• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible revision for WWE characters Stamina

Shouldn't their stamina change from Peak Human to Superhuman?
Many wrestlers have fought for almost an hour, see an hour, without rest, especially during Royal Rumble.

Randy Orton and Edge at Backlash 2020 fought for 44:45, and at Bragging Rights 2009 Orton and Cena fought for 60:00 minutes in an Iron man match.
I don't think normal humans can fight all this time without rest.

I'm pretty sure fighting for an hour isn't superhuman.

Daniel Bryan has the longest lasting time in the Royal Rumble at 76:05.

Jericho (who already has a profile) was noted on the fact that he lasted 60:13 in the Royal Rumble.

Most fights IRL last a few minutes at best.

I agree with the verse's stamina being upgraded to Superhuman.

Lasting a whole entire hour in a fight without rest is something I've never seen a human do.

I think At least Peak Human/Possibly Superhuman is better, it's not incredibly obviously superhuman.

Don't some (running) marathons last over an hour? While you not actively in a fight, you're still exerting yourself a lot.

I think they should stay Peak Human, albeit very high into Peak Human.

Don't some (running) marathons last over an hour? While you not actively in a fight, you're still exerting yourself a lot.
They can run an hour yes even more, but it's very different from a fight, much less hard.
A boxing match for example is much more exhausting than a marathon, so matches in the WWE verse are even worse.
No marathon runner can fight for an hour without rest, just like any boxer.

And the boxers as a bonus they make poses and they drink water, which the wrestlers do not do.

There are also cases of Wrestlers still being able to fight after sustaining bad injuries.

For example...
Triple H was able to keep fighting after tearing his quad
Triple H was still able to fight Brock Lesnar despite suffering from several burns across his torso
Undertaker could still fight Brock Lesnar for 25 minutes while concussed
Undertaker was still able to fight Triple H seconds after getting hit by the latter and Shawn Michaels finishers
Brock Lesnar was still able to fight Kurt Angle after breaking his neck
Kurt Angle won a gold medal despite suffering from a broken neck
Shane McMahon was still able to fight after jumping off a 7 m cell and being thrown through riot shield glass
The Fiend instantly kicking out after being beaten with several weapons from Seth Rollins
Mick Foley was still able to fight Vader after literally having his ear sliced off
Vader was still able to fight after having one of his eyes knocked out of its socket
Sabu was still able to fight Terry Funk after having his bicep mutilated
Mankind was still able to fight Undertaker after falling off a 7 m cell twice as well as suffering from a concussion, dislocated jaw, bruised ribs, internal bleeding, and several teeth knocked out.

Just to name a few

Last edited:
There are also cases of Wrestlers still being able to fight after sustaining bad injuries.

For example...
Triple H was able to keep fighting after tearing his quad
Triple H was still able to fight Brock Lesnar despite suffering from several burns across his torso
Undertaker could still fight Brock Lesnar for 25 minutes while concussed
Undertaker was still able to fight Triple H seconds after getting hit by the latter and Shawn Michaels finishers
Brock Lesnar was still able to fight Kurt Angle after breaking his neck
Kurt Angle won a gold medal despite suffering from a broken neck
Shane McMahon was still able to fight after jumping off a 7 m cell and being thrown through riot shield glass
The Fiend instantly kicking out after being beaten with several weapons from Seth Rollins
Mick Foley was still able to fight Vader after literally having his ear sliced off
Vader was still able to fight after having one of his eyes knocked out of its socket
Sabu was still able to fight Terry Funk after having his bicep mutilated
Mankind was still able to fight Undertaker after falling off a 7 m cell twice as well as suffering from a concussion, dislocated jaw, bruised ribs, internal bleeding, and several teeth knocked out.

Just to name a few
Well, some injuries mentioned are not counted in the kayfabe, but otherwise yes, matches with wrestlers who can fight despite injuries (kayfabe), there are many.

I agree with a superhuman upgrade. It isn't immediately obvious but being able to fight nonstop for as long as wrestlers can is not something normal or even peak humans are able to accomplish.

