• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrekAnakin

He/Him
Ok, so I feel we can possibly boost Street Fighter mid tiers to City level, as Ryu in the Alpha series was not a high tier in the series at that point, and contended with Guile, Chun Li, and Cammy tiers, who can reasonably scale to this https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ats_-_Ryu_charged_up_for_M._Bison#Hong_Kong_2
as Ryu did it at the time he was a mid tier. There are possible calcs to put High tiers higher, but I'll save that for a future CRT of mine. Regardless, I think Mid tiers being bumped to City could work out. And maybe boost them to Massively Hypersonic+ for still keeping up with high tiers in speed at least.

But for high tier AP, I think they can reasonably scale to Akuma destroying the Island as shown in here http://web.archive.org/web/20170118...entry/akumas-chop-energy-streetfighter.18008/

Anyways, lets see how this goes.

I disagree, for reasons that I wanted to explain in my own CRTs (3, to be precise) that I'm planning to do from months.

I'm still waiting for a supersonic+ speed calc, because I wanted to bring everything at the same time, though I may accelerate the things.

But two CRTs at the same time are forbidden (the speed one is paused), so I'm not sure what I should do (I don't want to get past you), explaining here the reasons why I disagree it would be like writing here all the stuff I wanted to use for my CRT.

If my disagreement can't be counted, then ignore me, I will make my own revisions once this is finished.

Last edited:
First of all, Guile, Chun Li and Cammy arent characters near the levels of power of Ryu, them scaling to him isnt gonna happen ever

No.....only those that clearly are scaling to Akuma get a rating out of him, which isnt the case for Ryu (except Evil Ryu/Kage) and those in his league, let alone the calc got questioned way back, the island wasnt pulverized and we see chunks of rock still fall in the background, its fragmentation so its not accurate to use

Plus it got recalced as well and its results are below even Ryu calc

What I'm saying is that Ryu in the Alpha series was a Mid tier at that pont. In the later games he was a High tier.

Wasn't Sakura stated to be = to Ryu in one of the Alpha games though? She's definately a mid tier

Ok, so I feel we can possibly boost Street Fighter mid tiers to City level, as Ryu in the Alpha series was not a high tier in the series at that point, and contended with Guile, Chun Li, and Cammy tiers, who can reasonably scale to this https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ats_-_Ryu_charged_up_for_M._Bison#Hong_Kong_2
as Ryu did it at the time he was a mid tier. There are possible calcs to put High tiers higher, but I'll save that for a future CRT of mine. Regardless, I think Mid tiers being bumped to City could work out. And maybe boost them to Massively Hypersonic+ for still keeping up with high tiers in speed at least.

But for high tier AP, I think they can reasonably scale to Akuma destroying the Island as shown in here http://web.archive.org/web/20170118...entry/akumas-chop-energy-streetfighter.18008/

Anyways, lets see how this goes.
I'm gonna have to agree with Saman and Black. As much as I'd love a 7-B Chun-Li, it seems highly unlikely to actually happen.

Alpha 3 stories aren't reliable, you find such claims in all of them.
In Dan's story he beats Chun-Li and she admits to have been defeated.
And in the same story Sakura is even stronger than Ryu, since she almost defeats Bison, while Ryu got stomped.

At the time SF's story was much more loose than now and they didn't care of setting up a very clear consistency, thing that they started doing in the first SF4.

Also just like any fighting game, which story/ending and how much of it to be taken in consideration is case by case, characters that beat a final boss never are legit, either cuz of consistency or the lore having a clear winner

No (regarding canonicity), because all of them have a different ending.

The canon one is that Ryu gets brainwashed by Bison, who wants to steal his body, and unleashes the Satsui no Hado.
However, Sagat (and possibly even Ken and Sakura) help him snap out of the mind control, and Ryu, using the Satsui, kills Bison.
In the meanwhile, Guile and Chun-Li enable the self destruction of the Shadaloo Base where the Psycho Drive is.

This comes from the old guides, but has been also confirmed by the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (2017), which contains profiles for every character and describes how the events actually went during the games (accounting even SF4 and 5).

I want to point out that Blackdarkness and ZoroNotZolo also agree with me, just to not make it look like I'm shutting down the thread.
(I'm also very close to make my own series of SF CRTs, give me two or three more weeks to get rid of IRL stuff)

Regarding the rest, I don't think this thread will go anywhere further, I guess it can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back