• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Wiki Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Can someone please tell me what's happening or what I did wrong? Everytime I visit any wiki at all(not just this one), I'm automatically sent to a website called findingresults.com. It's getting infuriating and I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem since it's been happening for days now. Typing this message is already difficult as it is since I'm always pressing the cancel button and I can't make a new page because of it.

Its been fine on my end too. Maybe its an ad redirect? IIRC You can turn off ads in the Wikia settings, you can also use adblock if you need.

Assuming you're using a PC by chance now, you hover over your icon and you see a list of options to go to. Go to the one that says "My Preferences".

When you hit it there, go to the bottom that says "Ads" and set it to don't show ads or something along those lines. Then you save your preferences and by then and there, you should not have any ads anymore.

I've had something similar to this happen to me before (I think). Is there any indication to something that says "DNS Unlocker"?

Jeez, my Anti-Virus software does not like that site. You may want to perform a system scan just to be safe.

Seems to me like it's a redirect virus.You can try scanning your pc via antivirus, or go around google for solutions on how to remove it.

Also, check for add-ons on your browser that you don't remember adding.

Yes. Please use a good antivirus scan in safe mode.

Yeah my anti-virus also does not like that site. You may have adware or malware. Do as Antvasima instructed.

This was happening to me too, especially on mobile.

As other have instructed, a good antivirus scan in safe mode will do. Btw, which antivirus do you use btw?

If several people are affected, perhaps somebody in the staff should contact Wikia about it.

@Lina, I use 2 antivirus atm, though they tend to interfere with each other, but I don't get much in the way of viruses.

Personally though, I like McAfee.

It does sound like adware. Had a similiar experience before. check your extensions in your internet browser and look for suspicious looking extensions, google it and see if it's adware and remove it.

also may want to view "uninstall a program" if you're on windows (theres probably the equivalent of this feature on other OS) and check for any recent suspicous looking programs.

I should also note that when I had my previous problem, my Anti-Virus software (McAfee) didn't locate the problem, whereas my Anti-Malware software (Malwarebytes) did.

Kirkburn from Fandom Support here. This isn't a malware issue - one of the analytics tool providers we with work (VisualDNA) with had a misconfiguration issue on their end Friday, which has been fixed. However, it seems the issue is lingering for some visitors - the technical team are looking into why.

Apologies for this issue if you're still being affected!

The issue is no longer present, so I can finally make the page. Thank you all for your concern, everybody. Highly appreciate it.

@Kirkburn It's gone for now, though. Thank you for informing me the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back