• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Feats Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, you said something about Kessler's movement looking very blurry. What do you call that? Is it just called a blur or something that's starts with a 'p'.

@CoreOfimBalance(COB)

The cutscene didn't suggest any timelapse between the last scene before the detonation. In fact, it clearly suggests the contrary. So, if he took it from that distance and barely survived it, his durability is at best city level at the end of the first game. If he would have tanked it while remaining completely unscathed, it would be at least city level. There's a difference. And since he is much more powerful on the second game, i would say that his current level is unclear.

In the fight with James, he was defeated by being consumed, and to do that, James had to slow his Regenerationn rate by decapitating his shapeshifted arms, which made he lose massive amounts of biomass. If he kept stabbing or decapitating him he would just be unable to regenerate temporarily. Alex can't be killed by physical attacks.

About the water, it was an example to explain why Alex can't run out of biomass. He is made of it, running out of biomass is the equivalent of disappearing. Sorry if i couldn't make it coherent enough.

His Regenerationn is cell replication. And indeed, it requires time, but we should keep in mind, that he is a virus genetically enhanced. It reproduces at a faster pace if there is enough biomass. In other words, the more biomass Alex stores in his body, the faster his Regenerationn is. It works the other way around, though. The less he has, slower it is.

@asdtgh I don't recall actually. Phasing? No. Probably not. Wonder what I said

Anyway for the link issue I have no idea. Have you tried selecting the word and then clicking the link button below? Right beside the italics, it should be there.

Well aside from the visual effect in the game that could just be the air pressure and might not even be on that level, I haven't seen any cutscenes showing sonic booms. You mind if you link me to some videos?

@AHNIJC Very arguable considering that cutscenes don't always show the accurate time frame. They could've always skipped over the ticking itself but either way, yes, Alex did survive it. But if that was the case why was he afraid and caused James to take out the nuclear/thermobaric bombers on that one mission? It almost seems as if the Evolved and him aren't city level.... Sides if you run out of time the nuke detonates and it's a game over for you. The Supreme Hunter claims it won't be enough to kill him, but that would just mean that after defeating it Alex consumed his biomass and had enough biomass to survive the nuke, yet he still almost died on that regard. Alex might be stronger or durable, but the exact level on how he much he did is unclear. So we can't just say he's on a definite level.

Ah makes much more sense. It's alright I understand now. But there could always be a limit to the amount of meiosis (or was it mitosis?) and cell division that he could perform. We can't be absolute about things like that, but he is very very hard to kill. But if that was the case why were Super Soldiers threats to Alex if he could just regenerate endlessly?

That's true, the more biomass he has the faster it goes, but there's a high possibility of him also losing biomass by doing so. After all that's how he fights. Using biological processes to enhance his self-recovery, forcing cell division and thus regenerating. Or maybe that's how the critical mass goes. Gah, bad explaination by me. In any case, it's not as if Alex is always regenerating and constantly growing bigger and stronger so I doubt it's as you say. Otherwise Alex would've been strong enough to bust countries already.

I always thought of his health bar as the amount of biomass he could regenerate before he stops regenerating.

Ok then. Can any of the owners of the VS Battle wiki help me on this? Can I just type at least super sonic?

I have not followed the above thread, as I am not the slightest bit familiar with the franchise. Can somebody summarise what you have agreed about?

Well, COB said that Alex is at least super sonic but, without any proof of so. I have brought two links that proves him being far above that or at least far above transonic.

12:47-12:51 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NWXXgSB2KRM&feature=youtu.be

The scientist dude made a sonic boom when he entered the lair in the sewers.

Or, if that's not good of a feat. I can try this.

https://youtu.be/Q3u1dIPxWdo

In 1:11-1:14, Heller jumped to the top of the satelite tower so fast, a piercing sound is made which sounds like a jet. Even though some jets are not mach speed, in 1:24-1:27, Heller, at least, jumped to the lowest level of clouds in just one second.

The height of such low level clouds is said to be 2 km. That's 2000 m. Yes, he was on a building and a satelite tower, let's try dividing the distance by 2 and removing the distance of the structure he stood. Let's say that he was standing on 200 m.

That would still be 800 m and with just one second. He's still super sonic.

So, can Alex be at the very least supersonic?

I suppose that this seems reasonable, but it would be much better if you had a calculation blog for your last feat, so we have some evidence to link to.

I am not good at that. To be real homest, VS Battle wiki is literally the second website I sign in and I don't know how to do a little blog. I'll find a way to do the blog thing later.

DontTalk's not really responding, Antvasima. Do I still wait for him or you just give me permission to change the speed. I mean, I talk with every other calc members and some of them agreed for at least supersonic.

It's not really legit-looking tbh. Well on the account of scaling them off of that guy who 'dives' into the ground considering he was moving way too slow. And the cloud issue is still there. Needs something more concrete than that imo

Ok, how about when James was diving down with his arms and legs locked. Isn't that suppose to make him go down faster?

Plus, it's a cinematic. Even TF2 has its own 'Meet The' trailers that seems like cinematic and are canon

We can't be sure really on that feat. The timeframe is as it was said before unclear.

And a "Meet the character" is different from promotional trailers. Both can have canon feats but the former is more believable.

And yeah Donttalk is busy lately. But hey I say why not, so go ahead. It still is wonky though.

I do not know. I am not informed about Prototype, and do not have the time to check through this entire thread.

I doubt prototype(and 2) was made with any real accuracy. It's your typical Beat em up game. Clouds especially are just made as background scenery doubt you could scale off of them.

I have started to browse through this topic, and it seems inconclusive. It may be best to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back