• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Sackboy Revisions?

Firstly, I'd like to congradulate the LBP Community for making it thus far. Your levels rock, keep up the good work!

Now for the reasons why...

Firstly, Sackboy as of LBP3 (My guilty Pleasure.), is partially capable of turning a level into Create Mode with the Popit Powerup; allowing for mild time manipulation, & is even capable of Popit features not normally seen in gameplay.

He is also capable of the Sackpocket, which has 5 Default powerups he can use on the fly, but he can create his own Sackpocket items for whatever reason; let it be a Lightsaber, a gun that shoots explosives at a fast rate, etc.

The organizatron though, is merely useless, so I'll refrain from it.

The Scuba Gear allows for Sackboy to practically thrive underwater, allowing for Oxygen Manipulation. Dunno if the sackpocket can be used if the Scuba Gear can't be removed...

Also, "Weaponator"? What kind of name is that? I don't remember any powerup with that name. That should be revised to conform to current standards. Creatinator, Grappling Hook, the Superhero Cape of the DC Pack even would be better revising ideas in case anyone should update... With that said, this could add for more abilities for Sackboy. One other Idea of note is that as of LBP3, Logic exists to encase Sackboy of many of the primary hazards: Electricity, Fire, Plasma, etc.

This is going to be a big revision, stats would probably remain the same, unless someone can provide a feat for Sackboy that makes him BEYOND Planet Level. Aside from that, if anyone wishes to research this further, the page is here: Sackboy

One more thing, It should be noted that Sackboy can be female as well. So maybe Sackperson would be a better name? If not, someone should supply a Sackgirl image as well.

Later...

Can you show this time manipulation? I don't think using scuba gear qualifies for oxygen manipulation, that's just putting oxygen in a can and then breathing it. Everyone can do that.

Wouldn't the Sackpopet just be more equipment he can use? Same with the Creatinator, Grappling Hook, and Superhero Cape.

I'm not sure why Sackboy being encased in Electricity/Fire/Plasma would mean he has more abilities.

I think that LordXcano makes sense.

Here's the time manipulation, among other things here. Actually it's Mild Time Control; My bad.

Vid by EpicLBPTime. You can find the other Popit Puzzles in the link.

OK, Oxygen Manipulation is probably false, but a regular scuba tank can only hold so much oxygen. Sackboy's Scuba Gear is capable of infinite Oxygen when equipped.

True, The Sackpocket would mean more equipment, but given how the Popit Power-up allows for sheer adaptability (It can contain the Goodies & Tools Bag options.), Sackboy would probably be able to make more equipment if he wanted, despite only fitting 5 at a time...

Okay, I guess I understand your final point, Xcano, though the Popit Power-up can contain the Tools Bag, allowing for the Use of Logic. There is an item in the Tools Bag that allows Sackboy to Lethalize himself (Though I agree lethalizing objects is more useful...)

With that said, I guess the Organizatron does have one use: It gives Sackboy a set of tasks (Some optional) to complete his goals...

This is going to be tougher than I thought...

@BMHK I do not have good enough internet to watch videos right now. Could you give a summary of what everything does and what powers you think those would qualify for?

@Xcano: I currently am not at my PS4 (Yes, there's a PRO version; however, I don't have a 4k TV.) as it is currently at my dad's (Who is currently experimenting with the Tutorials, & Logic.

With that said, there is alot Sackboy can do...

The Popit Powerup allows Sackboy to Use tools from Create Mode (My Moon basically, but in gameplay form.) including the Tools Bag, which has Sensors, Logic, even other Power-ups (Not sure about the ever outclassed Paintinator.). Plus, it has Time Control in the form of pausing, and unpausing Time, and even Rewinding, and Fast-Foward, the former of which Sackboy can use to retry his/her attempts to complete levels. HIGHLY adaptable.

The Superhero Cape of DC Comics Premium Level Kit can dive, and allow for Mild Flight. But only the dive is capable of the straight flight position; the farther down, the better.

All I can say for the Skateboard from the Back to the Future Kit is: It's useless in anything besides grinding on Rails. Possibly even on Lines...

