• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
Last edited:
Phoey... What have I missed while I was gone from here...? Let's see what we got here...

I had a feeling someone would bring this up eventually and... to be fair, I can see a case for assuming those dots in the sky to be stars since the place DOES resemble a sky more or less. You need actual proof that they created this space, though (i.e. statements). And I guess proof that they also used their power to do it.

See, if there was actual proof that the X-Buster Volnutt collects in his adventures is the ACTUAL X-Buster and NOT just some random buster which coincidentally has the same name, I would be on board with Volnutt scaling to Mega Man X. But... I've been trying to look for evidence to this and I am just not finding it.

I had a feeling someone would bring this up eventually and... to be fair, I can see a case for assuming those dots in the sky to be stars since the place DOES resemble a sky more or less. You need actual proof that they created this space, though (i.e. statements). And I guess proof that they also used their power to do it.
And why wouldn't they have created it? Outside from the fact that the characters are all trapped on Elysium, she literally transforms and they are in a completely different area, which as i pointed out, is consistent with other characters in the franchise (with those characters even destroying said dimensions by being defeated, which doesn't happen with Sera but still). Plus, the fact that Sera didn't displayed this method of teleportation before that would prove this just futher makes the creation of the dimension more likely.

See, if there was actual proof that the X-Buster Volnutt collects in his adventures is the ACTUAL X-Buster and NOT just some random buster which coincidentally has the same name, I would be on board with Volnutt scaling to Mega Man X.
And why wouldn't it be? like, at all? It literally has the same name as the X Buster (and Capcom likes to reference previous games in newer games), it looks like it, and the fact that Mega Man Legends is at the end of timeline and the fact that it can be used to create a weapon which is so powerful it can easily destroy final bosses in seconds should be enough. Also, X Era is known for being strong within the series, so it being a fake X-Buster is nonsensical.

It's the real X Buster.

Last edited:
And why wouldn't they have created it? Outside from the fact that the characters are all trapped on Elysium, she literally transforms and they are in a completely different area, which as i pointed out, is consistent with other characters in the franchise (with those characters even destroying said dimensions by being defeated, which doesn't happen with Sera but still). Plus, the fact that Sera didn't displayed this method of teleportation before that would prove this just futher makes the creation of the dimension more likely.

And why wouldn't it be? like, at all? It literally has the same name as the X Buster (and Capcom likes to reference previous games in newer games), it looks like it, and the fact that Mega Man Legends is at the end of timeline and the fact that it can be used to create a weapon which is so powerful it can easily destroy final bosses in seconds should be enough. Also, X Era is known for being strong within the series, so it being a fake X-Buster is nonsensical.

It's the real X Buster.
The thing is, it's super unlikely the x buster would be preserved perfectly like that. Especially since the mega man x DNA was considered unreadable for anyone but Dr. Light, so it would be unlikely MML people could use it since they're far behind MMX in technology

The thing is, it's super unlikely the x buster would be preserved perfectly like that. Especially since the mega man x DNA was considered unreadable for anyone but Dr. Light
There's a massive difference between reading DNA and using your weapon.

Yes, but if you can't even read the data of something you def can not include it in your own inventions. Especially since the X Buster is not an actual gun but X's transformed hand
Ooorr you could just do something with it's mechanical parts, which is what Roll does. She isn't reading it's DNA, she is just making a weapon out of it by fusing with other items.

The thing is, it's super unlikely the x buster would be preserved perfectly like that. Especially since the mega man x DNA was considered unreadable for anyone but Dr. Light, so it would be unlikely MML people could use it since they're far behind MMX in technology
Funny you bring this up since the LN of Mega Man X actually goes into depth about how Dr. Cain still doesn't understand the mechanisms of the X-Buster. And yet, Zero somehow can understand that shit to upgrade his own.

Regardless, we don't actually know what the X-Buster part looks like, and none of what was brought up really... justifies it being the actual one. And with the good point Lunge brought up above, one can actually argue that it isn't X's X-Buster since no one from Legends should be able to understand the schematics with how technologically behind they are (I mean, come on. They went back to using manual tools rather than stick to automatic tsk tsk tsk). So... Yeah. I'll have to disagree with the X-Buster in MML being MMX's X-Buster. Sorry.
You know I can reverse this argument's logic, right? Sera has never displayed the ability to create entire light-years wide pocket dimensions, and neither has Lumine. Therefore, teleportation's more likely. This argument goes both ways, really. And, again, what you said just before proves nothing. The first phase of Sigma's boss fight in X7 took place in Red Alert's Crimson Palace, and then 2nd phase takes place in an another dimension that he took the Hunters to (thanks, Compendium of Rockman X).

