• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about acausality

I don't exact understand how acausality works. From the sound of it, it is just that you are immune to causality manipulation. However, in many thread acausality is held as an extremely powerful immunity. So what else does causality manipulation grant you immunity to? How would you defeat an acausal?

Acausality means you're immune to the laws of cause and effect. As a result, if you were to somehow be hurt, the effect would not carry out as you're separated from the cause.

For example, if someone went back in time and killed you in the past, you would still be fine in the future due to being acausal (since the temporal paradox would no longer work as you're no longer affected by the "cause" of certain actions). Similarly, if someone killed you in the present, you would still be alive in the immediate future since the event that caused you to die/take damage (the cause) has no effect on you in the future.

What? How do you defeat an acausal then? Since if you destroy them then they still will technical exist.

@Reppuzan: Though for what is probably a majority of acausality users this is never mentioned or demonstrated. Most characters that have it, have it for not dying through time travel paradoxes or similar, I think.

In my expierience more often than not it really just is causality manipulation resistance or resistance to dying from being killed in the past.

Essentially more rejecting changes to the natural cause-effect relations, than being truly independent of them.

I think it isn't rare that a user can still be killed normally as long as the attack is nothing that screws with the natural causality.

High-level reality warping or conceptual manipulation usually does the trick, and BFR is usually an option as well.

Agree with DT. Acausality is almost never portrayed that way. It's more often than not immunity to time stuff. I legit can't think of any examples that use acausality in an "immune to change" thing (Except maybe Kaguya Touhou).

@Saikou

Fair enough. I guess I was extrapolating too much. However, that's the way it's been used in most threads, particularly Saint Seiya and Tiamat threads (though this would apply to her anyway since she's omnipresent throughout time and space).

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Agree with DT. Acausality is almost never portrayed that way. It's more often than not immunity to time stuff. I legit can't think of any examples that use acausality in an "immune to change" thing (Except maybe Kaguya Touhou).
682, immune to having his history rewritten or destroyed

Yeah but that doesn't make 682 immune to damage, unless you interpret the thing's Regenerationn and immortality as that.

So that technically means that an acasual will always at least stalmate against anyone without high-level relality warping or conceptual manipulation? Sounds pretty op.

@DontTalk Some characters like Moon=millenniumon are acausal because they are born before their predecessors. How is that acausality?

Also, why would characters be acausal instead of having causality manipulation resistance like character such as alphamon?

@Hobonger

By existing before you were born, that's obviously outside of the natural flow of cause and effect, thus making him acausal.

I felt a great disturbance in the force...

Saikou must have agreed with something I said...

More examples: The Aburatori (though he has a main body) and I believe The Shrike has that more op kind of acausality.

Back