• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Provocative images (and profile pictures.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's about time this thread was made since in hindsight this topic is pretty disturbing to be completely honest. We really shouldn't be allowing the usage of lewd, suggestive or sexualized profile pictures and by extension threads pertaining to such topics.(Such as creating threads such as the "Top waifu threads." which are often full of highly provocative and sexually suggestive images of anime characters.)

The reason is quite simple, the large majority of this wiki is made up by minors who quite frankly have no business in viewing that type of content. It's pretty odd to me that we don't have any rules or implementations regarding this despite of important it is. Under no circumstances should minors of any age be exposed to essentially what his inappropriate context in the form of well, anime characters with their **** and such damn near exposed and flopping out.

Example that come to mind are that of anime characters (regardless of age.) being blatantly sexualized (I.E great amount of detail to obvious specific area's such as thighs, breast, rear, etc, I'd also include things such as ahegao which are pretty obvious in what they're trying to convey.) I obviously won't be posting pictures to use as examples as that would be counter intuitive to my point here.

This site is full of users who are underage, we should be actively making sure they aren't exposed to sensitive and suggestive images or content. Whenever you have profile pictures of "lewd." or "soft-core" images you are indirectly forcing users who could be minors to view said material. Outside of that it is genuinely uncomfortable and awkward for lots of other users to see that type of content on a wiki meant for indexing, personally speaking I really would rather not see these types of images while talking to someone here.

That being said there should definitely be some type of SFW profile picture rule, and if one already exists it should be stricter.

the thing is i actually like sexy anime girls profile pictures, so yeah for me it's absolutely fine. Not sure for the others tho.
News flash, most men do. That doesn't change the fact that it's still being exposed to those who shouldn't be seeing it in the first place.

As long as the images do not violate Fandom's official rules, or our own rules that were instituted in close collaboration with the official Fandom staff member in charge of such issues, I do not think that this should be a problem.

Also, the vast amount of our members are in their late teens to twenties. Seeing a drawn image of an adult woman in a bikini should hardly be something that should be outlawed or offensive to almost any of them, and forbidding such content would only serve to make this community a considerably more constrained and unfun place to visit.

News flash, most men do. That doesn't change the fact that it's still being exposed to those who shouldn't be seeing it in the first place.
well yeah, perhaps there is show/hide pictures features like twitter and facebook in this wiki ?

If we compare vswiki to other social media like twitter and facebook all anime sexual pics in this wiki is actually very tame

Most of the pictures are PG 13, I have not seen anyone that is using higher or that provocative that should not be seen by 13+ members and the I think this wiki is PG 13 iirc
Also, if someone posts such pictures that you are describing they are usually deleted and the user banned.
Or if you have such such profile pictures and provocative images post it here or link the profiles here, it is not counter-intuitive at all, as I am not really seeing it.
The only person that comes to mind is AKM and his signature is actually PG 13 and not something this kids don't see on daily basis even in their PG 13 cartoons

Last edited:
Well, if we discover such images, we initially tell the member in question to change them, unless they are very extreme. We try to not be too trigger-happy, in case it is just an easily rectified mistake.

Also, are you even serious about this thread, or is it an attempt to play psychological games to undermine our community further from within, in order to take advantage of other recent controversial events?
Ant half the time you talk it genuinely brings me to the verge of having an aneurysm. You really need to quit this "Are you trying to destabilize the wiki" followed by "I'm sorry, my sense of judgement isn't the best." shit of your's, it's getting old and tiring at this point.

I'm not even sure what "controversial" events your even referring to here, your paranoia is yet again getting the better of you.

Anyway I'll reply to the rest whenever I wake up, for now I am going to bed.

I'm really not comfortable with restricting this unless there are actually explicit images here.

The only person that comes to mind is AKM and his signature is actually PG 13 and not something this kids don't see on daily basis even in their PG 13 cartoons
A bikini that exposes the vast majority of the body in a suggestive way is no "PG-13." in any sense nor are things like Ahegao PG-13. Anyway I'll provide more examples once I wake up.

