• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible new type of immortality

Okay so after looking at all the possible immortalities in the wiki, I thought of a new type of immortality that is possible in fiction and quite a few characters have in fact which I am going to be giving examples for later on this post.

Essentially, the type of immortality I am referring to is a paradoxical immortality. Essentially existing without the ability of being killed because your whole existence or life/death per say is based on a paradox. Allow me to expand with some examples.

Dr. Monty for instance on Black Ops 3, or even Richtofen. The only reason to why Richtofen was able to stay on after they defeated the apothycons and the timeline fixed itself was because of the blood they gathered from mob of the dead; which was a reality that had now closed. And thus; he was not killed after everything fixed itself because he had something in his system from a reality that did not exist which created a paradox in the perfect world.

Another great example is Dr. Monty; he is unable to die unless somehow the paradoxical loop is fixed, which was done and thus he was "killed" at least from our understanding.

Another more popular example from a more known piece of fiction would be Zamasu (specifically merged Zamasu) from dragonball. Essentially, the merged form of Zamasu was half mortal half immortal, and thus when he was "killed" a paradox formed. He should have been dead since he was mortal, but he also should not have been killed which he is immortal and thus he started multiplying endlessly without the ability of being "killed" through regular means.

There is probably other examples within fiction you guys will be able to give but I definitely think this should be a thing in the wiki since from my read I don't think this type of immortality fits on any category without being downplayed or overplayed. Let me know guys of what you think!

Isn't this time paradox immunity?

That's just type 1

I'm not sure since the type of immortality they're referring to would require a paradox.

So, if we already have this covered, should I close this thread then?

Back