• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pressure Points question

Let's say there's a vs thread between Character A and Character B. Character A has a Pressure Points ability for being able to target vital points such as the Solar Plexus, the abdomen, the neck, etc. ,while Character B has a massive AP advantage (like 100x). Can Character A still damage Character B via Pressure Points?

It just sounds kinda weird to me how if Character A can somehow damage Character B, it also means that a newborn punching a grown man in the solar plexus would be able to damage him, which makes no sense to me.

Idk if this was asked before but I started seeing this in many vs threads so felt the need to ask it.

Usually pressure points is shown as a durability negation attack despite the logical problems with it, and as a durability negation attack the difference doesn't matter you need resistance to such attacks.
And attack weak areas of the body is not enough for pressure points, the classic "kick in the balls" would not be considered pressure points, it's usually mentioned as spots with nerves which can cause effects on the body such as pain and paralysis but this part is better explained in the pressure points page

It depends on how the pressure point targeting itself works.
For example, gentle fist in Naruto targets pressure points by directly sending chakra into them, effectively bypassing durability.
So those would work even without necessary AP.

But if you have just regular real life level pressure point striking technique then you probably need at least somewhat comparable AP to affect them. Since in that case you do need to still press the pressure point which is achieved by applying force to their body

But if you have just regular real life level pressure point striking technique then you probably need at least somewhat comparable AP to affect them. Since in that case you do need to still press the pressure point which is achieved by applying force to their body
The Pressure Points ability in question is pretty much targeting vital points that exist irl as well so I think this is the answer to my question.

Although, I wanna know what you mean by "comparable AP". Does it have to be below the one shot range?

Pressure Points are basically attacking the human body where the concept of durability hardly matters

Unless it's specifically stated that a character has, Let's say, Throat, Solar Plexus that is comparable to the person's durability

The weak points of the human body are by default 10-B unless proven otherwise (Like i said above)

Last edited:
Pressure points aren't durability negation attacks but attacking spots where the human body doesn't have durability, it doesn't matter how strong you are, your durability comes from muscle mass and bones which you can train to endure more hits, on the other side there are parts in your body that aren't covered by bones and don't have much muscles covering them or even parts that lack both bones and muscles, this means it doesn't matter how you reinforce your body, you won't be able to make said parts more durable, at most you can train yourself to endure pain but that's another story.

The two more vulnerable parts are the eyes and balls, you legit don't have anything covering them which means there is absolutely nothing you can do to make those parts more resistant against attacks.

Tho not every pressure points damage the external of the body, a liver shot for example is an attack that damage the liver, how? Simple, even tho the liver is covered by muscles when you attack that part the muscles get pushed on the liver damaging it and inducing a lot of pain, here while you don't damage the muscle but what's behind them which can't be reinforced in any way, the only way to prevent this from happening would be having so many kg of muscles on that part that becomes physically impossible to push them but even if you train your muscles there they have still a low weigh and can be pushed anyway.

So... unless you have direct resistance to those parts you can't tank a PP attack.

Using a kid vs adult to prove PP might not work is an horrible example, first because adults can get damaged by kids with the right PP, secondly as I said for the liver shot some parts might require a bare minimum of force to push the muscles which a kid might not have.

Another thing that is worth to mention is that characters that are at least street+ break this "it requires a bare minimum of force" as they scale fairly higher than peak human which means the can pretty much do the shit they want against normal body mass lol, a neck's muscle mass can't grew infinitely so after a certain AP every chin hit is outright KO.

The weak points of the human body are by default 10-B unless proven otherwise (Like i said above)
Where's this stated exactly?
The two more vulnerable parts are the eyes and balls, you legit don't have anything covering them which means there is absolutely nothing you can do to make those parts more resistant against attacks.
Eh, I didn't have those points in mind so this might be correct after all.
Simple, even tho the liver is covered by muscles when you attack that part the muscles get pushed on the liver damaging it and inducing a lot of pain, here while you don't damage the muscle but what's behind them which can't be reinforced in any way, the only way to prevent this from happening would be having so many kg of muscles on that part that becomes physically impossible to push them but even if you train your muscles there they have still a low weigh and can be pushed anyway.
Training those muscles would make them much more dense, which would still make them much harder for one to push, which would be what durability is (at least in my opinion).
Using a kid vs adult to prove PP might not work is an horrible example, first because adults can get damaged by kids with the right PP,
Yeah like I said, I never had the crotch in mind as the character I'm referring to (I think yk who I'm talking about lol) doesn't use that. I'm strictly talking about the pressure points I presented in the OP.
secondly as I said for the liver shot some parts might require a bare minimum of force to push the muscles which a kid might not have.

