• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project - Attack Potency revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Ant. Yeah it's best to go along with what he said as by this point, most of my attention will be drawn towards college work so around the time of December works best for me here and probably some others here too.

Well, I agree with the decision. Especially given my limited time right now and possibly quite a bit in the future.

The delegation was made prior to him being added to the staff. When the project is in motion again, WB will be added to one of the teams.

I know, I was just wondering where he'd go thanks to his promotion to staff member.

I'd also like to say that, if any of the Admins of a team are unavailible when the revisions start, I can fill in for them.

Hmmm... ok It is december now. Maybe a good time to think about restarting the project? I could give the topic my undivided attention from the 18th evening until 3rd. (well, except the usual christmas matters one has to attend)

FanofRPGs said:
Nice job, dude. ^^

Does anyone here, besides me, think it might be a good idea to have + categories be the median of two different attack potency levels?

Here's my (admittedly incomplete) version of an Attack Potency chart based on this concept:

City Block Level: 10 tons - 55 tons

City Block Level+: 55 tons - 100 tons

Multi-City Block Level: 100 tons - 550 tons

Multi-City Block Level+: 550 tons - 1 Kiloton

Small Town Level: 1 Kiloton - 3.4 Kilotons

Small Town Level+: 3.4 Kilotons - 5.8 Kilotons

Town Level: 5.8 Kilotons - 52.9 Kilotons

Town Level+: 52.9 Kilotons - 100 Kilotons

Large Town Level: 100 Kilotons - 550 Kilotons

Large Town Level+: 550 Kilotons - 1 Megaton

Small City Level: 1 Megaton - 3.65 Megatons

Small City Level+: 3.65 Megatons - 6.3 Megatons

City Level: 6.3 Megatons - 53.15 Megatons

City Level+: 53.15 Megatons - 100 Megatons

Mountain Level: 100 Megatons - 550 Megatons

Mountain Level+: 550 Megatons - 1 Gigaton

Small Island Level: 1 Gigaton - 2.65 Gigatons

Small Island Level+: 2.65 Gigatons - 4.3 Gigatons

Island Level: 4.3 Gigatons - 52.15 Gigatons

Island Level+: 52.15 Gigatons - 100 Gigatons

Large Island Level: 100 Gigatons - 550 Gigatons

Large Island Level+: 550 Gigatons - 1 Teraton

Small Country Level: 1 Teraton - 4 Teratons

Small Country Level+: 4 Teratons - 7 teratons

Country Level: 7 Teratons - 53.5 Teratons

Country Level+: 53.5 Teratons - 100 Teratons

Large Country Level: 100 Teratons - 550 Teratons

Large Country Level+: 550 Teratons - 1 Petaton

I don't find the value for regular Solar System Level very convincing either. 5.709 Foe seems pretty underwhelming and I doubt an explosion with that yield would have enough power per the size of it's area of effect to overcome the GBE of the sun, the planets and their moons, the asteroids, the comets and every other object in the solar system.

I think this is more accurate, IMO, http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2001-11/1004909251.As.r.html

5.09e37 tons of TNT equivalent = 2.129656e47 joules or 2.129656 KiloFoe.

Okay here is what I got

The largest city by area is tokyo, which has a surface area of 13752 square km. Using this calculator

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/

I get the energy needed to surround it via the shockwave to be 805.869 Megatons of TNT.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Geography-1729/Volume-Mount-Everest.htm

The surface area of the largest mountain is 2413 square kilometers

Using fragmentation (8 joules/cm^3) I get 4.61375573 Gigatons of TNT

7-A = 805.869 Megatons of TNT - 4.61375573 Gigatons of TNT

Next, the largest island in the world is Greenland which has a surface area of 836,300 square miles. I have to find its volume, so I will also add its depth, the average depth to sealevel is 12100 feet. Multiplying 12100 feet with the area of Greenland, then using the fragmentation formula. I get 15.2742013 Teratons of TNT

6-C = 4.61375573 Gigatons of TNT - 15.2742013 Teratons of TNT

Next, I will chose the middle-sized continent as the minimum for continent level, that is South America. Its surface area is 6.888 million square miles. Once again using 12100 feet as a depth. Then using the fragmentation formula. I get 125.802581 Teratons of TNT.

