• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Editing Rules
Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, memes, YouTube personalities, reality television, talk shows, music videos, stage personas, and the like.
Stage personas, such as YouTube and TV show hosts, tend to lack a 4th wall between them and the audience, and are not explicitly fictional in nature, as part of an actual story with a plot, regardless of special effects. They are real people who are affecting a behavioural change/acting out of character relative to their true personalities, but the setting is otherwise unchanged from reality and not fictional in nature.
With my knowledge of Death Battle I don't expect Wiz to meet the requirements for an actual profile any time soon.

The windbag recreated Wizard's profile.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I don't think they should have profiles since it's not like they have that much feats to begin with
The problem isn't that they lack feats. They have quite a few (Boomstick especially) that put them in the street to wall level range. The problem I've been told as to why they're not allowed is because they're made to review characters and because they're not a part of their own story separate of Death Battle as a show, not because they lack the substance to make a profile. You can check their profiles on the FC/OC wiki if you want to see what they have

It should be allowed since he is completely a fictional character.
At worst it belongs on FC/OC since DB is a fanwork at heart.
No. YouTube show hosts aren't allowed, as explained in the rules I quoted above. That's why we don't have profiles for AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, etc.

You can’t really compare Wiz, a completely fictional character with his own design and such, to AVGN and such, who are just plugs for the authors half the time.

He has plenty of feats in the animated seasons, and probably a backstory (his co-host has one?)

I'm not ultra-knowledgeable on Death Battle but that sounds like complete bullshit.

He's not a completely fictional character, he's the name of one of the hosts of an informational show. Having your own design doesn't make you exempt from this rule, we don't give every YouTube personality with a drawn avatar or costume exemption from this rule. From my experience seeing Death Battle, Wiz is a plug for the author. Having feats does not matter, the characters I listed have tons of feats. Neither does having a backstory.

But anyway, this thread isn't really the place to talk about this, but I'd rather you don't go around spouting falsehoods like that unopposed. Don't want you misleading other users.

You calling something bullshit doesn’t make it bullshit.

Having a backstory, unique design, quirks and eccentricities, etc Those matter because that is what separates him from the actor. At that point he is a separate character. What about that is just a puppet?

I've shown you the rules. I've described how those rules apply to him. I've told you how those "exceptions" you list are the same run-of-the-mill things that every other similar character affected by this rule that has been deleted has.

It is not just me calling it bullshit that makes it bullshit.

@Robot972 It is infinitely more comparable to stuff like AVGN and the Nostalgia Critic. Who Killed Markiplier is an entirely fictional story. Death Battle is an informational YouTube series with occasional gags.

I really hope we don't need to make the 100th thread on this topic just because of 00potato's obstinance...

If our issue is educational content? Then why is stuff like the magic effin school bus on the wiki (Not a joke.)? If we were a bit consistent with that it would be fine. YouTube or not nothing really would change (is this rule even applicable for FC/OC anyway?)
How is death Battle not considered and “entirely fictional story.” Characters are fictional, the fights are completely fictional, none of the situations are based in reality. Educational content changes none of that.
If you want make a thread on FC/OC, I am not clogging this up any longer.

Because the Magic School Bus is an entirely fictional series that happens to provide educational messages over the course of its programming.

I cannot comprehend how you don't see the difference between that and a presenter that talks about stuff like video games, movies, fictional characters fighting each other, while occasionally telling jokes or having skits.

Let us calm down and move this somewhere else. Potato, drop it, I know you tend repeatedly insist things despite warnings, so this is best for a Staff Discussion or the likes of it. Agnaa, calm down, I respect your opinions but I’ve noticed you tend to get heated with people like Potato.
Let’s not clog the Profile Deletion thread, or we bury other posts and take attention away from what the thread’s meant for.

For the record, I agree with Agnaa.

The deletion thread is probably not the best place for this issue.

Back