• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers System Question

If you want to add a power that does not exist in the wiki then it would require some approval: if its common enough across fiction then it may be added. If what you want is add a group of powers, traits and abilities granted by a power system from a verse, one generally create a blog explaining how it works and then link it to the profiles.

Can you elaborate on the question, please? I‘m not sure I understand.

Are you asking if you can add ‘powers’ that we don’t have on the Wiki onto a characters profile?

Edit: Dang Anton’s fast lol

If you want to add a power that does not exist in the wiki then it would require some approval: if its common enough across fiction then it may be added. If what you want is add a group of powers, traits and abilities granted by a power system from a verse, one generally create a blog explaining how it works and then link it to the profiles.
So, for example, Soul Manipulation.
Can't I give my character sub-potencies of this power, like Soul Removal, Soul Solidification, etc.?

I also can't add others that don't have a profile on this wiki like Paradox Manipulation or Oil Manipulation?

Can you elaborate on the question, please? I‘m not sure I understand.

Are you asking if you can add ‘powers’ that we don’t have on the Wiki onto a characters profile?

Edit: Dang Anton’s fast lol
The question is if I can add powers that don't have a profile on this wiki. Paradox Manipulation, Supernatural Fertility for example.

So, for example, Soul Manipulation.
Can't I give my character sub-potencies of this power, like Soul Removal, Soul Solidification, etc.?

I also can't add others that don't have a profile on this wiki like Paradox Manipulation or Oil Manipulation?
For this, I feel like specific variations of powers are best put in the Techniques and Applications section of the profile. For example, if Generic Man A can cause a Paradox to undo certain events, we put Causality Manip on his Profile and say ‘Paradox Manipulation: Generic Man A can cause paradoxes onto events to undo them, making it so they never happened’ or something like that.

Soul Removal would just be Soul Manipulation, but we explain it as ‘Generic Man A can remove the souls from peoples bodies’. Alternatively, you can just list Soul Removal and link it to the Soul Manipulation page.

I wouldn't really advise it.
Brawl makes a good point. If this is FCOC related I would stick with what's on VSB. If it's a "relevant" enough ability that doesn't have an FCOC counterpart I'd also recommend importing the VSB page to FCOC. I've done that myself with a few pages.

Back