• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

qualitative superiority & reality-fiction

Hello everyone!

Disclaimer: I don't have intentions of this being a CRT or anything

Let's begin
qualitative superiority over any quantity based structure is baseline 1-A aka baseline outerversal.
this can be achieved via true Reality-fiction transcendence and etc

but I have two problems about it.

1) Qualitative Superiority
let us imagine structure A, 5 layers into outerversal.
now structure B, baseline outerversal and finally structure C, high outerversal.

Structure A transcends Structure B. but how?
what I mean by "how", what kinda transcendence A has over B. we have two options.
1) Quantitative
2) Qualitative
we can cross option No.1 as ultima has already answered it for me.
so we are left with option No.2 but there is a problem.
this is how Qualitative Superiority is described:
"They are fundamentally different from the nature of the lower reality, and this different nature is precisely the source of their superiority over it."
focus on the fundamental. this means structure A is fundamentally different and superior to B. but do you know what else is?
Meta Qualitative Superiority.

Let's take a look at High Outerversal and Outerversal+ now:
"If there is a hierarchy of 1-A layers, each of which operates within the same framework, with the same "algorithm" dictating the difference between them, a High 1-A character would transcend the framework entirely, and instead operate on a different, higher hierarchy, governed by another, likewise higher algorithm."

This feels completely contradictory. Have can we have a hierarchy of 1-A structures with same fundamentals if each layer is superior to the previous by quality?
This goes against to what qualitative superiority is defined as.
By definition, anything superior to baseline 1-A automatically should be placed at High 1-A.
Remember my examples? Structure A should also be High 1-A (probably higher than structure C) as it should be fundamentally different to structure B.

2) Reality-Fiction transcendence
This will be short, viewing any 1-A structure as fiction and having superiority over that, should be High 1-A

Final Say : probably it is me that misunderstood the new tier system and how quality works, but I wanna clear my misunderstandings and see if R-F transcendence to 1-A structures would be High 1-A & how Qualitative Superiority works for a hierarchy of 1-A structures.

With all thanks and respect

This feels completely contradictory. Have can we have a hierarchy of 1-A structures with same fundamentals if each layer is superior to the previous by quality?
The "algorithm/framework" of a 1A hyerarchy is a succession of R>f where each one is fundamentaly different.
So don't misunderstand the word "same"
If there is a hierarchy of 1-A layers, each of which operates within the same framework
Same framework = each layer fundamentally and qualitatively superior to the prior.

While a H1A character will see a 1A+ hyerarchy like this:
R/f = R/f = R/f = R/f
H1A completely surpass the "fundamental/qualitative difference" between any possible 1A layers.

The "algorithm/framework" of a 1A hyerarchy is a succession of R>f where each one is fundamentaly different.
So don't misunderstand the word "same"
That is what I'm saying. They are fundamentally different so each layer should have a different algorithm as a whole.
Same framework = each layer fundamentally and qualitatively superior to the prior.
each layer in a outerversal+?
then yeah obviously.
While a H1A character will see a 1A+ hyerarchy like this:
R/f = R/f = R/f = R/f
what? This doesn't make sense what do you mean by R/F = R/F???
H1A completely surpass the "fundamental/qualitative difference" between any possible 1A layers.
Well that's my problem here. by this definition each layer should have same level of Superiority to the previous layers. any and all forms of mathematical difference and combination of the lower layers cannot every each the higher layer thus higher layer being fundamentally different.
Logically the algorithm in question and the quality also should be.
Also I'm not sure but I think I saw ultima state something like "R>F to 1-A is high 1-A" but il not sure and cannot tag him.

That is what I'm saying. They are fundamentally different so each layer should have a different algorithm as a whole.
The "algorithm" is a thing common to the entire hyeraechy and it is this:
"Each layer has a R>f towards a lower layer (and so it's fundamentally different from it)"
The fundamental difference is something unique to each layer.

R/F = R/F
Maybe is better saying it like this?
f = R¹ = R² = R³
Anyway, what i'm trying to say is that a H1A sees as fiction all possible 1A layers.
1A 1 layer is fundamentally different and qualitatively superior to 1A 0 layer.
H1A is fundamentally different and qualitatively superior to any possible 1A and to the distinction between all 1A (basically for an H1A the R>f layers of an 1A hyerarchy are all the same, it doesn't metter how many there are, tbey will never reach H1A... so it's kinda like: H1A sees qualitative superiority in the same way 1A sees quantitative superiority)
Also I'm not sure but I think I saw ultima state something like "R>F to 1-A is high 1-A" but il not sure and cannot tag him.
He never sayd this, i'm quite sure
Well that's my problem here. by this definition each layer should have same level of Superiority to the previous layers.
Yeah, each layer sees as fiction the lower one
any and all forms of mathematical difference and combination of the lower layers cannot every each the higher layer
True
Logically the algorithm in question and the quality also should be.
The "algorithm" is just the succession of qualitative superiorities. Between each layer there is the same difference and that difference is a qualitative one.
Between L2C and H1B the algorithm is the succession of D the difference between each D is the same, "uncontable infinite...", now, for a 1A hyerarchy you just need to change this mathematic thing with a qualitative superiority.

Back