• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Mario Profile Split/Varies Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, quote as it is written on profiles is kinda not what is said. Here is a piece from interview linked there:

If you're familiar with things like Popeye and some of the old comic characters, you would oftentimes see this cast of characters that takes on different roles depending on the comic or cartoon

It would be just better to rewrite it or ignore that interview. Tho on interviews, if we are to keep using them, wasnt there one that confirms Mario 3 is a play? That wouldn't help at all.

Not to mention Star Festival, event happening every 100 years, has happened twice with Mario with the two Galaxy games.

Trying to make everything canon to a single Mario is kind of a mess, I'm not even sure how this should be changed.

The big issue is, everything is clearly connected. Almost every series has nods to one another in some way. The only one that dosn't reference other games is the Platformers. There's clearly a continuity here, it's just a confusing and incredibly messy one.

Edit: Also, saying Mario not using paper powers in non-paper games proves them being seperate is kind of dumb when Mario is the absolute king of not using 99% of his powers even when they'd be useful.

The big issue is, everything is clearly connected. Almost every series has nods to one another in some way. The only one that dosn't reference other games is the Platformers. There's clearly a continuity here, it's just a confusing and incredibly messy one.

Edit: Also, saying Mario not using paper powers in non-paper games proves them being seperate is kind of dumb when Mario is the absolute king of not using 99% of his powers even when they'd be useful.
I mean, there’s a difference between abilities and physiological differences lol

Which staff members have helped out in this thread previously?

Making references is common for big franchises tho, even if continuities aren't canon to one another.

I do not recall well anymore, but it seems intended to simply split the scaling into separate series of games.

The thread is ancient and the suggestion in OP has been U-turned. I think it might be best to close the thread and maybe a different content revision(s) could be handled if people have different ideas for the tier. ArmorChompy has said he does not wish to lead any further Mario related content revisions, but I heard Maverick might plan on something else. But variable tiers and profile splits are both rejected aside from debatably Paper Mario (Which I disagree with splitting that one too, but it's the only one being considered and up for discussion on a split proposal). And definitely no cosmology split at all period.

The thread is ancient and the suggestion in OP has been U-turned. I think it might be best to close the thread and maybe a different content revision(s) could be handled if people have different ideas for the tier. ArmorChompy has said he does not wish to lead any further Mario related content revisions, but I heard Maverick might plan on something else. But variable tiers and profile splits are both rejected aside from debatably Paper Mario (Which I disagree with splitting that one too, but it's the only one being considered and up for discussion on a split proposal). And definitely no cosmology split at all period.
Okay. Thank you for the reply.

@Foxthefox1000 @GyroNutz @Armorchompy @Maverick_Zero_X

Does this seems acceptable to you?

Basically, with the addition that I am on board with helping with revisions, I'm just not interested in being the one doing most of the debating. I still think Mario's tiers should be lower, and that PM should be split. But that's probably for another day.

Okay. Should I close this thread then?

Also, perhaps you and some of the other members that I mentioned above are able to collaborate to prepare a proper revision?

Okay. I will do so then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back