Another thing that is worth to mention is that characters that are at least street+ break this "it requires a bare minimum of force" as they scale fairly higher than peak human which means the can pretty much do the shit they want against normal body mass lol, a neck's muscle mass can't grew infinitely so after a certain AP every chin hit is outright KO.
I mean I pretty much stated how this can be avoided but focusing on the bolded part here;

Muscle mass isn't really connected to Durability as in fiction, characters with less muscle mass can harm characters with more muscle mass with their AP. This is why I think characters with Pressure Points should at least have comparable AP to the characters they have to harm via Pressure Points in vs threads.

Where's this stated exactly?
It's common knowledge and is IRL logic, Your eyes do not have 9-A AP, Your crotch does not have 9-A AP, Your liver does not have 9-A AP

This SPECIFICALLY needs proof of the character having the same durability in their PP as they normally do

A kid can legit damage and K.O you as in the video Zefra showed you

A child who is 10-C can legit damage people who are 9-C since their PP is not comparable to their normal durability

Also, I said it wrong, PP are 10-C not 10-B mb

I mean I pretty much stated how this can be avoided but focusing on the bolded part here;

Muscle mass isn't really connected to Durability as in fiction, characters with less muscle mass can harm characters with more muscle mass with their AP. This is why I think characters with Pressure Points should at least have comparable AP to the characters they have to harm via Pressure Points in vs threads.
If the verse you are talking about functions based on real life (Lookism has IRL logic, And you know this) then this does not matter

You need to show proof of them being having comparable durability on their weak points as they have on their normal durability

Training those muscles would make them much more dense, which would still make them much harder for one to push, which would be what durability is (at least in my opinion).
more dense = more weight, so still muscle mass... I don't remember any human-like character being above 100 kg as overall weight lol, a street level character should be able to push the entire body mass
Yeah like I said, I never had the crotch in mind as the character I'm referring to (I think yk who I'm talking about lol) doesn't use that. I'm strictly talking about the pressure points I presented in the OP.
he hits the eyes, also he has enough BIQ to go for the balls if he needs to but I don't want to talk about him now as you kept the topic general.
I explain how after a certain AP it doesn't matter
This is why I think characters with Pressure Points should at least have comparable AP to the characters they have to harm via Pressure Points in vs threads.
mh... no, it's entirely baseless, no one has enough muscle mass to prevent those PP to have effects and there are still PP that even avoid muscle mass

It's common knowledge and is IRL logic, Your eyes do not have 9-A AP, Your crotch does not have 9-A AP
I mean I didn't have those points in mind while making this so like I said, this might be true after all.
A child who is 10-C can legit damage people who are 9-C since their PP is not comparable to their normal durability
The guy in the video is pretty much an average human so don't think they scale to 9-C. They would scale to Average Human AP which is 50 Joules. Also like I said, I didn't have that part of the body in mind while making the thread (like I specified in the OP) so refrain from derailing the topic pls.
Also, I said it wrong, PP are 10-C not 10-B mb
That does not make any sense. 10-C is literally the KE of a goldfish.
If the verse you are talking about functions based on real life (Lookism has IRL logic, And you know this) then this does not matter
Durability doesn't really work that way in any verse though, and that has to be specified for it to work that way.