The Creatinator is like an emitter, except as a Powerup. It uses Upper Hemisphere aim, and you can "create" what you need by using an object as the ammo. It also can use Water, and some hazards for combat. It recently got an alternate form as a Gun (Possibly a shout-out to the Paintinator.).

The Scuba Gear allows Sackboy infinite oxygen, allowing him to thrive underwater. "Able to Breathe Underwater (With Scuba Gear)" might be decent...

The Grabinator would be the difference of Sackboy's Lifting Strength potential. It can lift a grabbable object, no matter how heavy. I'm currently unsure if Sackboy can grab a grabbable material, mixed with, say, Wood/Metal at some parts...

The Organizertron is capable of Noting Sackboy's Current triumphs and goals. Easily some kind of Manipulation I dunno, but it is rarely ever used unless if it can be used.

There is so much about Sackboy, the Popit Puzzles aren't enough. This will take a while to talk about... Hope this helps for now...

@BMHK What do the Sensors and Logic in Create Mode do? Time manipulation seems fine from what you described though.

I suppose some level of flight could be added from the description of the cape. I'd say it'd be restricted flight with an item.

Skateboard doesn't seem like a power then, just a skateboard.

Creatinator doesn't seem like a power either, just an adaptable gun. That could be added as equipment though.

Already said my bit on the Scuba Gear, but what you said sounds reasonable.

If you can find the largest thing Grabinator can lift you could add "Class (Whichever) with Grabinator" after you get a calc done. Just "higher with Grabinator" should do for now though.

Organizertron just seems like a journal tbh.

The Logic can do quite a boatload; It can add sensors that can tweak Gravity on objects, Global Options, add timers that can be used as a personal Healthbar for other things, add Danger, whether it be explosives, or even the usual killing effects that kill Sackboy. There are too many things Logic can do, I would mention the Music Sequencer, which allows the creation of tunes, but I'm unsure how Sound Manipulation can do anything besides Non-Combat ability...

Yeah, Restricted Flight would be good; The Cape is better at diving at high heights and the flight in general is extremely restricted; it NEEDS that height advantage.

Up until the Grabinator thing, I concur.

Keep in mind I'm not on my PS4 right now. We're dealing with 15 layers now is opposed to the usual 3. I'll see how much the Thermometer can fit before room overheats, and, I'll have to be under the assumption Material categories scale in their own categories in terms of weight. I'll get to the PS4 in the future (My dad lives far for my standards.), for now, I wonder how to attack this...

Finally, I concur with the Organizertron as well; it's just simply used to remember goals. Not even a combat ability...

Thanks again so far. I seriously would potentially make a Mmverse in the future if I wanted...

@BMHK It sounds like Logic would qualify for gravity manipulation and explosion manipulation. I don't think playing music through an object qualifies for anything though unless you are just spinning it out of thin air.

I'm going to have to wait until I go to my dad's to explore Logic further. I know, however that Logic can do MUCH more. I'll have to wait to be sure for now.

Yeah, I'll have to say touche about the Music Sequencer. If there's anything I learned from the Wonderful World (Verse) so far, and Pale (Wonderful World) for that matter: Creation is not AP potential. Now I think about it, I should probably revise some things about the verse...

I just tweeted the LBP account regarding the overall size of Create Mode in terms of certain factors. IF Metal can be lifted, given there is Grabable material in the mix, Sackboy is definetely very powerful in terms of lifting things with the Grabinator.

I hope to get an answer soon...

Good Night, Xcano.

@BMHK I'm pretty sure there's dimensions given in-game for the size of things. Or at least Sackboy has a known height form which the levels could be scaled.

@Xcano: Sackboy has been confirmed from the start to be 8cm. I'll actually be using Create Mode for this. Previously there were 3 layers, but since the 100 Layer Glitch, this has since increased to 15. I dunno about the slate of Create Mode's overall height or length. I call this theorem the XYZ effect. X & Y for length & height. Z for Width of the 15 Layers. Sackboy is definitely only capable of 3 Dimensions at max. Nothing special compared to those capable of 4D Universal stuff. Besides, Sackboy still hasn't shown any feats beyond Planet Level. Though I would guess the Popit Powerup could be capable of Global Tweaking as well, though I haven't tested this yet. If this is the case, he might even be capable of Environmental Manipulation (Turning Day to Night on the fly, creating Water out of nowhere, even going Monochrome as an option.). Unfortunately, this isn't an attack ability, but I would assume this is some kind of H4X; not sure though.

