• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Feats Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to what I want ot discuss about Prototype.

A nuke is a nuke no matter what right. It's town to city level typically in scale.

However Alex Mercer had just killed the Supreme Hunter, nearly got away on the helicopter. Take in the part that the nuke was dropped underwater, though that won't really lower the heat output or shockwave even if someone were to do the math so that's not really relevant. No evidence shows of the blast actually reaching Manhattan and there's the fact that Alex Mercer turned into a goop. I remember discussing with someone here about his bones and how it conflicts with what we're talking about. But that would just mean his primary form is a goop, and that his actual body once he's on a capable state resembles a human body internally.

There's also City Level Alex in Prototype 2 at his fullest potential. But considering how he needed a couple of Special Infected and having biomass to kill all infected in a city doesn't necessarily mean it's a DC feat. Range =/= Dc after all. Add in the fact that James could've used a good chunk of his biomass to do so too. So isn't it likelier for James + Alex + Special Infected to be City?

On the other hand we can also argue that Alex lost the Special Infected Biomass throughout the fight, and ran out of biomass near the end. Highly likely considering he lost the visual traits. That would mean his total biomass output is enough to still cover the city streets in range, but that's if we also don't add in James' biomass on that ultimate devastator.

TLDR

Nuke feat means Alex is not > City in the first game

Alex either has enough biomass to cover city streets but may not be able to regenerate limitlessly if he's being damaged constantly. The time frame/cooldown for this ability shouldn't be too short either.

It's possible that he also used the Special Infected's Biomass on the feat above alongside James

Also, to anyone who has a good source video, show the feat of the Infectonator Cloud feat by Alex? I rented the game but never brought the Prototype 2 game. I'm sure there were more feats I want to discuss but I'm probably forgetting them.

And your point being? It specifically said about the underwater nuke being town level. Alex couldn't even get out of point-blank range with a slow vehicle that moves 81.6 m/s while the range is at least the size of Manhattan since Blackwatch plan to kill the Infected entirely, meaning destroying all of Manhattan. But, that doesn't matter. Besides, City level Alex is prototype 2, not prototype 1. You happy?

This 'special infected' is the ones that Alex created, grew and consumed before the final boss. Plus, Alex and James fought one another before James killed all the infected. How about them both losing biomass and Heller came victorious with a decreased percentage of his biomass and Alex's decreased biomass? It's like Heller being 1 and Alex being, I don't know, 1.5. Both lose their number to 0.5 and 0.75 respectively. James take Alex's number into 1.25. James does his thing.

If you're referring to Goliaths, Brawlers, Flyers, Evolved, Hydras or other kinds, Alex possibly did consumed yet, he still have their biomass before the final fight.

I don't know about Alex's body structure so whatever. And, I don't know what you're doing. Are you trying to lower Alex's tier to make sure Cole wins always or something?

And that's what I'm reaffirming.

Possible but then one can also say that one of them never lost biomass throughout the fight. Of course that's depending on how much biomass they actually lose. Of course like I said before, covering the streets with biomass is not really automatic City Level DC.

What I'm trying to say is it's either

Their total Biomass are City Level combined and they regenerate really well and that Alex only lost because James was too fast for him.

Or

Their natural biomass count separately should be enough to cover a city but then they wouldn't be capable of regenerating constantly, especially in a fight.

Special Infected I'm referring to are Evolved.

I don't want to get started on this debate again since you know my thoughts on that. But look, Alex basically has a brain in that mind of his. And has some form of skeleton. Of course damaging that won't really do much considering you'll have to delimb him to even slow him down. Considering how he got choked by the Supreme Hunter as Cross, it supports the theory. Basically, showing weaknesses

Oh and that fuel air tanking you were so proud of? It was a bunch of fuel tanks. Not fuel air bombs. I replayed the mission. No mini-nuke tanking

I never said about mini-nuke air tanking and I have no idea what that means. But, think about this, Alex was caught off guard by Cross who grabbed hold of his neck before changing.

So, what do you mean by air-fuel tanking? Also, I never said anything about tanking the nuke. I agree he barely survived the nuke but, he still survived?

True, but then he wouldn't necessarily have to breathe, or he'll realize he doesn't need to breathe when he's grappled. Then again one can argue that it's because he still thinks he's human. But we can counter that by him reeling in pain too once he was dropped. Well either way it's a maybe

No I'm referring to the one feat where we discussed the thermobaric fuel or something in the early game. You know when he had to lead the Hunters to a base and cause it to explode?

Wtf?!? I never felt proud of the leading of Hunters thing. Besides, there are other feats of durability and Alex is possibly a hundred human biomass away from his prime. I think you're talking about someone else. If so, it's sad that you mistook me for someone that wasn't the 'jerk' who kept constant with the cole v Alex fight.

