• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible 6-C Akuma

Shouldn't Akuma's Oni form get at least a at least High 7-A, possibly or likely 6-C key? Since the gap between High 7-A and baseline 6-C isn't really too far.

He's baseline High 7A and the Gap is almost .5x.

I'm afraid just being stronger isn't enough to warrant it

His 1.28 gigaton island busting feat was pretty casual, and baseline 6-C is 4.3 gigatons. He has 2 forms that increase his power by large amounts.

That feat wasn't casual at all, he even charged it up and put all of his might into it as a showcase to Ryu of his power.

Then why is he rated as at least High 7-A on his base form? Just because you charge up your attack doesn't necessarily mean it's the full extent of your power. Like his 2 extra forms under his belt.

To give it at least some kick on it, though it's likely either on the higher sides of his "casual" ranges of casual attacks. Hell, it's probably on the higher ends of his "normal" moves. Since he has little issues of performing the move himself like how he even smiled againts Ryu while doing it. Also Goku charged up his punch a bit againts Jiren when attained Ultra Instinct again and that wasn't even his full power. A bit of a comparison even though Goku was more casual there.

I think that he should be at least low 6-C, even in his base form, he did that in Alpha days, which is probably when he was in his weakest state, and he has grown far more powerful since then, but if not that, than in Oni form he should be upgraded to 6-C. On the other hand, Akuma should be upgraded to possibly 5-B, according to his SF3 ending from Arcade Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpWs30n3FZs skip to 4:47 It is stated he has enough power to crumble the Earth, mind you, it is written with big "E" so its not like earth as a ground, but earth as a planet, and for some other characters those endings were mentioned and were used to upgrade them to certain tiers, so maybe its time to calculate Akuma's SF3 ending and upgrade his tier as well, like low 6-C or possibly 5-B or maybe simply low 5-B.

As much as I would like planetary akuma, that is no where near 5-B.

Akuma is known for his flowery language when speaking about power and, no matter how the sentence is structured, it's just a statement that's followed by him splitting a mountain range. A good feat, but not nearly to the same extent. Just a misunderstanding. He says similar qoutes in his IV victory pose "both heaven and Earth tremble to my might". If you're gonna mention 5-B akuma at least go off of oni saying "my power, moves worlds" which even then isn't enough evidence to warrant a upgrade around here.

Like the previously discussed Cammy statement here: https://youtu.be/JbrWjHudG_k Country lvl killer bee?!? As cool as it is, it doesn't have enough support to be taken seriously or not to be considered an outlier.

As for the 6-C stuff, I personally agree and I'm sure if ya dig deep enough one can find a multiplier for shin or oni in some form. Though iirc multipliers work a certain way here so it probably wouldn't give him a proper upgrade.

Yeah, well, Akuma wasn't the one who stated that, it was a sentence from the ending. Awhile back, Raiden and Shao Kahn were labeled as planet level, mainly because their fight shook the Earth to the core, which was never shown, it was only mentioned in MK3 ending , or was it intro, but never mind, which is pretty much the same case as this one, although when it comes to those two, that feat was later established to be low country level, so I think that maybe they should calculate that statement from Akuma's ending so that we can know how his tier should be upgraded.

Ingrid is non-canon to the Street Fighter lore. According to what we've seen so far canonically, Akuma/ Oni and Oro are the strongest SF characters.

I wouldn't say that Oni being 6-C is that much of a stretch. If both forms are at least 1.85x stronger than the last then Oni could be baseline 6-C.

Well his base form is rated as at least High 7-A so that implies that he's stronger than baseline High 7-A.

Basically this conversation

Team 1: Akuma is island level because he destroyed an island

Team 2: Akuma is only island level as Oni despite having destroyed an island in his base form

Team 3: Akuma is planet level because someone said so

Team 4: Akuma is not planet level

Oni should definitely be around 6-C. Oni isn't just another transformation of Akuma (like Shin Akuma is), it's literally Akuma finishing his Demon's Path (the path he's been walking since the beginning) and becoming a complete Satsui no Hado Demon God. It's Akuma's full potential, in other words. Therefore, Oni is way out of Two-Armed Oro & 3rd Strike Shin Akuma's league.

Akuma is island level. End of story. I don't care that he didn't effortlessly do it, he still did it. And it certainly wasn't his full potential, as he would have transformed to Oni at that point.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Akuma is island level. End of story. I don't care that he didn't effortlessly do it, he still did it. And it certainly wasn't his full potential, as he would have transformed to Oni at that point.
by it i meant destroy the island

It was calced and it was determined Large Mountain level. We go by energy produced not names of tiers. Even if someone destroys an island, the size of the island will change the amount of energy needed to destroy it. Akuma destroyed a small island, and it was calced to be Large Mountain level.

Back