• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly extremely powerful speed feat for Rhulk, Disciple of the Witness (Destiny)

I know that Destiny threads aren't very popular here for some reason, but I can't help but point this one out because it seemed pretty relevant.

In the Preservation mission, Rhulk speaks to you about one of his encounters with the Leviathan. This is part of the actual dialogue spoken in the game.

The speed feat is told at around the 1 minute mark.

In an "infinitesimal" measurement of time, he ripped out a rib from said Leviathan and threw the beast away with his other hand. And you can clearly see from the rib shown in the footage that the Leviathan was a VERY big creature.

As far as I know, the smallest instance of time ever recorded is a zeptosecond, which is the equivalent to 0.000000000000000 000001 second. But we can go smaller than that. The smallest possible theoretical measurement of time is called the Planck second, the equivalent of 0.000000000 000000000000000000000000000000 00001 second. That's.... A lot of zeroes. This is described as "the time it would take a photon travelling at the speed of light to cross a distance equal to one Planck length."

Now assuming Rhulk wasn't just talking out of his ass, that would mean that in the span of time it would take for a photon to travel the distance of a single Planck unit, this guy managed to rip out a rib from the Leviathan's body and then proceed to toss said body aside.

And again, this is also assuming that this measurement is what Rhulk meant, and not that he quite literally mutilated a building sized beast in a literal instant, basically making his speed Infinite.

So... is it safe to say FTL+ and Massively FTL+ Destiny can be a thing?

Considering Rhulk's ego, his tendency to talk fancily and the fact that no other feat in Destiny even approaches this level of speed, I think it's safe to say that this statement can be disregarded.

Considering Rhulk's ego, his tendency to talk fancily and the fact that no other feat in Destiny even approaches this level of speed, I think it's safe to say that this statement can be disregarded.
Fair enough. Still, what tier would you rate Rhulk scaling him off of other characters? Aside from that one lore piece of him blowing up his own sun and half of his planet I haven't seen much else to his feats.

At least Low 5-B, likely 4-B in material space through upscaling, 2-B outside of material space for being the strongest enemy we've faced.

Back