You need solid evidence for these kinds of feats (i.e. statements), not vague and generous interpretations of what we can only see happening. And unless you can provide it, then I'm gonna have to also disagree with scaling the characters to the pocket dimension. Sorry once again.

and none of what was brought up really... justifies it being the actual one. And with the good point Lunge brought up above, one can actually argue that it isn't X's X-Buster since no one from Legends should be able to understand the schematics with how technologically behind they are
First of all, Roll is a mechanic genius and the only one that can make shit that strong.

Second, once again, not only it has the name with MML already having several references to previous games, but it's a weapon so powerful that it almost frightens Roll, and it can destroy the final bosses of the two main games in seconds, which as you said, are inferior in terms of tech (which they are likely aren't since they use less resources). Once again, there is a difference between analysing it on depth and using it as a weapon, Roll didn't ******* analyzed it on every microscopic part. Also, i don't think X really cared much about his body after he became a Cyber-Elf.

Besides, this whole point gets destroyed by the fact that X has been analyzed before by characters such as Cyber Peacock, Ciel making a copy out of him or by Raider Killer in X2 or most importantly, i dunno, Cain literally studying X's mechanics to make Reploids a thing? Dude, it's the thing that started the chaos at the X Era besides the Maverick Virus, you can't just ignore the storyline of the series just for this point.

Stop arguing out of personal headcanon on what is so blatant.
You know I can reverse this argument's logic, right? Sera has never displayed the ability to create entire light-years wide pocket dimensions, and neither has Lumine.
And so can i, both Lumine and Albert have shown to cause dimensions to appear by transforming, and so has Sera, so creation, and it's irrelevant because Lumine destroys that sun along with the dimension with his defeat and Albert straight up shatters the whole thing up and then causes it to collapse with his defeat. Nice attempt. Anyway

Once again, the method that Sera uses is completely different from how other characters teleport there and they are not as dramatic (Hell, it's never once implied that this feat was teleportation), with there even having a earthquake sfx while she transforms and when her final form and the dimension appears, meaning most likely that her sheer transformation created the dimension, just like how both Lumine and Albert does the same. She can't even bring them back all to Earth after the fight is over.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure about this feat or if Sera actually created it with her own power. I know Legends basically takes place in like a post apocalyptic future where pretty much all of the extremely powerful weapons and materials that made so many Reploids and Mavericks so strong are pretty much gone.

First of all, Roll is a mechanic genius and one of the few ones that can make shit that strong.

Second, once again, not only it has the name with MML already having several references to previous games, but it's a weapon so powerful that it almost frightens Roll, and it can destroy the final bosses of the two main games in seconds, which as you said, are inferior in terms of tech (which they are likely aren't since they use less resources). Once again, there is a difference between analysing it on depth and using it as a weapon, Roll didn't ******* analyzed it on every microscopic part. Also, i don't think X really cared much about his body after he became a Cyber-Elf.

Besides, this whole point gets destroyed by the fact that X has been analyzed before by characters such as Cyber Peacock, Ciel making a copy out of him or by Raider Killer in X2 or most importantly, i dunno, Cain literally studying X's mechanics to make Reploids a thing? Dude, it's the thing that started the chaos at the X Era besides the Maverick Virus, you can't just ignore the storyline of the series just for this point.

Stop arguing out of personal headcanon on what is so blatant.

And so can i, both Lumine and Albert have shown to cause dimensions to appear by transforming, and so has Sera, so creation, and it's irrelevant because Lumine destroys that sun along with the dimension with his defeat and Albert straight up shatters the whole thing up and then causes it to collapse with his defeat. Nice attempt. Anyway

Once again, the method that Sera uses is completely different from how other characters teleport there and they are not as dramatic (Hell, it's never once implied that this feat was teleportation), with there even having a earthquake sfx while she transforms and when her final form and the dimension appears, meaning most likely that her sheer transformation created the dimension, just like how both Lumine and Albert does the same. She can't even bring them back all to Earth after the fight is over.
Cain specifically couldn't create an exact copy of X, that's why none of the other reoloids have free will and unlimited potential like he does. Roll maybe smart but her technology is just far behind other series's. Copy X is also clearly not nearly as good as the main X as it was said to us

Cain specifically couldn't create an exact copy of X, that's why none of the other reoloids have free will and unlimited potential like he does.
That's clearly false as Sigma has it, and since every single one of them is based on X's design they should as well have it, which oh look! it's true.

