• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly the smallest SMT Revision

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
This is in regards to Abel form Devil Surivor/Devil Survivor Overclocked. This will not be going over any scaling for stats so I'd appreciate if we stay on topic. This is simply in regards to his intelligence section as I find it quite lacking. Why? Let's consider the following:

"Above average (Capable of understanding Naoya’s plots)"

There's a little more to Naoya's intelligence. Canonically, he's the reincarnation of the Biblical Cain and was punished by YHVH to die and reincarnate entirely as punishment, remembering each and every life he's lived through. Already we know with this information that he's had lifetimes, that provides him with a rather large pool of knowledge. But it goes beyond that. Aside from being a cunning schemer, he is stated a few times to be a genius in the field of computer programming, having implemented the Demon Summoning Program into the COMPs, granting it's users the capabilities of using demon spells as well as harness emotions from the Internet in order to easily summon demons.

Even early on (Pre-Lockdown), Naoya notes that he finds Abel's thought process to be impressive. On Day 5, Naoya once again compliments Abel's intellect.

There were also times where Kazuya along with his friends were easily able to taking on both corrupt police officers and the armoured Japanese Ground SDF soldiers. Not only is there the training of both of these groups to take into account, but there were also using COMPs themselves to have demons aid them in their actions.

Going even further, Kazuya was able to defeat the contenders for the Throne of Bel, who like a good number of demons, have a large amount of experience fighting one another.

On another occasion, Atsuro puts together a math equation (2 to the power of 10) in order to determine to password to his deceased friend's COMP. Once coming up with the equation, Yuzu casually asks Abel what the answer would be. Abel answers this immediately, with Atsuro, a fairly talented computer coder, being surprised at the fact that Abel may've just worked out in his head (do note that you are allowed to answer the question correctly or straight up say you don't know, but given the correct answer is an option, it's reasonable that Abel can figure out the equation).

Obviously this last bit isn't some impossible equation or anything, it's just worth pointing out if as a lesser intelligence feat.

My proposal is this:

"Genius (His thought process has been complimented by Naoya, a programming genius with several lifetimes of knowledge having been reincarnated for thousands of years whilst keeping all his prior memories in tact, who implemented the Demon Summoning Program into the COMPs. Easily defeated corrupt police officers and Japanese Ground SDF soldiers who were aided by demons under their command. Immediately solved an exponent math equation in his head much to the surprise of Atsuro Kihara, a talent computer programmer. In certain paths, he either serves as the Ultimate Messiah of YHVH or as the King of Demons. Capable of defeating the contenders for the Throne of Bel, all of which have a vast quantity of combat experience against other demons)"

Thoughts? (And once again, this is strictly for the intelligence)

Last edited:
Beware the profiles suck, we are aware of this, we are working to fix the verse. A CRT is dropping in about 10 minutes, so, I wouldn't exactly keep this open for now, as we're reconstructing the profiles afterward.

I apologize about my unfortunate timing. I had no clue a CRT was coming soon.

Back