(I wasn't refering to Daniel just so you know, he has similar stats to Koji)
You need to show proof of them being having comparable durability on their weak points as they have on their normal durability
Would that apply to every pressure point? Like for example, would showing a character tanking an attack on the chin be enough to justify him tanking a solar plexus hit?
more dense = more weight, so still muscle mass... I don't remember any human-like character being above 100 kg as overall weight lol, a street level character should be able to push the entire body mass
That doesn't make any sense. A Street level character would be able to send a Large Building character flying meters away with a punch in that case, which doesn't make sense as, logically speaking, the Large Building character shouldn't even feel that hit.
he hits the eyes, also he has enough BIQ to go for the balls if he needs to
Ehem, that's kinda OOC but whatever.
I explain how after a certain AP it doesn't matter
Well I don't really agree with that.
mh... no, it's entirely baseless, no one has enough muscle mass to prevent those PP to have effects and there are still PP that even avoid muscle mass
Eh. I already answered to this above.

Just to add, it seems like liver is actually protected by the rib cage you need to at least be able to compress your opponent's rib cage for the liver shot to be effective, meaning you do need at least comparable AP to do that, not AP that feels like a bug bite to your opponent.

I mean I didn't have those points in mind while making this so like I said, this might be true after all.
Hm
The guy in the video is pretty much an average human so don't think they scale to 9-C. They would scale to Average Human AP which is 50 Joules. Also like I said, I didn't have that part of the body in mind while making the thread (like I specified in the OP) so refrain from derailing the topic pls.
Not the point, A guy who is muscular asf does not have the same durability in his PP as his normal dura

PP are weak areas that is impossible to train (Unless the verse in question is capable of doing it)
That does not make any sense. 10-C is literally the KE of a goldfish.
Not really, A child is 10-C (Kids and Elderly), An average human is 10-B (Teenagers and adults), 10-A are for athletic people and 9-C are for olympic level people
Durability doesn't really work that way in any verse though, and that has to be specified for it to work that way.

(I wasn't refering to Daniel just so you know, he has similar stats to Koji)
It's the other way around actually, If the verse functions similar to real life, It's only natural to work that way
Would that apply to every pressure point? Like for example, would showing a character tanking an attack on the chin be enough to justify him tanking a solar plexus hit?
Normally yes, Weak points like i said above are areas that are impossible to train and a place where durability hardly matters and therefore are 10-C
That doesn't make any sense. A Street level character would be able to send a Large Building character flying meters away with a punch in that case, which doesn't make sense as, logically speaking, the Large Building character shouldn't even feel that hit.
That doesn't mean anything, The human body is not 100% solid

By hitting in the liver for example, You are pushing your way inside the body (I don't know if i am explaining this correctly)
Just to add, it seems like liver is actually protected by the rib cage you need to at least be able to compress your opponent's rib cage for the liver shot to be effective, meaning you do need at least comparable AP to do that, not AP that feels like a bug bite to your opponent.
What i said above, The human body is not 100% solid

They are elastic of sorts

Not the point, A guy who is muscular asf does not have the same durability in his PP as his normal dura
That's irelevant as I already said that I do not think it's straight up impossible for you to damage your opponent with PP despite them having more dura. My question is "Can you damage your opponent via pressure points (without dura neg) despite having much less durability?"

Although I agree that this question should be viewed with a case to case basis as PP in fiction is a wide area. I'm solely focusing on more "realistic" pressure points.
9-C are for olympic level people
Crotch and eyeballs aside, are there any instances of little kids or teenagers being able to damage Olympic athletes through Pressure Points? You guys only gave me one example of a little kid accidentally (or knowingly) kicking his father (who looks to be an average human) in the crotch and dropping him for some time, which can supposedly even be acting as the scene comes from a tv show of some sort.

My calculation of an average kid's kick got around 10 joules (I can explain it more if you ask), which is just a 5x difference in AP in comparison to her father, for a place that's one of the most sensitive parts of the human body.
Normally yes, Weak points like i said above are areas that are impossible to train and a place where durability hardly matters and therefore are 10-C
"Durability hardly matters" does not mean 10-C. A place where durability hardly matters for a normal human might be 10-C, but for an 8-B character it would be much higher with this line of thinking, which I'm not aganist.
That doesn't mean anything, The human body is not 100% solid
This has no relevance to my comment whatsoever.
What i said above, The human body is not 100% solid

They are elastic of sorts
You would have to be able to compress the rib cage, which would still require some sort of comparability in AP as durability does scale to bones. A character's Durability wouldn't directly scale to the rib cage as it does with femur bones as they are harder, but they would still be comparable durability wise.

Last edited:
Back