• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible New Ability

I strongly disagree with just going "yeah it's probably an illusion" without further evidence, at that point it feels like pure guesswork and headcanon (moreso than the HC and guesswork necessary for this hobby, anyways). If the ability comes up often enough with no alternative explanations, it should be fine to make it an actual ability on its own rather than just assuming a character has an entirely unrelated ability they've never shown elsewhere.

That being said, if it's too uncommon, then just listing the ability without linking to an ability page is a fine alternative.

In terms of a name the first thing that came to my head was daylight/daytime manipulation

not the two together just whichever one sounded best or they could both be crap

I agree with DontTalk.

Also, this seems like a too narrow and specific ability that can either be a limited version of other already existing powers and abilities pages, or just be briefly mentioned in p&a sections without any links.

If it's legit night time after that you have either
1. Manipulated time
2. rotated the planet
3. rotated the night sky
First is time manipulation, while the latter two are limited telekinesis.
Tearing a hole into the atmosphere.

Seems to be the main way, looks like it's rotating the earth without anybody knowing

Seems like a mixture of reality warping and manipulating the actual celestial bodies
Of course it could be one of them, but from what I thought, some of the characters who have this feat just turn the weather into night, with no context in moving the celestial object.
TV series
But either way, that comes under causality hax last I checked - a specific form of it via Khonshu
Yeah...you're right
in a weird way that could be possible if you take into gravity, electromagnetism and other stuff.
Emm? Wdym?

And about the illusion, I guess even without context, we can't immediately assume it's an Illusion, because.... some characters change the night, which is "real", although I still don't quite understand.

Anyway, I'll take the example of Moon Knight(series)

When Steven and Khonshu changed the time of morning to night and I guess only the sky changed, I mean, Harrow could see that they did that too(as I recall)

So.... about the matter without context that gets put into Illusion, I disagree.

And actually I don't blame about it being an illusion, because it all depends on the feats.

I agree with Impress.

Is it fine if we close this thread?

Back