No marathon runner can fight for an hour without rest, just like any boxer.
In 1885, James Kelly and Jonathan Smith fought non-stop for several hours each round, with the only breaks being when one or the other or even both were knocked down, whereas modern boxing rounds only last three minutes with one-minute-long breaks in-between; in fact, their first round stretched onto two hours. The entire fight was six hours long, spread across a total of seventeen, grueling matches where, quote: in the eighth round, "Kelly let go the right but received on his nose from Jonathan, the claret flowing very freely from Kelly’s snuffler", in the twelfth round, "Kelly still [bled] from the nasal organ", in the fourteenth round, "Kelly [was excited], and perhaps somewhat annoyed at the obstinacy of his nose, which WOULD bleed", and in the fifteenth round, "... nearly an hour was occupied in sparring, feinting, stepping [back,] etc."

Tl;dr — James Kelly and Jonathan Smith fought brutally across seventeen rounds for a total of six hours, with their first round lasting two hours and their fifteenth lasting one. A few highlights include Kelly taking a blow to the nose in the eighth round and continuing to fight while bleeding until the seventeenth, and the two of them continuing to launch back-and-forth blows at one another despite being "considerably contused" — bruised.

They only ever collapsed shortly after the colossal battle; at this point, though, their bodies were "bloody and swollen".

In 1893 — at this point, one-minute-long breaks were established — Andy Bowen and Jack Burke fought vigorously across one hundred and ten matches over seven hours. Throughout the fight, Bowen, seemingly invulnerable, completely steelwalled Bowen despite being the stronger slugger. And, most notably, at some point during the fight, Burke broke every bone in both of his hands from relentlessly pummeling the "Iron" Bowen, and continued to fight back against him; albeit, with a weaker offense. In the end, they both emerged bloodied, bruised, and battered but still standing, even after seven hours.

Just pointing these cases out.

Last edited:
In 1893 — at this point, one-minute-long breaks were established — Andy Bowen and Jack Burke fought vigorously across one hundred and ten matches over seven hours. Throughout the fight, Bowen, seemingly invulnerable, completely steelwalled Bowen despite being the stronger slugger. And, most notably, at some point during the fight, Burke broke every bone in both of his hands from relentlessly pummeling the "Iron" Bowen, and continued to fight back against him; albeit, with a weaker offense. In the end, they both emerged bloodied, bruised, and battered but still standing, even after seven hours.
We know this case precisely, it was mentioned above, but it is still below the exploits of wrestlers, who take an astronomical number of blows and holds (even with objects), It's much worse than a boxing match, but who are still able to fight.

We know this case precisely, it was mentioned above, but it is still below the exploits of wrestlers, who take an astronomical number of blows and holds (even with objects), It's much worse than a boxing match, but who are still able to fight.
Yeah. WWE wrestlers take shots from steel on many occasions and still fight on.

I still think wrestlers should have Superhuman stamina, but it should be like this:

At least Peak Human, possibly Superhuman (description)

Wrestlers being able to fight on for lengthy amounts of time with injuries nonstop is impressive, and something most normal humans can't do.

Wrestlers have taken hits from steel chairs, steel steps, steel ladder, kendo sticks, straps, tables, barbed wire, and much more, and are still able to fight on.

Also, it's really hard to compare boxing stamina feats to wrestling stamina feats. Wrestling in general, is a more exhausting sport than boxing, as it requires using basically all of your limbs to win a fight, while boxing just requires you to use your arms in most cases.

Also, the part I mentioned where wrestlers can take multiple hits steel and much more should seal the deal, as that's far more brutal than just using your fists in a fight.

IMO, I think WWE wrestlers should Superhuman stamina, but it should be the way that I labeled it.

Also, it's really hard to compare boxing stamina feats to wrestling stamina feats. Wrestling in general, is a more exhausting sport than boxing, as it requires using basically all of your limbs to win a fight, while boxing just requires you to use your arms in most cases.
Don't use this, it's wrong. Boxers use their legs a lot in fights given how much footwork is necessary and MMA fighters have showcased similar stamina anyway, and kicking's fine there

Don't use this, it's wrong. Boxers use their legs a lot in fights given how much footwork is necessary and MMA fighters have showcased similar stamina anyway, and kicking's fine there
Wrestling is a more exhausting sport than boxing, but yeah. The way I described it is pretty flawed.

