• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, Alex Mercer and possibly other characters from Prototype have Biological Manipulation but in the description it says they have control over the virus down to a molecular level but, what proof is there for this?

You know, I was going to save all the scans I’ve seen and collected for a Prototype CRT in probably a few months, but I guess I can show some scans that explicitly states molecular level scale:

For Biological Manipulation, as of [PROTOTYPE 2], anything the Blacklight Virus has infected allows Mercer to control all traces of the target in existence right down to the molecular level, such as what happened to Whitelight, with the Blacklight Virus within Mercer’s blood infecting it. This means that its infection is molecular level, as it granted Mercer the ability to manipulate all molecules of the infected targets. Naturally, since Alex Mercer is the Blacklight Virus, is able to control Blacklight Infected with the Hive Mind and has demonstrated the ability to manipulate infected targets with the Blacklight Virus, this Molecular-level precision would naturally also apply to the manipulation of the virus itself as well.

In fact, even as far back as the first [PROTOTYPE] game, the Blacklight Virus’ ability to tamper the biology and molecules of its targets is such that it even allows Alex Mercer to reconfigure the molecular structure of his own body to become something else (as explained by the developer notes within the Prima Guide of [PROTOTYPE], which are the basis for his Offensive Powers existing such as his Claws), which not only applies to his Biological Manipulation, but it also applies to his Shapshifting and Body Control. Keep in mind, as the mechanics of the Blacklight Virus operates by literally altering the genetic and molecular structure of its targets, such as when ordinary people are converted into superhuman infected or every time Mercer shapeshifts, this Molecular-level tampering scales to both his Biological Manipulation and his Shapeshifting or Body Control. I think those are sufficient enough proof for Molecular-level scaling.

However, only Alex Mercer has showcased such control over the Blacklight Virus at vast distances, so only Alex Mercer and Mercer-Absorbed James Heller scales to this in terms of hax that circumvents conventional durability and defences in a Versus context.

Last edited:
The first 2 links don't work btw
Bruh. XD

I'm going to try that again then:

"anything the Blacklight Virus has infected allows Mercer to control all traces of the target in existence right down to the molecular level, such as what happened to Whitelight, with the Blacklight Virus within Mercer’s blood infecting it. This means that its infection is molecular level, as it granted Mercer the ability to manipulate all molecules of the infected targets. Naturally, since Alex Mercer is the Blacklight Virus, is able to control Blacklight Infected with the Hive Mind and has demonstrated the ability to manipulate infected targets with the Blacklight Virus, this Molecular-level precision would naturally also apply to the manipulation of the virus itself as well."

Hopefully, these first two links work now.

So yeah, Molecular-level manipulation at vast distances only scales to Alex Mercer and Mercer-Absorbed James Heller (Note: The keys of James Heller before Absorbing Mercer doesn't apply). Every other Blacklight character only has Molecular-level Shapeshifting/Body Control, without the combat applicable hax that Mercer scales to.

Last edited:
Back