• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible non-mentioned abilities for Ryuko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
I've been watching Kill la Kill lately and I have two useful pieces of information (heh) I'd like to discuss with you.

1. Ryuko's ability to become stronger the closer she goes to dying (similar to the Sayans). This is evidenced by this screenshot and the fact that Ryuko deliberately let Ragyo hit her to get even stronger, evidenced by this gif.

2. Senketsu possible reactive evolution. This is evidenced first by Ryuko's fight with Gamagori. Senketsu adapted to Gamagori's fighting style and ripped him apart from within by evolving and growing blades out of it's body. Two more examples come from Ryuko's fight with Jakuzure. When she was at a disadvantage, Senketsu evolved into a flying configuration. This is also noted by Satsuki Also Ryuko was able to deflect Jakuzure's sound attack by altering the frequency of the attack and producing an even stronger one herself.

I'd like some input on this from people that have knowledge in the verse. Thanks.

Senketsu having reactive evolution sounds reasonable to me and I've been thinking about that for a while.

However I think Ryuko only demonstrated the ability to get stronger whilst close to death in her Kisaragi form. Maybe that should be noted.

Something else I think should be listed is her ability to run on platforms at 90 degree angles and upside down. I think there's a specific name for that ability but I forgot what. I believe it's "Enhanced Mobility" or something like that. I'm not sure.

Ryukama said:
However I think Ryuko only demonstrated the ability to get stronger whilst close to death in her Kisaragi form. Maybe that should be noted.
Dunno, the very first screenshot I linked is Ragyo saying that when Ryuko just donned Junketsu, I don't think she could possibly know about the Kisaragi form.

Ryukama said:
Something else I think should be listed is her ability to run on platforms at 90 degree angles and upside down. I think there's a specific name for that ability but I forgot what.
Dunno if it has a name, but if it does, Satsuki should have that too. She also run up the building during her first fight with Ryuko.

@Scarlet Alright. The links weren't working for me and I thought you were just referring to that fight scene. If Ragyo also said for this to be true while she was wearing Junketsu, then I think it's fair to have that as an all around ability for her.

Also Gamagori hasn't used it for combat like Ryuko and Satsuki, but he has this "enhanced mobility" power as well.

@Scarlet I believe it gets steeper. But that was the only image I could find at the moment. It's not a really important ability to add for Gamagori at all though.

Main focus should probably be Ryuko possibly having Reactive Evolution and the zenkai thing.

This isn't really anything big like an AP or speed difference, and it's rather self explanatory. It's pretty much outright stated she has these abilities as shown in the screenshots above.

These powers aren't anything controversal, heavily debatable and I think it'd be a waste of everyone's time to highlight it or try and get staff members to comment. I guess I'll just add these to the profile.

I added the abilities. If someone for whatever reason disagrees with these, they are more than free to go to my wall. For now I will be closing this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back