• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems with the members of the 'Phoenix Five'

Okay, so awhile back, Marvel had an event called AVX (a.k.a. Avengers Vs. X-Men). During this event, the Phoenix Force was splintered and bonded with five particular mutants:

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Namor

Colossus

Magik

Now, all five of them gained the powers of the Phoenix, though not to the extent as they would have if one of them was the sole host. The issue comes in that not all their pages reflect this and I'm going to outline the issues. In addition, I'm also going to propose several things that I feel are worth adding their profiles for their Phoenix Force incarnations.

Issues:

Emma and Magik both lack any mention of the Phoenix Force powers on their profiles despite the fact that someone did edit them to have the Tier, AP and Dura.

2. Another thing that is lacking is the fact that the Phoenix Force boosts the prexisting powers of the host in addition to granting them it's other attributes (Telekinesis, Telepathy, Immortality Type 4, etc.) This is an issue on all the pages.

Cyclops has Limitless stamina with the Phoenix Force but none of the others do. The Phoenix Force granted them all the same powers, so if Cyclops has that rating because of it, then the others should have as well. If Cyclops shouldn't have it, then it needs to be taken off his profile replaced with the apportiate Stamina rating. Most likely Unknown.

Proposals:

Namor should probaly have a different lifting strength when he has the Phoenix Force considering he did this to Red Hulk, a being that is quite stronger than normal Namor. I believe "At least Class M, likely far higher" should suffice if we can't give him a definite level based around Red Hulk's durability and strength level.

2. I also move for the Phoenix Five to have these weaknesses based on the events of AVX:

2A. 'Chaos Magic: Based on this occurence (1 , 2 ), it would seem that the Phoenix Five are weak to Chaos Magic. While Scarlet Witch's overall high level of power is a factor, it should be noted that there is nothing expressed that she did anything and that simply by touching her, Cyclops was harmed.

2B. Corruption: As the comic went on, the Phoenix Five were obviously becoming corrupted by their power. They became more prone to extreme actions, draconian in temperment and self-righteous. This is important as these kinds of attitudes could make them make mistakes if ever in a versus debate. Here's some of their dialouges from different points in the comics. (1)--(2)--(3)--(4, 5, 6)--(7)--(8)--(9)

2C. Forced Removal of the Phoenix: It seems like the portions of the Phoenix that empower the five can be removed if they recieve enough punishment. The best demonstration of this is Namor vs Avengers. After taking numerous hits, the Phoenix Force eventually left Namor. (1, 2, 3, 4 , 5)

So, that's what I've got on the topic. What does everyone think?

I think that this seems reasonable.

Proposition 2C is wrong, The phoenix left Namor for intervention of the Scarlet Witch, not because it suffers much damage.

Back