Also, the first possible option of the final fight and city level thing shouldn't be possible. Alex demonstrated countless of times of being faster than Heller. He flash steps, his reflexes and Whipfist is capable of catching Heller everytime he tries to run and the reason for Heller to win is to use his vastly more superior reaction speed and quick shifting of his biomass shields to stop Alex's blows or dodge them like DMC Dante and his supersonic reaction speed to DMC Vergil's supersonic speed.

The other possible reason as to why Heller won is because of the power of love and hope of his daughter. 'I can start a war or end one. I can give you the strength of heroes or leave you powerless. I might be snared with a glance but, no force can compel me to say.'

And also 'Hatred is a strong motivator'. Heller is also angry and would be more offensive and also possibly more defensive. That's all I could think of about the battle.

So, I don't see the point of you bringing in him being human form. Like how he needs to breathe and he did with the Bloodtox. However, it's possible he can't be really that similar to a human body since his psychology or whatever is only making him lock in place with the electricity in his body. It's also possible that he can somehow use his own negative or positive charges to discharge the electrcity so that he can keep on fighting.

Really? Could've sworn it was you. It was a pretty big topic on the Alex vs Cole thread, but anyway nevermind that. If it's not you it's not you.

Wouldn't rage and willpower give way to stat boost in the case of James? And I wouldn't really call it flash step on the literal sense. But yeah he does shows bursts of speeds. But then again James was able to strike at him from behind. You said so himself right? That James fighting him directly would've caused his loss? That said I already argued my case on "Which one of them has bette reactions/intelligence/startegizing power,"

Otherwise yeah I see your point. It's a really weird thing.

He takes damage from it though, and from the way he jumps into the water and gets submerged, he's not dying. But he's certainly uncomfortable there, so that might be the virus needing oxygen to thrive? I think? Maybe. And that's now how biomass manipulation works. It takes more than just biomass to do what the last part is.

Well, due to PIS, I think it should be the case of how James should have beaten Alex and besides. Somehow he got stunned by doing his own Blade and Hammerfists attacks. If it weren't for Amaya to be in his mind and Alex seemingly testing Heller out because of this quote he said in another timeline where James dies, "Hmm...Seems I have made a mistake.", Heller would win while Alex still hasn't used his other powers. Like I said, previously, he has 'Plans within plans'. I was hoping you would realise where the quotes I brought out in my earlier comment from.

I really don't remember boasting about Alex tanking the air tanks thing but, hey, he doesn't seem too affected by the destruction of that entire base. At the very least survive it with 50% of his health.

Hey, everyone needs oxygen to go on and really, we all knew about the breathing and other things. So, why are you pointing out him having a human form again? Even Cole has a human body and he's able to have bones and he cannot die from dropping off the building. Even so, Alex cannot die from his brain unlike Wolverine since he became goop. No means to bring Wolverine here. Go to the other thread if so.

Then what? How come Cross didn't zap Alex forever? I may have said this before but, I didn't bother to read everything you just said since you spam a ton. Sorry. However, even if it's not biomass manipulation, it can possibly be because of another power that he has instead of using his biomass. He possibly could have an adaptability that he has to the electricity left in his body. Not saying that he can adapt to the electric current that is current-ly(get it?) shocked into but, the ones that was still left inside him. Also, you meant by "that's not how"?

And, it's good that you're not trying to bring Alex down to a level Cole can stomp. Otherwise, I would redo the rematch again, if that's what you're planning for.

Another timeline? You lost me there.

I would be more generous than that in all honesty. Then agian he could've gotten away too. Who knows. Either way, what I want to get rid of? Is the feat "Tanks Thermobaric shells and Fuel Air Bomb explosions with no damage" and the overly long description of the tanking the nuke. Because nukes are nukes no matter what. Do we have to put that detail on every nuke survival feat out there?

Even Alex? I never really thought of it that way huh.

I always thought it was some sort of electromagnetism ability or something like that. I thought of him basically falling off and breaking his bones everytime only to have them regenerated, but that's just weird. But yeah even if you stab him in the brain I think that'll slow him down. And don't worry I don't care about that clawer. Anyway my point is that his web of intrigue being damaged might mess with his memories, but other than that... nothing really. You covered the oxygen part, and how he's a goop basically. Not sure if he has a pseudo-skeleton.

Spam a ton... Dude that's debating and you're right, I already said this before. I take great care to read what you write down and respond to them. At least read everything despite it being long.

Well I won't be salty. Like I said, the factors on why Cross didn't zap Alex forever?

