• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Rangers Dino Charge Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reppuzan said:
Personally, I'm leaning more towards TheEverlasting's and Darkanine's argument.
Power Rangers is not a series known for its subtlety and complexity. When they say something has blown up, it's probably blown up very quickly. I understand that we're not given a timeframe, but given that very few verses say, "we've destroyed galaxies", and then go on to describe how it's done over time.

I know this sounds like a flimsy argument, but it's against the very nature of the show's tone to describe destroying galaxies as blowing up their constituents one at a time.
Nowhere is it said anyone blew up galaxies. Again, the words used are "destroyed" and "devestated", alongside the fact we are not given a timeframe.

A series not being known for its subtlety is not a proper argument. 40k is known for being ridiculously over the top in many aspects. Does this mean when we are given the information "The Tyranids have destroyed a thousand galaxies", we just assume that the Tyranids did this all at once, despite all evidence to the contrary from their behavior, simply because the verse is over the top?

No. Because that would lead to ridiculous inflation and goes against what is established in what we are actually shown of the characters.

I still agree with Azathoth. My apologies to the rest of the staff.

Antvasima said:
I still agree with Azathoth. My apologies to the rest of the staff.
There is no reason to apologize. We are all mature individuals who are simply trying to come to the best possible solution.

True. I am just trying to mediate, as usual.

Since it seems people are leaning towards the downgrades (I disagree but Azzy is making good points), it should be noted that I did calc one of Lord Arcanons feats and ended up with 5-A.

User blog:Darkanine/Power Rangers: Lord Arcanon Destroys Sentai 6

Though personally, I think "At least 5-A, possibly 3-C or far higher" is a decent middle ground since nothing completely debunks their consistent Galaxy busting statements.

By the way, should we change Tyler and Ivans "At least High 6-A" key to "5-B" or "At least 5-B" since only really weak monsters should scale off of Ice Age?

I'm kinda in btw. I agree with Everlasting but Azzy brought some good points. I suppose we can go with Darkanine's compromise with the Ranger's being 5-A with 3-C being a possibility due to the amount of statements made on it.

Darkanine said:
Since it seems people are leaning towards the downgrades (I disagree but Azzy is making good points), it should be noted that I did calc one of Lord Arcanons feats and ended up with 5-A.
User blog:Darkanine/Power Rangers: Lord Arcanon Destroys Sentai 6

Though personally, I think "At least 5-A, possibly 3-C or far higher" is a decent middle ground since nothing completely debunks their consistent Galaxy busting statements.

By the way, should we change Tyler and Ivans "At least High 6-A" key to "5-B" or "At least 5-B" since only really weak monsters should scale off of Ice Age?
Simply due to vagueness, I'd personally be more comfortable with "At least 5-A, likely far higher", if that is okay with you. However, 5-A is definitely the low end, as the feat is extremely casual.

Alright, At least 5-A, likely far higher it is.

Since the Rangers were a fairly consistent match for Fury, even when unmorphed (Riley and Ivan both matched him somewhat), would this make unmorphed Rangers 5-B or 5-A? I originally scaled them to Ice Age since Galaxy level unmorphed Rangers seemed waaaaay to high.

Hmm...maybe? I recall stuff like unmorphed Shelby being able to stun Badussa and knock the amulet out of his hand with a flying kick, but considering the scale of most villains and how many times the morphed Rangers needed to go all out to win against stronger foes, I'm not sure. I'd like to know what others think on that one, too.

I think it would make more sense to leave the Rangers with the 5-A rating only when they are morphed. After all, the reason they were given such powers is to defeat enemies they are unable to in their base forms and it's the only time they were able to destroy such enemies. I believe the only exception are Lily, Theo, and Casey in Jungle Fury climax.

Well, Unmorphed Rangers are still powered by the Energems (That was why Riley and Ivan could match Fury, after all), but I agree 5-A Unmorphed Rangers is a bit much. I think just 5-B is justifiable since they are consistent matches for Sledges crew, they're just not strong enough to fully defeat them.

Good point, though, I would feel more comfortable if 5-B were a possbility since there would be certian times the Rangers unmorphed would get overwhelmed by Fury and the Monster of the Week, despite the amount of times they fought the former. Still, I trust your judgement.

"At least High 6-A (A consistent match for weaker members of Sledges Crew, all of which are considerably stronger than Ice Age, who claimed he could "Freeze the Planet"), possibly 5-B (Can match Fury and other strong members of Sledges crew in brief battles, though are quick to be overwhelmed)

Sound good by you?

So what would the final tiers be?

"High 6-A, possibly 5-B" for unmorphed Rangers?

"Likely 5-B" for lesser monsters who overwhelm their unmorphed forms, but are stomped once they morph?

"At least 5-A, likely far higher" for Arcanon, Sledge, Heckyl, morphed Rangers, etc?

Question, do we consider attack animations as legit attacks? Because IIRC one of the Ultrazords attack animations involves it moving a metric crapload of stars. Another one is Doomwings making a mark on the sun.

Edit: Scaling seems fine to me.

I think in this case, they're just animations. For instance, stuff like the Triassic Ranger sucking his foe into a pocket dimension is shown to be him actually transporting the two of them to a pocket dimension.

Meanwhile, lots of attack animations with no direct explanation show crazy effects, but then afterwards, the surroundings are completely unaffected.

@Azzy

I believe it will be like this:

Unmorphed: 6-A, possibly 5-B (Able to fight and contend with Fury and other monsters who falls under this rating)

Morphed: 5-A (Fought Meteor)

Super Dino Charge: At least 5-A, likely far higher (Fought and defeated Badussa and Heckyl. Manged to contend with Sledge)

@Darkiane

I don't think we should count animations unless they actually play a role in the attack. For all we know, it could be just a creative background change.

I already changed Tylers page. Was tired and not really feeling well in the last few days so I haven't edited the rest.

You can probably change the statistics, yes.

I believe all the changes have already been performed (Haven't checked all the profiles yet). I suppose this can be locked, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back