• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-timeskip Zoro's Swordsmanship upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
Pre-timeskip Zoro defeated Shimotsuki Ryuma who is a Master Swordsman

Zoro should at least have Master Swordsman because of this
16.png
17.png

While Prime Ryuma is probably much stronger than this. It would only scale between Swordsmanship

18.png
19.png

Also Zoro is called East Blue Master Swordman in a Official One Piece Mobile Game

Last edited:
This topic isn't exactly Calc Group Discussion stuff, this should be put in Content Revision isntead.

This topic isn't exactly Calc Group Discussion stuff, this should be put in Content Revision isntead.
Oh you might be right 🤔 I thought making content revisions threads was mostly for staffs 😅🤦‍♂️

I am against this

Zombies in one Piece don't have the skills of their actual bodies, only the skills that they gained from absorbing someone's shadow. Ryuma has brooks shadow, so he has all the skills that brook has. Ryuma can use his techniques better as he has a physically stronger body, but he's still only using brooks techniques.

basically, the Ryuma that Zoro fought cant actually be scaled at all skill-wise with the actual Ryuma. This does showcase that Zoro is significantly above Brook in swordsmanship though.

I am against this

Zombies in one Piece don't have the skills of their actual bodies, only the skills that they gained from absorbing someone's shadow. Ryuma has brooks shadow, so he has all the skills that brook has. Ryuma can use his techniques better as he has a physically stronger body, but he's still only using brooks techniques.

basically, the Ryuma that Zoro fought cant actually be scaled at all skill-wise with the actual Ryuma. This does showcase that Zoro is significantly above Brook in swordsmanship though.
I agree with this, although I still believe Zoro should scale above Zombie Ryuma skill wise if he doesn't already.

I am against this

Probably true but Zoro has Mastered his own fighting style and has reached so much in Swordsmanship that he can cut anything and nothing with only skill.... That should at least make him a Master swordsman

Last edited:
I am against this

This is a good point, also bump

While Zombie Ryuma was using Brooks techniques, Zombie Ryuma With his Swordsmanship still completely outmatched and defeated Brook So him using brook's techniques doesn't mean he has the same Swordsmanship as Brook. While Brook was watching Zoro vs Ryuma, Brook stated that Ryuma wasn't serious at all while fighting Brook. This would mean that Ryuma's Swordsmanship is much greater than brook.

Last edited:
That doesn't mean he's superior in terms of skill though.

Ryuma had a powerful body, which is the whole reason Gecko Moria stole his corpse in the first place. Its likely that this physical advantage allowed him to dominate brook, more so than inferiority in skill. If Ryuma was both faster and stronger than brook, then of course he's going to dominate him in a battle using the same techniques.

and iirc, theirs no other instance where the skill of the zombie massively exceeds the skill of the shadow that animates it, so I dont see why Ryuma would be the exception.

That doesn't mean he's superior in terms of skill though.

Ryuma had a powerful body, which is the whole reason Gecko Moria stole his corpse in the first place. Its likely that this physical advantage allowed him to dominate brook, more so than inferiority in skill. If Ryuma was both faster and stronger than brook, then of course he's going to dominate him in a battle using the same techniques.

and iirc, theirs no other instance where the skill of the zombie massively exceeds the skill of the shadow that animates it, so I dont see why Ryuma would be the exception.
This might be true but Zoro has A lot of feat of being a master swordsman, this was just one of them ( I’ll say a few later)

Zoro Has made and Master his own Fighting style, Able to do No Swords style, Limited Durability Negation with Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson & Nitoryu Iai: Rashomon techniques (Goken type Swordsmen and those who have reached The pinnacle of Swordsmanship are stated to be capable of cutting any material as long as they will it, whether it be flesh or steel however the full extent to which this can be applied is unknown) Link, Link and Link, while it is only in the anime... One of the Mandrills copied Mihawk's Swordmanship.... which Zoro defeated. Zoro has been stated in the official Mobile game that Zoro is an East Blue Master Swordsman... I feel like that alone should make him a Master Swordsman. 😁👍

Last edited:
Please allow me to handle Zoro's skill stuff as I have a blog in the making regarding OP sword skill and abilities, I also plan on adding stuff into Zoro's intelligence section such as his various skill feats which should more than qualify for Master Swordsman.

Please allow me to handle Zoro's skill stuff as I have a blog in the making regarding OP sword skill and abilities, I also plan on adding stuff into Zoro's intelligence section such as his various skill feats which should more than qualify for Master Swordsman.
Sure you are much better then me in explaining 😁👍

This can be closed for now then, the next CRT for this topic should be out sometime tomorrow and there I'll have the detailed explanation of all his feats along with the finished blog. Currently the sandbox is almost finished and if anyone is interested in seeing it they can come to my wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back