• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Downgrade for Resident Evil characters?

Long time RE fan here. Been playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake lately and came here to see B.O.W. power levels. To my surprise I find that human characters are in a tier that I expected the Tyrants to be in.

I also find it hard to believe that human characters are physically wall level. If this were the case, why wouldn't Leon or Clair punch open walls to escape from Mr. X? If Leon is really 9-B, why can't he punch the heads off of zombies? Do they have 9-B durability?

It's understandable that Chris punched a boulder into a river of lava, but did he do so with great effort? And was the boulder not set on a downward slope opposite to his position having gravity do most of the work after he nudged it? The problem is I see this feat as 9-C at best. Chris is strong in RE5, but he wasn't busting any brick walls.

Also, the zombies destroying wooden doors feat was done for a rail shooter style version of the game. The feat is obviously an outlier.

Just reply with a good explanation if anyone can because, as it stands, I see the data on these characters as inaccurate. Maybe a little wanking going on? I can possibly see Chris as Possibly LOW 9-C as he may be stronger than an athlete or the worlds strongest men. The version of Jill that was controlled by Wesker is possibly a solid 9-C as she's a bit stronger than Chris. I see Sheva, Claire, Leon, and most other main protags as at least 10-A due to being physically capable of fighting through B.O.W.s for hours on end (something an average person shouldn't be able to do). These seem more like the realistic power levels if you ask me (which you didn't).

Wesker is pretty much in a league of his own being somewhere in the 8-C teir with the weakness of having too much of that serum injected into him. A weakend/injected Wesker is possibly 9-B (much more managable for Chris and Sheva). Uroboros Wesker is the strongest version, but slowest. His strength is that of an 8-C, dura is possibly 8-B, but his speed is that of a LOW 10-B

There's is so much more that should be done with the characters on this site stat-wise and what tier they're different stats are at during certain circumstances in the story. Just a suggestion.

Crimson Azoth said:
The thing is a lot of RE character are 9-B for being able to crush skulls with a stomp, which is 9-B
Game mechanics such as this one shouldn't fall in line with the cutscenes* (which are truly cannon towards characters specs). My argument here is during gameplay your character can stomp a zombies head in soley for conviency. It would be lame if you had to die because a sleeper or crawler got a hold of your leg, so the designers implemented this into the game. I doubt they had in mind that Jill and Chris could bust through walls or else locked doors wouldn't be an issue. Although locked doors are considered game mechanics too!

Aside from the enhanced* humans (Albert, Veronica, Alex, spider Jill, ect...) I haven't seen RE human characters performing 9B capable feats.

I simply disagree.

Gear2ndGandalf said:
Game mechanics such as this one shouldn't fall in line with the cutscenes* (which are truly cannon towards characters specs). My argument here is during gameplay your character can stomp a zombies head in soley for conviency. It would be lame if you had to die because a sleeper or crawler got a hold of your leg, so the designers implemented this into the game. I doubt they had in mind that Jill and Chris could bust through walls or else locked doors wouldn't be an issue. Although locked doors are considered game mechanics too!

Aside from the enhanced* humans (Albert, Veronica, Alex, spider Jill, ect...) I haven't seen RE human characters performing 9B capable feats.

I simply disagree.
Chris' punches can kill Molded, and he isn't exactly as strong as the enhanced characters like Wesker and Leon pushes a boulder with the help of another person in RE6, if I recall correctly.

There's blatant superhuman feats that tie into the story for it to not be intentional, they wouldn't have implemented it in the way they did otherwise.

Also, The boulder wouldn't need Chris' help if it was already on a slope, it needed his help to go down said slope because it was on leveled flooring.

Using the argument that just because they are that strong means they should just bust down the walls to escape is wrong, why doesn't Link just cut down the walls and skip the puzzles in his way? Because story progression demands otherwise.

Exactly, also if Chris was only Street level he wouldn't be strong enough to push the boulder himself let alone punch it towards the incline.

Also, Leon and Chris are able to withstand tyrant punchs. The reason the characters do not destroy walls to escape their enemies is just a plot device, this happens in virtually every fiction.

Back