6-B = 15.2742013 Teratons of TNT - 125.802581 Teratons of TNT

Now for the limit of normal 6-A, I will use Asia, its surface area is 17.21 million square miles. Doing the math again, I get 314.323813 Teratons of TNT

6-A = 125.802581 Teratons of TNT - 314.323813 Teratons of TNT

Now for high 6-A I will stop at the GBE of the small moon, Charon. It has a surface gravity of 0.288 m/s^2, a radius of 395 feet, and a mass of 1.9e21 kg. That gives me a GBE of 49.882943 Petatons of TNT

High 6-A = 314.323813 Teratons of TNT - 49.882943 Petatons of TNT

So overall

Low 5-C = 49.882943 Petatons of TNT - 29.6 Exatons of TNT

Gerdkinerf said:
FanofRPGs said:
GohanLSSJ2 said:
FanofRPGs said:
TBH I am thinking we recalc new values
I, too, think that might be needed.
In particular, the value for Multi-Solar System does not convince me too much.
I have completed 7-A to 6-A
Oh really? Nice ^^.
Would you be okay with posting them? I'd like to see them, please.
Its above

Low 5-C = 49.882943 Petatons of TNT - 29.6 Exatons of TNT

Gerdkinerf said:
I don't find the value for regular Solar System Level very convincing either. 5.709 Foe seems pretty underwhelming and I doubt an explosion with that yield would have enough power per the size of it's area of effect to overcome the GBE of the sun, the planets and their moons, the asteroids, the comets and every other object in the solar system.

I think this is more accurate, IMO, http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2001-11/1004909251.As.r.html

5.09e37 tons of TNT equivalent = 2.129656e47 joules or 2.129656 KiloFoe.
tey miscalced Neptune in it

If the attack potency is gonna overgo an entire overhaul, I feel like that only the characters that are the very least tier 3-A are the ones whose articles are not locked to normal members while the rest get their attack potency and tier fixed up. Is that how it's gonna go?

UPDATE

Regarding the chart

Beginning Date: January 1, 2016

Guidelines

• When the project will begin implementation, no edits apart from revising attack potency will be allowed. All other edits will be rolled back.
  • A standard edit summary, "Revised Attack Potency" must be made.
  • I sincerely request that the staff members give it their all.
  • Regular members are also free to participate, although it is advised that if unsure, they not make incorrect edits. Any incorrect edits will be treated as suspicious ones.
  • Anybody who tries to utilize the overwhelming number of edits to cover any suspicious ones of their own will be banned.
  • All "Content Revision" threads will be put on hold.
  • I suggest all teams create a thread, on one of the team member's message wall, and co-ordinate their efforts.
The teams

Note: Given that tier 3 and 4 are still not concretely decided upon yet, it may very well be that revision of (only) tier 3 and 4 be withheld, and start on Jan 4 instead.

Well, I just looked through Tier 4, and a very great amount of their rankings are very self-explanatory with no calcs. As a result, it would be possible for the revisions to start as normal.

Sorry Kkapoios. You are a valued member of the team. I am sure that you will be included in a group with lots of profiles to deal with.

Antvasima said:
Sorry Kkapoios. You are a valued member of the team. I am sure that you will be included in a group with lots of profiles to deal with.
I like how he's one of the few people who got left out on all this. Sorry, sorry. Can't help myself making a joke.

Hmm...now that I reconsider, SwordSlayer99 has been mostly inactive.

Kkapoios, switch with him. You will be co-ordinating with Tier 7 and 8 team, SS99 will be on reserve.

UPDATE

We are officially commencing the project!

Guidelines

• When the project will begin implementation, no edits apart from revising attack potency will be allowed. All other edits will be rolled back.
  • A standard edit summary, "Revised Attack Potency" must be made.
  • I sincerely request that the staff members give it their all.
  • Regular members are also free to participate, although it is advised that if unsure, they not make incorrect edits. Any incorrect edits will be treated as suspicious ones.
  • Anybody who tries to utilize the overwhelming number of edits to cover any suspicious ones of their own will be banned.
  • All "Content Revision" threads will be put on hold.
  • I suggest all teams create a thread, on one of the team member's message wall, and co-ordinate their efforts.
The teams

Note: Given that tier 3 and 4 are still not concretely decided upon yet, revision of (only) tier 3 and 4 has been withheld, and the team for tier 3 and 4 will start on Jan 6 instead.

Other teams, please begin the Attack Potency revision.

Create a thread on one of your team member's message wall (or yours) so that you can co-ordinate your efforts. Revise only your alloted tiers, not others.

Lord Kavpeny said:
Create a thread on one of your team member's message wall (or yours) so that you can co-ordinate your efforts. Only your tier, not others.
I know about that last part but okay.

It is probably good to create a highlighted thread that tells people not to do regular editing for the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back