• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerless - Role Play Thread

(RIP Moonshine. Time to do @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch one last favour)
"I guess she grew bored of sitting in the ship all the time. Well, that leaves the two of us. While they're out there, we can surveil the surroundings and alert them to any dangers. You wouldn't mind keeping me company, right?", the Doctor asked Moon without looking at him, expecting an answer only to be met with the sound of something hitting the metal floor of the ship, hard.

"Moon?", he turned around to find the scout with his face planted to the ground. "Oh no.", he instantly rushed over to check on him.

"Hey, are you alright? Answer me! Moon! Wake up!", he checked for a pulse. Nothing. He examined him closely to find any injury.

A concussion... He hit his head during the crash... His body was running on its last surge of adrenaline... He was going to die one way or another... Somehow, that machine did not detect it...

"Everyone. Moonshine has been KIA. Cause of death is traumatic brain injury. I repeat, Moonshine has passed away.", he sent a voice message to the rest of the squad before carrying Moon to the medical bay.

Last edited:
(RIP Moonshine. Time to do @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch one last favour)
"I guess she grew bored of sitting in the ship all the time. Well, that leaves the two of us. While they're out there, we can surveil the surroundings and alert them to any dangers. You wouldn't mind keeping me company, right?", the Doctor asked Moon without looking at him, expecting an answer only to be met with the sound of something hitting the metal floor of the ship, hard.

"Moon?", he turned around to find the scout with his face planted to the ground. "Oh no.", he instantly rushed over to check on him.

"Hey, are you alright? Answer me! Moon! Wake up!", he checked for a pulse. Nothing. He examined him closely to find any injury.

A concussion... He hit his head during the crash... His body was running on its last surge of adrenaline... He was going to die one way or another... Somehow, that machine did not detect it...

"Everyone. Moonshine has been KIA. Cause of death is traumatic brain injury. I repeat, Moonshine has passed away.", he sent a voice message to the rest of the squad before carrying Moon to the medical bay.
"Thats what f*cking happens when you goof around like damn moron, as well as thinking that flipping and dancing is good enough for a job like this...."

Harshly badmouthed about him and for good reason, given all she remembered about him doing around during their exploration and the insect invasion and now the forced landing, had all the right to call him out of these, since he died now too

"Anyway, might as well use that body for bait if the bugs are a hungry and come after us by some bad luck"

"Oh shit, someone else check yourself in case you ever feel bad, to prevent something similar from happening" Nick said when he found out what happened to Moon.

"And that is something very extreme, is dead yeah but what with use it as Bait in the first minute after his dead?"

"Oh shit, someone else check yourself in case you ever feel bad, to prevent something similar from happening" Nick said when he found out what happened to Moon.

"And that is something very extreme, is dead yeah but what with use it as Bait in the first minute after his dead?"
"I wouldnt bother to carry his dead ass body anymore, might as well put it to use, insects wont deny free food if handed to them, thats for the chsnce we deal with them again"

Says through her comms

"I wouldnt bother to carry his dead ass body anymore, might as well put it to use, insects wont deny free food if handed to them, thats for the chsnce we deal with them again"

Says through her comms
Nick just shook his head in surrender at the woman's words, Moon was already dead, so he wasn't going to object so much, if he were alive there, Nick obviusly would say no but that is not the case here.

@Backbackback @azontr
Slowly their vision began to change because the storm was passing, the dust began to disappear and it was easier to see, they were in what appears to be a residential area, there were vehicles on the ground, overturned and corroded by the passage of time.

After the Doctor brought Moon to the medical bay and laid him on a table, he would check again just to make sure the youngest of the team was truly done for. Once it was certain, he removed his equipment and exo-suit before placing him in a bag that could preserve his corpse for at least several days.

Says through her comms
"No one is being fed to the insects unless I say so. How about you focus on not getting yourself killed as well?", he responded to her in a neutral tone.

Moon's decease didn't have as much of an effect on him as he expected. Maybe he hadn't gotten to know him much, or maybe he had just grown desensitized after having witnessed and delivered his own fair share of deaths. Nonetheless, he decided to take Moon's Gravity Belt and Intelligent Gloves, both for his own personal use and so that he had something to remember him by.