Dang, there is ALOT to speak about Sackthing to the point where it deserves their own topic...

@BMHK I think the best course of action to getting the Grabinator's lifting strength would be to place it in a level and then stick a whole bunch of metal together until the Grabinator can lift it no more. Then take a picture of that object and send it here to be calc'd.

Is turning day to night something you can use in levels or is it something you use while making one? Because that would differentiate it from an ability and just messing with game settings.

@Xcano: My best plan of attack is to probably fill an entire area to MAX out the Thermometor, then add the tiniest bit of some grabbable material onto all that metal possible so it can still be lifted. I could do that on LBPVITA, but 3 Layers isn't the same as 15, so, another week to wait...

The Global Tweaker (Originally from the Pirates of the Carribean Premium Level Kit.) is an individual Logic, but it can cause more than Orbit Manipulation. It can also mess with colors as a whole; Land, & Water. So while it's not technically like a solar system manipulating concept, It CAN mess with the colors of the entire area within the tracker where the Global Tweaker can detect Sackboy. More Enviromental Manipulation I guess...

Unfortunately, I'm unsure if the Popit Power-up can do this also. Looks like I have ALOT of work to do later...

With all this noted, what should I do to edit Sackboy's page without ruining it? There are stuff I want to add to his Powers & Abilities. Ideas, anyone? I also want to add the Grabitron lifting strength ideas despite not having a calc prepared yet.

Later.

I don't think we have anything like Color Manipulation but I suppose you could add it if you explained it.

You can go ahead and edit the page, I assumed you were doing that already. Just put in all the powers agreed upon for now until I can find that thread where DT explained how to put explanations as little spoiler tabs that don't fill up the page.

I'll see if I have time in the morning. Although I'm guessing another Stream will happen in the morning Eastern Standard Time. Not going there. Anyways, I wonder how useful Color Manipulation is as competitive H4X... If it's useless, I just won't use it. I'll see what other relevent Logic can be used as competitive abilities for ol' Sackboy.

Good Night.

I'm still wondering how Color Manipulation works... Sackboy can use it via the Global Tweaker's Color Correction option. The Global Tweaker is also capable of creating Water, and adding color &/or Murkiness to it. He could even make fog if he wanted, he can even choose what part of the day it is (Sans time.). The current Question is: Does the Popit Power Up have that option?

I'll see what I can fit...

I'd say it'd be a good idea to wait until you can get back on your PS so that we don't put in anything that might just've been remembered wrong.

Heading to the house of interest where LBP3 awaits. I'll post a pic with Sackboy with the Grabinator holding the largest slab of metal it can. I'll catch up to you later.

bump

Apparently the Grabinators are pathetic. They can only budge the metal when I put a sponge grip. I even used a Physics Tweaker to see what weight is required for the object to even move. I ended up getting 6.6 in weight. Out of over Hundreds of THOUSANDS of weight in the object alone. (I actually covered most of the empty space with Basic Metal as the Basic Materials are templates for items of their category.) I'll see if a sponge floor makes things any better. BRB.

Update: I was wrong. It wasn't hundreds of thousands in weight. It was no less than 7MILLION. and adding a sponge base didn't make it any better. I'd say we keep Sackboy's lifting strength the way it is for now...

FINALLY, an update. Here's what I learned this weekend.

Firstly, The Popit Powerup is Sackboy's most powerful powerup, as it can use tools you would normally have Sackboy having to be in create mode to access them. The Danger Tweaker can be used by it to set objects on fire, lighting, plasma, ang Fart. The popit powerup can also bring out some Powerups that are useful in a given situation. Sackboy would have to require prep-time to get his best tools ready. the Popit Powerup can alter Weight via Physics Tweaker, Gravity via Gravity Tweaker, and the Grabinator sucks. All apologies for the cuss, but if it requires an EXCRUCIATINGLY low weight to even budge, the cuss is deserved.

Bonus Fact, Dimenisional Travel via Vitanator is OBSOLETE as of LBP3.

So there. That's what I learned. Any questions?

Back