• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Ascension Kratos hax addition

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
So, I have been pondering this for a while and I'll take the risk á propos of nothing.

Kratos in God of War: Ascension receives the Soul of Hades, which has, as its main power, the ability to summon an Arm of Hades from the Underworld whenever he slams his Blades into the ground.

In gameplay, this ability only serves to slam the enemies and send them flying away (or, as the description puts it, "decimate enemies"). However, there is the possibility that this could grant Ascension Kratos a form of Transmutation, game mechanics aside.

In God of War 3, once you visit the Underworld, Kratos finds a book that sends a wave of monsters at him, including several Arms of Hades, that are the exact same as the Ascension version. Then, the arm proceeds to have a mandatory mini-cutscene where it grabs a man that had been dropped into the area, pulls him into a portal and quickly spits him out as a mindless spirit devoid of life. This happens several times throughout the battle.

This is not the only scene suggesting they are able to do this. The God of War 2 Time Attack guidebook also states something similar. Also, after Kratos dies at the beginning of God of War 2, his dead body is pulled into the Underworld by those same arms.

If it is accepted that they have this ability, Kratos would maybe be able to harness it by summoning them in Ascension.

It is transmutation? I mean, how you could a power that turn someone into a mindless being?

Anyway, I think that this power works in a indirect way, only being able to turn them that way to dragging them into the Underground; I could refer to a trope, but generally that is what happens when someone is dragged to Hell or its equivalent.

I mean, the first clip I posted of this happening already takes place in the Underworld. They still drag the guy down and turn him into a mindless soul.

The fight with Hades also takes place in the Underworld and he summons them to fight for him.

I also remember them turning people into skeletal monsters, but I'd have to find a clip to confirm that one.

Ah, then not sure exactly where are they transported. They could have the power, but according to your description Kratos do not seems to use that specific power.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Kratos can summon them, but in the gameplay they don't show that power while in GOW 3's cutscenes they do.

Seems just like Kratos uses the power differently than how it's used otherwise. If it's the same power, then it should be fine to add.

One thing I don't know is if we can rely on the gameplay portrayal as being what he summons them for.

I mean, considering the guidebook entry on these arms is that they are souls of the damned that want to make the enemy share their fate suffering by grabbing and tearing them, it seems more likely this is what they're supposed to be doing anyway, just nerfed by the gameplay portrayal.

Kratos doesn't spam this because he's still more of a brute at this point, but he does have this ability and when he uses it, this is what it's supposed to be doing in the lore. That's what I wanna say here.

Not that, lmao. Just that you commenting on a GoW thread seems a bit random

It's cause someone asked me to respond. So I read it and I think your proposed changes seem fine.

Back