It's really inherently not.
Legit just look it up "is wrestling a more exhausting sport than boxing" and trust, most of the results you'll see is people saying that wrestling is the overall more exhausting sport.

Boxing will definitely get you roughed up a lot more, but wrestling requires using all of your limbs to win, while for boxing, most of the time, you're using your arms and legs.

I looked it up and first thing I found was mostly "no real way to determine it". But like, wrestling is a real thing different from pro wrestling, which is a performance. A really insanely difficult performance but it's not the same as actual IRL grappling.

I personally think there’s enough precedent for a flat Superhuman rating, although can we wait until the current tournament is over to apply these changes if accepted, given that it wouldn’t be fair to apply a verse wide upgrade in the middle of one

I personally think there’s enough precedent for a flat Superhuman rating, although can we wait until the current tournament is over to apply these changes if accepted, given that it wouldn’t be fair to apply a verse wide upgrade in the middle of one
True.

But like, wrestling is a real thing different from pro wrestling, which is a performance. A really insanely difficult performance but it's not the same as actual IRL grappling.
How many times do we have to explain that in verse the Wrestling matches are NOT performances, this is real Wrestling as far as Kayfabe is concerned. Taken to the extreme of course, but it’s still treated as “IRL Grappling” and well I guess in this case “IRL fighting on with injuries and getting smacked in the face with steel chairs, ladders, tables etc.”

How many times do we have to explain that in verse the Wrestling matches are NOT performances, this is real Wrestling as far as Kayfabe is concerned.
I am fully aware that they're real in the canon, thank you, I've only contributed on like five of these threads. That doesn't change the fact that the "martial art" is greatly different from real kinds of wrestling. About the pain endurance of the wrestlers, I'm not opposing that, solely that PW is inherently more taxing than RL martial arts

I think the debate is between a flat Superhuman vs “At least Peak Human, possibly superhuman”
I'm more on the latter, as I don't think it's flat out Superhuman, but I do think there is enough evidence to prove that the WWE characters are Superhuman in terms of stamina.

I am fully aware that they're real in the canon, thank you, I've only contributed on like five of these threads. That doesn't change the fact that the "martial art" is greatly different from real kinds of wrestling. About the pain endurance of the wrestlers, I'm not opposing that, solely that PW is inherently more taxing than RL martial arts
You’re missing the whole point of the context of the verse, you directly stated that “Pro Wrestling” was a performance that could not be equated to IRL Martial arts when it is not a performance and actively includes several martial arts.

You’re missing the whole point of the context of the verse, you directly stated that “Pro Wrestling” was a performance that could not be equated to IRL Martial arts when it is not a performance and actively includes several martial arts.
By that logic all Batman Martial art moves or any other popular movie character move is also can NOT be equated to IRL Martial because that's performance too.

Examples of marital art being different ?
The Rock has a move where he bounces around the whole stage like three times before attacking. That is not a recognized martial arts technique IRL.

I mean seriously, do you need me to come up with examples? It's just like its own thing, that should be obvious enough.
Ok, and the ultimate result is (in-verse) its own martial art separate from any IRL form of grappling, isn't it? So don't use IRL wrestling as an example of stamina exertion.
By that logic all Batman Martial art moves or any other popular movie character move is also can NOT be equated to IRL Martial because that's performance too.
The difference is that Batman movies aren't about participating in tournaments of their own, unique, fictional martial art. If they did, then yes, it should not be equated, stamina-wise, to real martial arts stamina exertion claiming that it's inherently more tiring like Random did. Which was never the main part of his argument, and I do not disagree with the rest, given that most martial arts don't see you getting dropped on your head several times per match.

The Rock has a move where he bounces around the whole stage like three times before attacking. That is not a recognized martial arts technique IRL.
I was not talking about the Rock, not everyone uses those moves, I don't think anyone says Rock should be a MMA God or MMA fighter let me give my own exmaples.

Back