- He didn't have enough power to keep it going and can maybe do it on short bursts only

- If he did he would ve been vulnerable to other infected creatures nearby

- He never considered that strategy because he can't keep Alex down forever

His power is basically biomass manipulation alongside being a virus that can consume and adapt. However the adapting process takes a long while. He needed a scientist's help to basically get rid of a disease didn't he? That's why it's so strange to call someone to be 'capable of adapting against anything' when it's not entirely true. It's not as if he can adapt to stuff in seconds. He can adapt, but it's just that adaption is really hard to implement in a one on one battle instead of a Alex takes over the verse kind of thing. Anyway main point? It's not fast adaptation but it is still adaptation.

On manipulating positive and negative charges. I doubt any of his ability could be explained that way or we would have seen some bio-electrical carnage. Which would be sick to see. If Prototype had that I would imagine people exploding via shock. But no, not the case.

I already told you. I'm fond of Alex more for his powerset than Cole, and he could take out verses if given time. The issue is that he's just bad against electromasters. Cole is just someone who can beat him due to equal footing. There are other characters stronger than Cole who would be unable to kill Alex after all. Say Raiden for example.

And honestly, even if you do I probably won't even debate on it. Not like anyone cares about those two here anyway.

Nah, what I meant is that when James dies, Alex said, "hmm...Seems I had made a mistake." It's possible of why he was holding back or at least James defeat Alex's superior biomass capacity due to the power of emotions.

Well, he was still in the building and besides, he couldn't really do anything at his prime to escape when every area of the base was falling apart.

The thing is. It's a pain to do both debating and studying so, deal with it. Think about this. Alex would still spaz around on the ground while Cross, who I don't think he would walk towards Alex, would go after him and do it again. Like some video game corner fight where you spam attacks at the boss forever until it dies. Short burst, I'll dig. Infected? He could have done zap him before they come out. Even some weaker mindless infected got zapped and it took them some time to get up while Alex didn't waste time and beat up Cross.

It's possible. I think I heard about one of the web of intrigue that Alex can control something at a molecular level. Not good at chemistry nor am I learning biology, I think that's a reason. I don't know. I'm dumb.

If Alex was holding back we'd know though. But I see your point on emotions.

He was casually walking though, well either way he didn't tank fuel air bombs without a scratch so I'm going to erase that from his wiki. That fine with you?

How crippling, maybe I should completely leave vs debating then. Or not.

Again, Cross was electrocuting Alex, before knocking him away. I don't get what you're saying here really. Could be an issue with amount of energy.

Infected can keep coming so that's not an option. He could either focus on fighting a swarm with his weapon, or Alex. Can't be both. That's why he uses grenade launchers and calls in allies.

Protons and electrons are on a more atomic level actually. And trust me, it's not like everyone specializes on everything when they debate.

Well, just say that Alex was able to walk through the explosion quite easily, at the very least.

That doesn't mean you're no better. You might be able to do both debating and studying.

What I'm saying is that Cross could have quickly run towards him after knocking him back and stun him over and over. So, he's not fast enough to stun Alex at one corner over and over before he recover. That's what I'm saying.

Fair enough.

How debatable. I can do both. It's just that I'm wondering how much effort I should put on both. Week's been hell for me, not that I'll slow down with that. But we're getting off topic.

Again, I point to the fact that infected could be swarming the place and that his juice would run out if he tries that tactic. Instead of you know, zap Alex and then barrage him with explosives.

True, about the infected thing and all but, when Alex hurt Cross, Cross ran off as the Infected came out of the Hives. Alex is possibly able to recover from the electricity inside his body fast enough before getting blown up by the grenade launchers and after getting zapped and thrown back.

A smart move of someone on his level.

I doubt that. He could do one of those airborne recovery the moment he's hit by something. Unless it's a really mild voltage, so in a way you make sense

Well, yay, I guess. Also, remind me why Cole's getting Kessler's power feats again? All I need is just a few comments and we can close this.

? Going a bit off topic but I don't recall giving him that. If I remember it was when we were arguing about what valid abilities they have.

And I say let's not close this. We can just leave this here for future discussions. This was a lot more efficient than debating with two characters and instead only focus on one.

In the comics Mercer was able to withstand 10G's and walked away from it as if the force wasn't there and in the boss battle in Prototype 2, if you tried to jump off the building then Heller would be frozen to a near stop and Mercer would blitz in and reel him in plus he wasn't really trying.

I don't know. Seems like a feat but, he survived a nuke and since nuke is a nuke, he survive town level. You're right. He was able to something like the. However, it's best off to say that he can catch Heller with his reflexes and whipfist fast enough to prevent him from leaving the arena.

What exactly is a 10g? Can't seem to find any idea on what those are.

I'd say faster than Heller but we don't have a clear definite speed. I'd say maybe possibly Supersonic.

