• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
lp0qJoV_d.webp

I have severe problems with Rimurus stellar and planetary gluttony scaling because this is obviously just flowery statements. I dont see why this was added on his profile

Yeah Planetary/Star level beelzebub doesn't make sense, it should be Universal+ via scaling to WN beelzebub

Completely forgot which CRT that revision happened, but to summarize why it was accepted:
  • The raws were checked through a Japanese translator member of the wiki and through other machine translators, and the statement is pretty explicit about Gluttony eventually growing large enough to devour either planets or stars (the JP word can refer to either).
  • It was decided that it would be either Planetary or Star level mostly because the official translations used stars.
  • The statement is further corroborated by Hinata stating it's a threat to the world, which I believe the raws for that was also checked. She was specifically referring to the planet IIRC.
I posed the question of whether or not this only counts as range because Gluttony technically is a hax ability, but it was considered an AP due to Large Size IIRC.

The translations were linked by the other user. IIRC the translation was brought up specifically because the statement was questioned to be just flowery in the first place.

Nothing on the scan screams "Flowery language"

People just be using that as an excuse for an impressive feat/statement

Completely forgot which CRT that revision happened, but to summarize why it was accepted:
  • The raws were checked through a Japanese translator member of the wiki and through other machine translators, and the statement is pretty explicit about Gluttony eventually growing large enough to devour either planets or stars (the JP word can refer to either).
  • It was decided that it would be either Planetary or Star level mostly because the official translations used stars.
  • The statement is further corroborated by Hinata stating it's a threat to the world, which I believe the raws for that was also checked. She was specifically referring to the planet IIRC.
I posed the question of whether or not this only counts as range because Gluttony technically is a hax ability, but it was considered an AP due to Large Size IIRC.

The translations were linked by the other user. IIRC the translation was brought up specifically because the statement was questioned to be just flowery in the first place.
So when is the Reinhard von asspulls Multi continental-planetary crt gonna be made on the narrator sayiing that he destroyed and recreated the world?

I am dead sure this isnt how it works, did we even have any other instance of gluttony being mentioned to have been growing in ap? Also how does it exactly "eat the stars" in the numerous MTLs you guys did? That still just looks like Fuse writing some metaphors. Oh and finally, pre demon lord Rimuru never actually reached that stage anyway, he turned into a TDL before that. Is this still valid if that stage never arrived?

Oh and i just checked and of course it was google translate, the least credible one that didnt interpret it as a metaphor but instead as literal.

"He gobbled up the very stars" is not metaphorical in the slightest.

Infact the use of the word very means its an actuality rather than exaggerated statement

"He gobbled up the very stars" is not metaphorical in the slightest.

Infact the use of the word very means its an actuality rather than exaggerated statement
he hadnt gotten to that stage yet before he transformed into TDL, so does having it on his profile really matter since he will never get to that point atleast on his PDL key

he hadnt gotten to that stage yet before he transformed into TDL, so does having it on his profile really matter since he will never get to that point atleast on his PDL key
Imma be honest with you I don't know the slightest about this verse but I know that the statement is damn well not flowery

Imma be honest with you I don't know the slightest about this verse but I know that the statement is damn well not flowery
Well it doesnt make sense in context because at this specific time Gluttony had a range of a couple hundred metres, jumping from that to stellar is a massive upgrade and this statement is too vague. Heck this version is severely weaker than a Carrera who hasnt gotten her upgrades yet to become planetary. I just dont see it

at this specific time Gluttony had a range of a couple hundred metres
Yes.
That's why it only reaches 5-B/4-C over time.

jumping from that to stellar is a massive upgrade and this statement is too vague
The scans provided makes the statement quite clear enough. The feat itself is simple, it's not a sudden tier jump and happens over time.

Heck this version is severely weaker than a Carrera who hasnt gotten her upgrades yet to become planetary
This comparison is irrelevant, their conditions for being 5-B are entirely different.

Carrera doesn't even have a profile yet, why would she get an upgrade?

Rather than PDL Rimuru being stellar, it makes way more sense for that statement of “He showed the ability to devour everything in sight, until he gobbled up the very stars in the sky - suggesting a monstrous potential indeed” to just be referring to him swallowing the sky over actually going across multiple solar systems.

It makes far more sense given how many multi-continental people are stronger than PDL Rim.

Giving him stellar AP overtime just feels like wank.

Especially in how Carrera is planetary at best and her power is considered the most impressive AoE for true demon lords.

It being the sky instead of multiple solar systems is reasonable.

Well if you're going to willfully ignore all the evidences that supports the current rating and making false equivalences in favor for your headcanon, then sure.

That's not really how this works, though. Arguments from incredulity isn't a valid evidence.

Well if you're going to willfully ignore all the evidences that supports the current rating and making false equivalences in favor for your headcanon, then sure.

That's not really how this works, though. Arguments from incredulity isn't a valid evidence.
That simply eludes to the fact that its too vague to be considered one thing or the other, a similar case of Reiñhard where it was stated that he destroyed and recreated the world was not accepted for the same reasons. It also could just be fuse writing a metaphor and i dont see how something that could potentially just be interpreted as a literary device be considered an actual upgrade

We also have seemingly no comparison or feat to help make this statement more credible and considering how this wasnt even mentioned in any other way, wasnt even IMPLIED in any sort of way... yeah that really does make me suspect as to how reliable this can be

Antarctics point is that him covering the sky of say a country to a continent makes more sense since its not as much of a massive difference and could be considered a logical interpretation as it is still is in the range of what he could do instead of interpreting the statement to be literal and getting him to a position where even high tier TDLs cant reach.

Carrera is a good example since she has one of the highest range and AP. SHE would be below a PDL in terms of AP and range if we go by this scale which breaks consistency of whats been shown to us.

That simply eludes to the fact that its too vague to be considered one thing or the other, a similar case of Reiñhard where it was stated that he destroyed and recreated the world was not accepted for the same reasons. It also could just be fuse writing a metaphor and i dont see how something that could potentially just be interpreted as a literary device be considered an actual upgrade
Your problem is not with the rating itself, but with Re:Zero sh1ts, just make a reinhard thread or whatever u want and let this alone, there is nothing suggesting this is a metaphor

If you have such a problem then make a downgrade thread. If you feel its unfair for Re zero, make an upgrade thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your problem is not with the rating itself, but with Re:Zero sh1ts, just make a reinhard thread or whatever u want and let this alone, there is nothing suggesting this is a metaphor
I am giving an example, you still havent tackled the problem of this breaking consistency, making no sense to jump from country to stellar and the fact that this could simply be a literary device. Also what makes you think that "nothing sugests this is a metaphor" when that statement can be written for any character of that level if the author so wishes it, what makes it different from regular hyperboles? Come on man try better than that

I am giving an example, you still havent tackled the problem of this breaking consistency, making no sense to jump from country to stellar and the fact that this could simply be a literary device. Also what makes you think that "nothing sugests this is a metaphor" when that statement can be written for any character of that level if the author so wishes it, what makes it different from regular hyperboles? Come on man try better than that
It is OVERTIME, like, it's written there.

Back