"No one is being fed to the insects unless I say so. How about you focus on not getting yourself killed as well?", he responded to her in a neutral tone.
"I had a dangerous style in the past, full of all sorts of life and death situations buddy, dont place me under the same umbrella as that disposable corpse you got there, so zip it"

Responded back, closing her comms to their chat ending the convo

"I had a dangerous style in the past, full of all sorts of life and death situations buddy, dont place me under the same umbrella as that disposable corpse you got there, so zip it"

Responded back, closing her comms to their chat ending the convo
He simply sighed upon reading her reply while making his way over to the main control room.

(@Javenplayz253) "Garret, how is that second drone going? I'll use it to look around and make sure we don't miss anything. Can you put a gun on it too? It's to reduce the likelihood of it getting shot down again and serve as a distraction if needed. Also, give the cameras a little upgrade while you're at it.", he texted as he began spectating the group.

[JAEL] text long to [everyone]: Ideally, he deserves a proper burial. But what else can I assist with at the moment?

[JAEL] text long to [everyone]: Ideally, he deserves a proper burial. But what else can I assist with at the moment?
She saw what they wrote so she replies to Jael immediately upon reading it in full

"We gotta secure the perimeter of the ship, so lets not waste any time"

Slowly their vision began to change because the storm was passing, the dust began to disappear and it was easier to see, they were in what appears to be a residential area, there were vehicles on the ground, overturned and corroded by the passage of time.
@Backbackback

"Owner, we seem to have entered enemy territory, or at least approached it. As the elemental mass is fading, we will be noticeable. What is your plan of action, Owner?

"Owner, we seem to have entered enemy territory, or at least approached it. As the elemental mass is fading, we will be noticeable. What is your plan of action, Owner?
"Synchronize information with my visuals. Scan the physical area pronto. We'll then relay and make a mini map.."

Landing gracefully as she ran on a building wall, sliding down.

"Synchronize information with my visuals. Scan the physical area pronto. We'll then relay and make a mini map.."

Landing gracefully as she ran on a building wall, sliding down.
The machine nods.

"I will be sharing my vision with you now. Please prepare your neurons.

She shares her enhanced view of the world with her Owner; everything seems to be in unreasonably high-definition for a few moments. The machine then proceeds to scan as much of the area as she can "pronto", which in turn relays the information to her Owner.

"Scan complete. Breaking visual connection. Data has been transferred to Owner module.

The machine nods.

"I will be sharing my vision with you now. Please prepare your neurons.

She shares her enhanced view of the world with her Owner; everything seems to be in unreasonably high-definition for a few moments. The machine then proceeds to scan as much of the area as she can "pronto", which in turn relays the information to her Owner.

"Scan complete. Breaking visual connection. Data has been transferred to Owner module.
Much like a second to the third pair of arms, so too would her eyes be the same- in this case- thanks to Cy lending her its vision.

"Yep," blinking twice for confirmation, seeing what she needs to.

Running to the side, hidden in the alley, she'd pull out a staff of sorts from her hips.

"Data received. Thanks." patting the machine.

A paw went through the wall, being only a few centimeters from Chrome's face, the paw looked almost like an insectoid claw.

Slowly the wall collapsed, revealing an insect almost 4 meters long and 3 meters tall that looked at both of them before letting out a screech. It was the mutated version of the dung beetle Onthophagus taurus. The basic beetle of this species has the resistance equivalent to a person capable of lifting two eighteen-size trucks fully loaded wheels, a mutated version taken to the extreme during years of battle and survival, let's just say it wasn't easy.

The creature tried to move its legs to crush both

A paw went through the wall, being only a few centimeters from Chrome's face, the paw looked almost like an insectoid claw.

Slowly the wall collapsed, revealing an insect almost 4 meters long and 3 meters tall that looked at both of them before letting out a screech. It was the mutated version of the dung beetle Onthophagus taurus. The basic beetle of this species has the resistance equivalent to a person capable of lifting two eighteen-size trucks fully loaded wheels, a mutated version taken to the extreme during years of battle and survival, let's just say it wasn't easy.