Wait, is slamming your fist to the ground and make a ring or something that looks like a sonic boom count as him making a sonic boom?

g, the standard value of gravitational acceleration at sea level on Earth or g-force and 1g is the gravity of Earth. What I mean is that if he adapted to that gravitational force then he is around 10x stronger and faster. Sorry for the inconvenience

@CoreOfimBalance(COB)

Well, looks like i'm a bit late...

Sorry about that, i've been busy recently. Anyway, no more excuses, let's get right into it.

First of all, let's clarify something, the nuke did reach Manhatta and there's ingame proof of it. The Dead Zone in Prototype 2 is the result of the thermonuclear explosion. In case you haven't seen the Dead Zone yet, here's a video .

The nuke is said to be five times bigger than the bomb dropped at Hiroshima , and powerful enough to erase Manhattan off the map, and Alex survived its nuclear fusion, shockwave, radioactive fallout and thermal radiation. That sounds like city level to me. And no, it wouldn't be possible for him to "nearly escape" that blast in a Blackhawk helicopter in less than seven seconds.

The biomass Alex consumes is assimilated to be added to his own genetic code. In other words, it becomes part of him. This means, that he can regain that biomass via Regenerationn. Also, Alex can't run out of biomass. He is made of the stuff. It's like a water molecule running out of both oxygen and hydrogen; it would disappear.

Alex's healing factor is infinite. Though, as his biomass gets lower, his Regenerationn gets slower, up to the point where he won't be able to regenerate for some time.

Alex's Regenerationn seem to happen in turns. This means, as he takes considerable ammounts of damage, the intervals between each healing are longer(It is a blunt guess, i'm not entirely sure). Still, even with his Regenerationn stopped, he won't be able to be killed by any normal means. All of his cells must be incinerated. He's a walking virus colony after all.

I'm assuming that by Infectonator Cloud you mean the Infected Creator? If that's the case, it was the devastator used by Alex to unleash the second viral outbreak on Manhattan. Here's a video .

As soon as i've got enough time i'll read all the other replies and try to respond properly.

@Badlander4

Well, welcome to King Kai's planet, Mercer.

@AHNIJC

It doesn't matter, dude. It even stated of its diameter being 10-15 miles and should at least reached all of manhattan when outside the water since Blackwatch wants to kill the entire virus on the island.

And the video of dead zone doesn't prove that the nuke reached dead zone.

Asdtgh said:
It doesn't matter, dude. It even stated of its diameter being 10-15 miles and should at least reached all of manhattan when outside the water since Blackwatch wants to kill the entire virus on the island.

And the video of dead zone doesn't prove that the nuke reached dead zone.
I posted the video simply to show the Dead Zone, since sounded like Core didn't know about it.

And the diameter of the nuke was never stated of being 10-15 miles. It was stated that it was detonated 10-15 miles off shore .

Oh, well, it could have been because that should at least destroy all of Manhattan, even in the water.

@AHN Nah we can understand irl issues.

Asdf just countered that point.

Okay. That would mean Alex is city level, IF, he tanked it. But he didn't. And just because it's seven seconds in cutscene doesn't mean it only took place seven seconds. Have you seen games and movies do that? They say it's five seconds when it takes longer?

Web of Intrigue thing I'm assuming? Well I'll go check around Prototype again. If he could run out of biomass he wouldn't have issue with physical focused attacks. And James clearly showed him who's the boss. Water molecules running out of both oxygen and hydrogen... that's a bad anagram all honesty. It would be better to describe a being that is mainly composed of hydrogen and oxygen absorbing said things in order to recover. Though Alex can't make biomass out of nothing and if you argue it's miosis or cell division, then it's likely but also requires time.

Incinerated cells huh. It's better to completely destroy them or use some sort of counter effect against viruses. But I do agree that he's very hard to kill.

Huh alright. Seems deadly and legit. Though that could also be as infectious as the vial he dropped before. Aka only infects a small area.

@Asd That's not really a sonic boom tbh. That's his fist creating a shockwave from the force. Though I did agree with Alex being potentially supersonic, so you can update that on the wiki

@COB I really need a tutor for this because I have no idea how to make those sort of blue things that links to the video. I also have another feat but, is it alright to bring in trailers that is connected to the real story?

And please don't use asdf. I've been using this name for a good long time and I respect it as my gaming, social media name.

My bad, must've typed when I was sleepy.

The URL? Just copy the link from the video. Or do you mean the links? And it depends on how legit the trailers are. If they can be treated as non-canon or canon is entirely up to the video.

I have no idea how to link the URL to the words in here. Tried that on death battle fanon, it was possible but here, it's unpredictable for me.

Well, it was about Heller reflecting on his past where his wife died and maybe he still thought that his daughter's still dead.

And it might be legit since the speed thing has been done by both gameplay, trailers and possibly cutscenes, if we are to count the first cutscene and the other one I picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back