And once again, this doesn't AT ALL debunk the argument that X can be analyzed normally, and Roll just made a weapon out of it, not making a goddamn scientific analysis on it, never once stated or shown to be the case.

Last edited:
The Star Force CRT is getting painfully ignored 😭

But yeah like Migue said, if you got proof that she created it with her own power show it. If not, this was a waste of time unfortunately.

The guidebooks or side materials don't mention anything relating to the nature of Sera's dimension? I mean, it's worth a shot to go look to see if the specify anything on it, even if it's unlikely we get something as explicit as "Then Sera created her own personal dimension", but it can give more hints on it we can hang to. Same with the Shining Laser. A quick trip to the Megaman HQ Wiki shows it has a description (but it's cut from the pic), maybe it can give more details on the lore surrounding it.

On a quick look I found Megaman Legends has this one, but Legends 2 should have its own.

if you got proof that she created it with her own power show it. If not, this was a waste of time unfortunately.
Pretty sure creating the whole thing by simply transforming should be enough. (Also, the whole screen shakes up by her transformation sooo)

The guidebooks or side materials don't mention anything relating to the nature of Sera's dimension? I mean, it's worth a shot to go look to see if the specify anything on it, even if it's unlikely we get something as explicit as "Then Sera created her own personal dimension", but it can give more hints on it we can hang to. Same with the Shining Laser. A quick trip to the Megaman HQ Wiki shows it has a description (but it's cut from the pic), maybe it can give more details on the lore surrounding it.

On a quick look I found Megaman Legends has this one, but Legends 2 should have its own.
Finding guidebooks for this type of stuff is hard, but if anyone can find one that would be appreciated.

I found this list with in-game descriptions, which describes the X-Buster as a laser weapon with no batteries.

I don't know how accurate of a description that is to X's X-Buster, but wouldn't the "no batteries" part indicate that Volnutt is the one powering the weapon so it being the actual X-Buster or not is irrelevant unless Volnutt's power output has been shown to match X's?

Gonna have to purchase the MML2 one (there definitely is one given that I looked on some JP EBay pages), since only the MML1 is the only one digitally available and translated.

And… I’ve looked in the translation of that book you linked and the game’s Prima Guide. There don’t seem to be much descriptions of the ‘X-Buster’ part. Gotta keep looking ig…

I don't know how accurate of a description that is to X's X-Buster, but wouldn't the "no batteries" part indicate that Volnutt is the one powering the weapon so it being the actual X-Buster or not is irrelevant unless Volnutt's power output has been shown to match X's?
Probably not, since the X-Buster never had batteries to begin with

Probably not, since the X-Buster never had batteries to begin with
I don't see how that's relevant.

If it has batteries then the batteries is what powers the buster so Volnutt has to show a similar power output, if it doesn't have batteries then X is the one who powers the buster so Volnutt has to show a similar power output.

Because it's explicitely stated that batteries don't come with it, and since we obviously know that's not how the X-Buster works, it likely is referring to that.

Also, Volnutt shouldn't likely scale to the Shining Laser, since it has a power so immense (which almost frigthens Roll) it can easily destroy final bosses which he was sttruggling a bit normally like Juno and Sera.

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

If it has batteries then the batteries is what powers the buster so Volnutt has to show a similar power output, if it doesn't have batteries then X is the one who powers the buster so Volnutt has to show a similar power output.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

Except he doesn't use the X-Buster, he uses the Shining Laser, a weapon made from the X-Buster, so Volnutt doesn't need to power it with his own power. Also, Volnutt can't even run when using it. My dude, the thing is so powerful it frightens the character who made it and can destroy the final bosses in seconds and one shot other enemies. Scaling Volnutt to it is absurb.

Last edited:
So...the shining laser would just be on its own tier? From what I'm reading at least. Impressive that Volnutt can even have a use of such raw power. He should've died if you ask me lol

So...the shining laser would just be on its own tier? From what I'm reading at least. Impressive that Volnutt can even have a use of such raw power. He should've died if you ask me lol
[Volnutt's tier], [SL tier]/far higher with Shining Laser

So is any of this thread accepted or no? I'm heavily confused and I don't think my lite autism is my problem ladies and gentlemen...

Based on? since some people here like Medeus were neutral here
I'm not trying to come off as rude so if I do, I am sorry. The reason I said that is because nearly everyone who has commented on this thread(This includes multiple notable verse supporters. Such as Migue, Rodri, and Lungefish) have disagreed with your logic on the premise of there not being enough evidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back