The creature tried to move its legs to crush both
Dodging out of the way, thanks to both her analysis and her agility, she immediately points one of her fingers towards the beetle, a line appearing between her and it as she sends a slash (a sharp wire) towards it.

"Cy, analysis," she ordered, the soft hint of her voice transitioning into a deep one.

The bioarmor was barely marked, mainly due to the cutting nature but it lacked raw power, it would be like an ax hitting a block of steel, it could do a better job than hitting a bat against the block but it won't destroy it or leave more than a simple brand

Dodging out of the way, thanks to both her analysis and her agility, she immediately points one of her fingers towards the beetle, a line appearing between her and it as she sends a slash (a sharp wire) towards it.

"Cy, analysis," she ordered, the soft hint of her voice transitioning into a deep one.
The machine nodded.

"Commencing analysis of enemy subject..."

She was silent for a few moments.

"Analysis complete. Defeating this creature on our own is likely not possible. By my estimations, we have a 90% chance of death if engaged in direct combat, due to the density of its armor. Suggestion: use your wires to wrap around its legs, for the purpose of throwing the enemy subject off balance momentarily. Then, seek out assistance from comrades."

The machine nodded.

"Commencing analysis of enemy subject..."

She was silent for a few moments.

"Analysis complete. Defeating this creature on our own is likely not possible. By my estimations, we have a 90% chance of death if engaged in direct combat, due to the density of its armor. Suggestion: use your wires to wrap around its legs, for the purpose of throwing the enemy subject off balance momentarily. Then, seek out assistance from comrades."
"Any weak points we should prioritize?" she asks again.

(The only weak points that I can realistically think of are the connections of the limbs to the rest of the body, like getting in the middle where one part curves)
----------
(this below is only for the people who are taking care of the ship)

From the outside, someone was walking towards the ship, he had a shotgun and was carrying something around his neck, surprisingly he didn't have any defensive equipment, he seemed out of place, like a guinea rabbit.

"Any weak points we should prioritize?" she asks again.
"It is possible to further disable the enemy subject by aiming for the joints; where the the subject's limbs connect to the rest of its torso. With the thin nature of your wires, such a strategy is possible. However, it is risky. Owner, I do not recommend such a plan. But if it is the plan you choose to take, then I will provide assistance."

"It is possible to further disable the enemy subject by aiming for the joints; where the the subject's limbs connect to the rest of its torso. With the thin nature of your wires, such a strategy is possible. However, it is risky. Owner, I do not recommend such a plan. But if it is the plan you choose to take, then I will provide assistance."
"Risk is something I'm known for, Cy~" not really getting any origin behind that joke, but a reply regardless.

Thus, after putting the machine down, she activated Plasma Pike- a custom spear emitting energy. Eyeing the specific parts that her machine pointed out, the joints. With that in mind, she charged forward and assumed a motion of thrust.

That is one goddamn beast. Perhaps...
(@Backbackback, @azontr) "Tosho, I suppose that you and your 'gift' can handle that walking tank on your own? If so, aim for incapacitation. We want it alive. If anything goes wrong, I'll send Jael over to help you guys. Good luck.", the Doctor sent her a private message upon seeing what the two of them were dealing with.

From the outside, someone was walking towards the ship, he had a shotgun and was carrying something around his neck, surprisingly he didn't have any defensive equipment, he seemed out of place, like a guinea rabbit.
"Someone just showed up. Keep your distance. It might be a trap.", he informed his teammates who were outside.

Last edited:
The machine floats in the air, keeping it's arms hovering near its Owner (@Backbackback) in case any injuries occured. It prepared itself to either manually administer basic first-aid or nanomachine treatment to completely replace damaged tissue, or damaged metal, in this case.

The creature moves its paw to avoid the spear instinctively, before flapping its wings, pushing towards Thoso in a lunge.