I don't think that bikini pictures of fictional characters are so provocative that we need to censor them to protect some users sensibilities.
This take i'm fine with, however i must disagree with your little comparison.
That's like trying to ban children from the beach because they might see half-naked people there.
Big difference, the difference is the intent there. A drawn picture of an anime character wearing a bikini that's clearly too small to draw attention to their breasts is a lot different than children going to the beach.

Still ban them from beaches anyway, kids are the ******* worst.

Also, are you even serious about this thread, or is it an attempt to play psychological games to undermine our community further from within, in order to take advantage of other recent controversial events?
Probably could have gone without saying this, you should try affording the benefit of the doubt to Gin.

I'll give a response once I return from work.

I agree with Damage. Our wiki is already strict enough as it is. Unless Fandom itself increases their rules to turn even stricter in this regard, we do not need to do anything here.

Also, I still think that pushing for this kind of change seems out of character for the member in question, who also gave a thumbs up to Amelia's thread if I remember correctly, so despite his denials he very likely knows about some of our recent controversies, and given that this topic is suspiciously stupid, draconian, and well-timed in this regard in combination, well sure, I have a tendency for paranoia, but that paranoia stems from having a high level of pattern recognition.

Probably could have gone without saying this, you should try affording the benefit of the doubt to Gin.

I'll give a response once I return from work.
Okay. I will shut up then. I still think that this seems very suspicious though.

How is Majima wearing a dress and a wig provocative? I think there's a misunderstanding here.

What I'm suggesting is restricting things that are overly provocative in nature such as Ahegao's, bikini pictures that are drawn in a certain way (Again, small ones that don't leave much to the mind or spillage.), etc.

Okay. I will shut up then. I still think that this seems very suspicious though.
You think everything is suspicious and to be frank Ant, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I could care less about your views on me or your suspicions. Get back to the topic at hand and stop gaslighting here with irrelevant comments.

Also me liking a post of someone who's leaving is meaningless, not even sure what's the correlation between me liking a post and whatever conspiracy you've crafted for yourself in your mind have to do with one another. Enough of you acting intentionally antagonistic, it's derailing and incredibly disrespectful.

How is Majima wearing a dress and a wig provocative? I think there's a misunderstanding here.
Cross-dressing. Not something people take too kindly about if they aren't ingrained with Yakuza or the memes as much.

What I'm suggesting is restricting things that are overly provocative in nature such as Ahegao's, bikini pictures that are drawn in a certain way (Again, small ones that don't leave much to the mind or spillage.), etc.
The second part: "bikini pictures that are drawn in a certain way" is way too ******* subjective for my taste.

Please read the regulation links that I provided above. We already have rather strict regulations in this regard, and if somebody uses images of drawn 14-year old children in bikinis and suggestive poses, we should systematically simply tell them to change the images to something else instead.

Cross-dressing. Not something people take too kindly about if they aren't ingrained with Yakuza or the memes as much.
That's not provocative or suggestive at all, that's another topic all together, one of which I'm not comfortable with discussing so let's skip that.
The second part: "bikini pictures that are drawn in a certain way" is way too ******* subjective for my taste.
Elaborate further if possible.

I disagree, unless the characters are straight up naked or the image is related to ****, there's no reason to ban such pictures.

We aren't a convent of nuns, and surely the VSBW forum (because remember that we have a wiki with such images) won't be the place to corrupt the poor minds of them children, who surely have already been exposed, voluntarily or not, to such content, which isn't anything terrible at the end of the day.

I disagree, unless the characters are straight up naked or the image is related to ****, there's no reason to ban such pictures.

We aren't a convent of nuns, and surely the VSBW forum (because remember that we have a wiki with such images) won't be the place to corrupt the poor minds of them children, who surely have already been exposed, voluntarily or not, to such content, which isn't anything terrible at the end of the day.

Well said. We should only go out of our way to restrict actually explicit images, otherwise we come across as puritans.

EDIT: Trying out my new profile pic while I still can if somehow this thread should go the other way.

