• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We should note that the ending winter is more than just "one" effect, and should be stacked onto the results of causing the time of day to change.

It doesn't look like other supporters seem all to interested, but I still prefer more input. I'll contact more supporters via message walls when I have more time.

I think making calculations of chaning the time of day based on a low end, middle end and high end based on the most reasonable time frames of the even Yahn saw would bbe a decent first step.

@Medeus

What do you think still needs to be done here?

I'm still unsure, and absolutely want JustSomeWeirdo to comment before we do anything; even though it sounds like it may be a while. I'll probably give him a few more days or so. But if not, I think we could upgrade Roy (Fire Emblem), Zephiel (Fire Emblem), Fae (Fire Emblem), and Idun back to High 6-A based on this calculatio. But unsure about the Fire Emblem 7 cast, and think they should probably remain Unknow until further notice.

I think Ike ranks higher than the calc proposed, even if it is a power he cannot obtain on hiis own.

Micaiah 100% shouldn't have high 6-A imo, it was the combination of ragnell and her blessing that cut thru Ashera and *her* blessing.

Also, if the time of day feat is calced and stacked to this one (Since the Ending Winter had many effects aside of the change of temperature), then Roy and the rest could reach a higher end of High 6-A or even into the planetary ranges based on the mininum amount of time turning noon into dawn should be to be impressive.

Rotating the earth has been calced several times before.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darksspine/Shovel_Knight:_Light_from_the_Darkness

Thing is, the time frame for this feat is not made clear. But for Yahn to find it impressive, it must have been a short time to recognize thaat the time of daay he was currently in had been changed to another time of day before it would naturally.

To me, a span of haalf an hour to two hours should be a decent low end and high end.

I think it would actually be a few hours, since it is likely that Yahn just noticed that it was night time when it should normally be noon. so probably 12 hours at most.

12 hours is thee natural difference betweeen thee times of day, so it must bbe way shorter than that. But, you can use that as the bare mininum of for the very, very low end.

Very very low end - 12 hours (43200 seconds)

Low end - 6 hours (21600 seeconds)

Middle end - 1 hour (3600)

High end - 20 minutes (1200 seconds)

Very optimistic high end - 1 minute (60 seconds)

Here is the calculation i cannot do on my computer rn since i am going to sleep.

180 degrees ├ù ¤Ç/180 = 3.14159 radians. 3.14159 / (Insert seconds here) = (result) rads/second.

0.5 * 4.848181e+38 * (Insert radient per second here) * 3.14^2. = Joules of force

7 seconds in the shovel knight thread gives us a result of High 5-A.

The result of this, if approved, could be stacked onto the other feat that already is giving the SoS High 6-A

It was because we don't assume Earth flipping feats for instant day to night transitions and instead the default is time manipulation.

Well, this one was not instant, but instead, gradual.

I guess i'll look further into the subject.

That is the thimg

The event was not derived of a time spell, but an unrelated clsh with dragons, and the time frame is far longer than instant like the shovel knight one

Kinda agree with Ted on this one, if it was time manipulation, it would have probably been instant, rather than over time like they said. Its kind of like when Ganon caused an endless night, and it wasn't counted as time manipulation. So I think it is just a case of the planet being rotated at a faster pace.

Actually, Ganon's Endless night is now considered Time Manipulation.

Mmm...The feats are indeed similar, but based on japanese Yahn's description, it seems like a gradual decrease of the time needed for a time of day to change, and tho make it look like noon, you have to either move the earth to avoid the sun or move the sun itself.

How to say it? The endless night and the ending sinter feats are quite different since nothing really stops its natural cycle, it is only accelerated beyond its natural course. The sun would still rise after the process was forcefully altered.

One more thing.

All of the elibe cast should have resistance to soul manipulation by being able to fight war dragons (FE6) and scaling to the 7 heroes (FE7) who destroyed Idunn's soul so she would obey orders.

Roy should have non combat applicable soul restauration powers.

They already have "Can survive without a soul." That's not really the same thing as resistance to soul manipulation. However, that is arguably something better than resistance to soul manipulation as far as Vs threads are concerned.

Idunn 's will being broken being a synonym of her soul implies Mind Manip.

So resistance to mind manip i guess.

There is such as thing as Willpower Manipulation, anyway; since JustSomeWeirdo hasn't commented, I will update the Roy, Zephiel, Idunn, Fa, and Prime Athos, but the others can remain Unknow for now. I absolutely want his input before applying the day/night stuff; I know causing an Endless Night I heard was calculated at Moon level looking at the Castlevania profiles. But once again, not comfortable applying it without JSW's approval.

Also, I don't think it's Will Power manipulation either. It would be Soul Destruction, but losing her soul would naturally make her lose free will rather than someone actively manipulating her willpower.

I mean, if they destroyed Idunn's soul for her to obey the dragon cause and create war dragons, it implies she was willfully agaonst doing so before they did that.

So willpower manip sounds good.

idk how to do the calcs, but i did figure out some stuff.

so basically said that noon became night. Noon is well, noon (12:00) and the average time for night is 8:00 (or 20:00). It is day time from 6 am to 8 pm. Night time from 8 pm to 6 am. This means that "day" time is 14 hrs and "night" is 10 hrs.

There is a 6 hour gap between 6 am and 12 pm. It takes 20 hrs in order for it to be 8:00. We subtract 6 from 20, since we wanna get rid of the time of night from day, which is 14. (therefore 14 hrs.)

So this all means that 14 hrs worth of time passed in 6 hrs. Divide 14 by 6, and you get aprox 2.3.

The Earth is spinning aprox 2.3 times faster.

I have no idea how to do calcs so ill just leave this here

I think i should indeed point out that the ending winnter is an event that caused MANY outcomes and events to happen, such as the climate change to the change of day feat and should be added up to the result of one another.

^ and I think I may have found the force in joules. Using the ganon tidally locking the planet as a source, I found that in order for it to spin 2.3 times faster, it would have to generate 491740000000000000000000000000 J of force (or 4.9174e+29 J). In tonnes, that would be 1.175286807e+20. So that would be about 117.5286807 Exatons of force, or 5-C. If we divide that by 8, that would be 1.4691085e+19 tonnes of force. Or 14.691085 Exatons of force, which is High 6-A. Final tally: 5-C for all weapons combined. High 6-A for every weapon.

Back