The creature moves its paw to avoid the spear instinctively, before flapping its wings, pushing towards Thoso in a lunge.
That, however, was a pump-fake. As the motion she made was just a motion and not an actual thrust. This causes the creature to land right into a trap that she prepared, as she ducked underneath it to create a thin net of strings aimed directly at it's joints and wings.

That, however, was a pump-fake. As the motion she made was just a motion and not an actual thrust. This causes the creature to land right into a trap that she prepared, as she ducked underneath it to create a thin net of strings aimed directly at it's joints and wings.
The creature used its front paws that functioned as biological claws cutting through the thread holding back the front of its body, moving forward to escape the rest of its body

The creature used its front paws that functioned as biological claws cutting through the thread holding back the front of its body, moving forward to escape the rest of its body
From behind, she'd leap up and wrap more strings- specifically to those that were cut by its claws, planning to have it get caught in between of its joints for her to immobilize.

The creature would manage to grab one of its threads and firmly place its legs, before making an opposite and superior force, rotating on its axis so that Chrome would be pulled by her own thread and crash into a wall.

"Someone just showed up. Keep your distance. It might be a trap.", he informed his teammates who were outside.
Rox opened her comms again to try informing others, but then she heard the Doc do so already

"Unless you trigger it, its basically harmless"

Pointed out as she puts her left arm in front with the palm open, she was giving the person coming here a stop sign basically, her other hand was placed behind one of her Combi-Energy weapons, at ready to pull if it gets messy

"Hold it right there buddy! What are you trying to do here all alone with a weapon in hands?"

The creature would manage to grab one of its threads and firmly place its legs, before making an opposite and superior force, rotating on its axis so that Chrome would be pulled by her own thread and crash into a wall.
I've already seen that.

Partly due to both Cy's analysis and her own capacity to predict movements from the way they move, simply letting go of her strings was enough to throw a wrench in this attempt. Instead, she'd counter the spinning monster with a stab directly to one of it's joints- the arms- with her plasma spear.

I've already seen that.

Partly due to both Cy's analysis and her own capacity to predict movements from the way they move, simply letting go of her strings was enough to throw a wrench in this attempt. Instead, she'd counter the spinning monster with a stab directly to one of it's joints- the arms- with her plasma spear.
The arm was cut but it would be answered by a blow from another of the remaining arm that made her retreat a couple of meters, the blow shook her entire being.
Rox opened her comms again to try informing others, but then she heard the Doc do so already

"Unless you trigger it, its basically harmless"

Pointed out as she puts her left arm in front with the palm open, she was giving the person coming here a stop sign basically, her other hand was placed behind one of her Combi-Energy weapons, at ready to pull if it gets messy

"Hold it right there buddy! What are you trying to do here all alone with a weapon in hands?"
His face was pale, paralyzed eyes looking with a penetrating gaze that would pierce even the toughest of them (Imagine the stare of a thousand yards), He only stopped after being 10 meters from the ship.

His face was pale, paralyzed eyes looking with a penetrating gaze that would pierce even the toughest of them (Imagine the stare of a thousand yards), He only stopped after being 10 meters from the ship.
"Im not gonna ask you the same question again, im willing to give you a chance here for once, what are you planning to do here on your own?"

"Im not gonna ask you the same question again, im willing to give you a chance here for once, what are you planning to do here on your own?"
Nick would look better at the man through a window while his electronic eyes widened and he sent a text to Rox.

"Rox I don't think he hears you, it seems that he is drugged and what he has in his neck is supplied directly to his nervous system" He said, if Rox tuned her hearing at max she could notice how the man's heartbeat was not normal

Nick would look better at the man through a window while his electronic eyes widened and he sent a text to Rox.

"Rox I don't think he hears you, it seems that he is drugged and what he has in his neck is supplied directly to his nervous system" He said, if Rox tuned her hearing at max she could notice how the man's heartbeat was not normal
"His hearbeat is abnormal too, i can hear it beat up in a manner i didnt before"

She was more then willing to shoot at him

"If he is high, i have no reason to speak with him anymore, i will blast his ass"

Tells to Nick in a vocal message, pulling the weapon on her finally and shooting him in head

Back