A bikini that exposes the vast majority of the body in a suggestive way is no "PG-13." in any sense nor are things like Ahegao PG-13. Anyway I'll provide more examples once I wake up.
This is the MPAA rating system
  • 3. Parents strongly cautioned (PG-13): Some of the material may be inappropriate for children under thirteen years of age and parents should be cautious. Movies with a PG-13 rating may include content like strong language, violence, some brief nudity or sexual content, and drug use.
  • 4. Restricted (R): A rated-R movie contains adult material for mature audiences. Viewers seventeen years of age and younger may be required by theaters to be accompanied by an adult guardian. Movies with an R rating may include content like graphic sex scenes, intense violence, or strong profanity.

• 5. Adults only (NC-17): Previously known as the X rating, a movie with an NC-17 rating will have strong sexual and violent content. Theaters may refuse to admit viewers seventeen years old and under, even if they are accompanied by an adult.

anything above PG 13 is R rated, meaning there can be intense violence, sex scenes(not any but rather graphic sex scenes, I am sure you know what that means) and also strong cuss words.
So tell me how those images are below PG 13?
As far as the wiki goes anything R rated is allowed, and even the extreme of those R rated contents are usually censored or ends up in the RvR where they will later be deleted

That's not provocative or suggestive at all, that's another topic all together, one of which I'm not comfortable with discussing so let's skip that.

Elaborate further if possible.
I don't think I have to, not sure anyone can (Unless they're too conservative), since it's subjective to begin with.

Anyway, hard disagree with OP.

As far as the wiki goes anything R rated is allowed, and even the extreme of those R rated contents are usually censored or ends up in the RvR where they will later be deleted
No, we have considerably stricter standards than that. Please see here:

MPAA is not applicable to images, that's only applicable to films as the name would suggest. Yet again, very different than the topic at hand which is drawn content. Also that's a system that's only applicable to movies made in America.

I do however understand your point. Anyway with the link Ant provided for the wiki itself is sufficient enough.

Remove everything after .PNG to see those images. I'll save you the trouble, though, it's just the fact that Final Form Frieza doesn't wear clothes.

I'd honestly like to know as well, because I wanted to make a profile and was concerned that Fandom would see this image as something other than a fully clothed person (she's wearing a leotard with a shirt over it).

Anyway, you really have to give at least some kind of example to illustrate your point. Do you mean something like post-timeskip Nami? Or like half of the characters from Fairy Tail?

Can delete this if you want, but just want to say, people in bikinis are not uncommon in PG-13 movies, shows, etc settings - they have tons of them. And usually by movie rating guidelines, bikinis aren't inherently sexual enough to be for people over 15 or 18 or whatever. Heck, even comics and mangas aimed at 13 years olds - and probably a bit below - have stuff that are far worse than bikinis and whatnot. One piece characters, fairy tail character designs, superhero designs, and so on and so on.

I do however understand your point. Anyway with the link Ant provided for the wiki itself is sufficient enough.
Hmm. Given that you were reasonable here in accepting our current already rather strict regulations, I suppose that I likely overreacted then. I thought that you wanted us to ban all images of adult women that wear bikinis or even show their legs, and possibly ban the members who use them as well.

My apologies about that then. There has been a lot of stress here lately, and I am going on vacation very soon as well, so I don't want any leftover controversies in the meantime.

No, we have considerably stricter standards than that. Please see here:
by the way, i have some little confusion regarding level 3 and level 4, but i will not ask in this thread instead i will ask in "question and answers" section. Also i will provided some examples in there.

I hope staff can check my thread in that section later.

Hmm. Given that you were reasonable here in accepting our current already rather strict regulations, I suppose that I likely overreacted then. I thought that you wanted us to ban all images of adult women that wear bikinis or even show their legs, and possibly ban the members who use them as well.
Oh no no no, nothing like that. Now that would be extremist behavior, my train of thought was more along the lines of thinking no such security system existed or not, till this point I was unaware of the regulations that were implemented.
My apologies about that then. There has been a lot of stress here lately.
Tis fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back