being moved is never used as an assumption except in wank calcs. Plus, I'm referring to a lunar eclipse, which is where the moon moves into the Earth's shadow and turns ruddy/red in shade, not a solar eclipse where moon moves in front of the sun
nvm then i just assumed that this
The celestial bodies in question are just our irl sun, Earth, and moon.
meant the sun was also being moved

if its only the moon then its just a basic KE calc, figure out the speed the moons being moved at and then put that and the mass of the moon into a KE calculator

Back