• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible My Hero Academia Speed Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it is a laser or not doesn't really matter. A single outlier isn't going to grant street-tier characters lightspeed reaction times.

I dont see how its an outlier either, i know its out of place for such low tiers but the fact Aoyomas laser is made of light was the sole reason he was chosen to fight Thirteen, as she is able to break it down, as well as the fact the characters who scale havent been able to react to anything notable lower (Like bullets coming from actual guns and not other characters with the Homing quirk)

All might course 5 km in 30 sec, so Navel Laser >> All might? technically the High Hypersonic is an outlier but it seems that this is acceptable because .... I do not know anymore. moreover, the Verse has difficulty avoiding the ball and the "nature of the verse" does not allow such stats

@Jinx

We're not going to accept the lightspeed feat if the other best feats are far below that.

Aoyama's laser being made of light isn't an outlier by itself. It's when you try to assert that characters are capable of reacting to and dodging it that it becomes a ridiculous outlier.

Does it make any possible sense for the majority of heroes to be unable to dodge bullets (Mirio had to use his Quirk to avoid being hit by bullets, and the main plan of the villains depends entirely on shooting heroes with bullets) when these other weaker characters can avoid lasers? I don't mean to be rude, but you must see that this is logically incoherent.

Which hero has been unable to dodge bullets? Just because Mirio used his quirk to avoid bullets being shot at him doesnt mean he cant actually dodge them, maybe because his quirk takes less energy in order to do so.

@Jinx

I'm not sure if you're trying to say he "can't dodge them" or he "can dodge them.

But ultimately the vast majority of feats in Hero Academia are far below lightspeed, so until we get some more feats to corroborate this they're not going to be upgraded to this extent.

Jinx666 said:
Which hero has been unable to dodge bullets? Just because Mirio used his quirk to avoid bullets being shot at him doesnt mean he cant actually dodge them, maybe because his quirk takes less energy in order to do so.
Tamaki Amajiki was shot by a bullet, and Kirishima was shot in the head as well. I don't think I need to spell it out though that it is a simple fact of the series that most characters are not able to dodge bullets. What would be the point of guns if they could? Why would a villain organisation arm itself with Quirk-destroying bullets if they are entirely incapable of hitting anyone with them?

Seems like Kirishima reacted to it and activated his quirk instead of dodging

Can only assume tamaki was "off guard" idk

Nedoiko said:
Endeavor also showed that he can use his fire as a tangible object, making spears of fire for example.
And your point is...? That won't change the fact that saying that his laser is lightspeed stills wrong

Jinx666 said:
Seems like Kirishima reacted to it and activated his quirk instead of dodging
Can only assume tamaki was "off guard" idk
Would someone capable of reacting to a laser be taken off guard by something moving thousands of times slower?

Even if Kirishima did react after a bullet was shot (and not started activating his Quirk slightly beforehand) that proves that bullet-timing is still the limit for the majority of heroes. Laser-timing is something completely different.

Er idk, yeah...remember that time DBZ fanboys raged when Goku was taken out by a laser. He wasnt paying attention either. He wasnt even hurt anyway

Yeah, but it just proves they can react to bullets, so saying they cant react to lasers because they cant react to bullets isnt gonna solve it

No, it doesn't prove that they can all react to bullets. Kirishima didn't necessarily activate his Quirk is response to seeing a bullet heading his way and Amajiki definitely didn't react to a bullet. Mirio was only able to avoid a bullet due to his Quirk, but he saw the guy preparing to shoot him before he was shot at.

@Jinx

False equivalency. DB in general has multiple MFTL+ feats. Hero Academia does not.

Kirishima did...he doesnt automatically turn hard, and he isnt always in his hardened form as it wastes more of his stamina.

and ye, amajiki was just caught off guard i guess

Im not trying to "equalise" the verses feats, im just saying that getting caught off guard once (amajiki should be faster than kirishima being in third year anyway) doesnt necessarily rule any bullet dodging feats out

Im just gonna throw some points to keep in mind should this topic continue or come up again.

The first one is that the MHA verse has advanced technology, not super futuristic, but having faster shooting guns doesnt seem farfetched when you can have giant attack robots or quirk augmenting equipment.

Second, as an author, when you have a character whose power relates to super resistance, 9/10 times you will want to draw them tanking hits and bulldozing their way trough (not to mention that in kirishima's case, blocking a bullet that could hit a passerby is a more heroic thing to do), I mean, If you have intangible boy, you wanna show off his cool power by making intangible, not simple dodge it, and that still counts as a reaction.

tamaki's case I rechecked the chapter, he was shot from behind a crowd, while was focusing on keeping a villain down, and on top of that, the crowd was praising him, which has been shown constantly that to be one of tamaki's weaknesses due his low self esteem. Not only that, but FatGum is the first one to react to this and shouts "Get down!" before the bullet hit tamaki, so he was clearly off guard. Also as a side note, right after tamaki gets shot, kirishima is shown with his quirk deactivated trying to help him, then he receives a gunshot as well, but he hardens as a reaction

Since this thread does not appear to go anywhere, it is probably best if I close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back